CLOSER

Heater

•Chohee's POV• 

 
He left me for her, I know it... This is the second time. She was the person, the reason, Mir left me a couple days back. Whoever she is and whatever happened to her, is much more important to Mir than I am... But it hurts to think about it. 
 
My chest aches and my stomach feels out of place. A towel is over my wet shoulders as I sit in the kitchen, eating from a bowl of grapes. I haven't changed out of my soaking dress yet. When I got inside, I suddenly felt so tired. Like the world weighed down on my shoulders. I felt so tired that I couldn't be bothered to feel disgusted by the sea water I was drenched with. But I also didn't change, because the memory I had in these clothes were ones I don't want to forget. Up until meeting Taeyeon, of course. 
 
I sigh heavily and rest my head on the table, continuing to eat in a depressing manner. 
 
What's this boy doing to me? He makes my heart go quick when we're close and it's just us two but he makes it hurt too... I groan in confusion and sadness. 
 
That girl was so pretty too, no wonder he left me for her. She shines and practically glows! Mir must like girls like that; girls who people just can't stop looking at. I'm just a ghost—a spirit—everyone just looks away.
 
"Wow, for a giant place like this that has everything, it's so hard to just get a towel!" I hear a familiar voice behind me. 
 
I jerk up and turn in my seat. My eyes widen and my heartbeats ten times faster. 
 
"Mir!" 
 
He looks at me and laughs, "That's my name, don't ware it out!" I'm too stunned to say anything as he walks over and takes a seat in front of me. He's still dripping too.
 
"I-I thought you left?!" 
 
"Me?! Aniya~ We have a lesson to complete, I won't ditch you again." He offers a small apologetic smile. 
 
I smile back. Relief washes over me like a thirst for water finally being quenched. I want to hug him tightly and just smile and never stop. But I restrain myself. "Promise?" 
 
"Yeh! Yaksok," he lifts his pinky finger up and I link mine with his. 
 
"Break that and I'll get Rain-oppa to knock you out." I threaten. I'm beyond happy right now. He's here, right in front of me. I'm touching him and we're joking around and laughing. He didn't leave me. My heart feels so full that it'll explode. 
 
"I don't break my promises." 
 
~~~
 
"Good job! At this rate, we'll finish eighty-percent of what I had to cover by the end of the summer!" Mir says enthusiastically. It's been two weeks of straight tutoring sessions. 
 
Mir and I worked hard to study and with that, we became closer. 
 
"Aee, what happened to the other twenty-percent?" I ask as I help Mir clean up at the end of the lesson. We don't step into personal boundaries when we talk, and I still haven't continued the story of my past to Mir, but I still feel all the more comfortable with Mir.
 
"Ahh, you see, those were the days you stubbornly refused to leave your room and have class with me." He explains, taking the aligned sheets I hand him. 
 
"Ohh," I nod understandingly. 
 
At that moment, Appa strides down from his room in his suit, holding his briefcase. 
 
"Appa, I thought you had no work today..." I say with a frown. Since Appa had gotten out of the hospital, I hadn't gotten a single chance to speak to him. He went straight back to work. "You should still be resting." 
 
"I'm okay, Chohee-ah. It's just that business has been running into difficulties lately. I have an emergency board meeting to go to." Appa explains, walking up to me to hug me. 
 
"Ohh I see," I say. 
 
"It's alright, we'll spend time together soon, arrasso? I'll go first, see you tonight." Appa smiles down at me and places a kiss on my forehead. He's about to leave when he pauses and turns to look at Mir. "Mir-ah, you got this job to earn money to get to Seoul right?" He asks. Mir nods his head. "How's the money collection going?"
 
"For the trip to Seoul? Long done," He smiles goofily. "I earned it last week. Now, I'm just earning a little extra for myself and my parents and older sisters." 
 
"Wow! Chincha?! Good for you." I genuinely smile as well. I've been doing that more often and I like it. Smiling lifts up my mood, it makes me feel like I shine. 
 
Appa smiles at Mir too. "That's a good boy. Okay, I'll be heading out. Annyeong!" 
 
Mir and I wave Appa goodbye as he walks out the door. We're about to return to our conversation when Sooki bursts out of the kitchen door holding a bag with, what I presume is a food container inside 
 
"Hi Unnie," I greet. 
 
"Where's Samchon?!" She asks urgently.
 
"You just missed him. He just left for work," Mir answers, pointing out the door. 
 
Without another word Sooki clutches the bag closer to his chest and breaks into a run toward the door, following the direction Appa left. 
 
"I guess he didn't eat yet..." I think aloud. 
 
"Wow, Sooki really cares about Mr. Lee, neh?" 
 
I nod, "She's been really worried about him lately because he works so much he forgets to eat. Umma can't even get him to eat. She's been trying to fill in for him at work, but he just goes anyway." I sigh heavily. In truth, I feel like I haven't seen my family in a while. I might live with them, but they're never here. They're so occupied with my Appa. I don't mind because I'm worried about my Appa as well, but even Sooki and Umma haven't rested since Appa came out of the hospital.
 
"It's alright, I'm sure he's fine. It's great that you all care about him so much, though." 
 
"You're so optimistic," I state, looking down. Mir shrugs.
 
"Oh!" Mir exclaims. I look at him carefully. "Should we celebrate?" 
 
"Celebrate what?" I ask when we finally clear the table of my work. 
 
"That I now have the money for Seoul! What should we do? Hmmm..." Mir taps his chin in thought. Then excitedly points his finger in conclusion. "Clubbing?!" 
 
I stare at him in disbelief and shake my head. He laughs at his own bad joke. Over the course of the two straight weeks tutoring, Mir and I have become much closer than I expected. I feel like he understands me more. I like being near him, he makes me feel warm and smile more. 
 
"It's nice outside, how about we think about what we should do to celebrate on a bike ride?" Mir suggests, standing up. 
 
"...Bike ride?" I ask.
 
"Neh! A bike ride! Let's go now, we're wasting daylight." Mir pulls me to my feet and ushers me out the door. "Where do you put your bikes?" 
 
"Bikes? I don't own any, I don't even know how to ride a bike..." I shamefully admit. 
 
"Mwoh?!" Mir exclaims, staring at me with an open mouth. I blush madly. 
 
"I just never learned–" 
 
"Enough said, you're going to learn how to bike. Your next lesson with Songsaeng-nim Mir: Bicycling." 
 
•••
 
A/N:
Hehehehe, loving the support^^* You guys so are great! 
So the next section is kinda long, but I have the majority
of the parts written. Expect a lot of Chohee&Mir moments!
And I think I have to bring some characters back because
not even I know where they went x)
cough–Sooki, MBLAQ, Rain, Umma, Appa where u at–cough