PRESENT HUNTING

Heater

•Mir's POV• 

Half an hour later, Taeyeon and I are at Wanghae, sitting on a bench. 

"Well what does she want?" She asks me, thumbing through some magazines. 

"Um... Well she isn't really a material kind of person." I mumble. 

"Ah! Omg! This is new! Get her this!!" Taeyeon squeals girlishly, totally ignoring what I've just said, as she shoves the glossy magazine in my face. 

"Tae it's so close I can't even see it." 

"Oh opps," she giggles and moves back. I look across the page and see what she's pointing at.

My mouth drops. "T...That's my entire paycheck for two months...." And all it is, is a bracelet with three charms.

"Hmm?" Taeyeon sounds confused and looks at the page again. "Oh... Well it isn't that pricey! Don't over exaggerate. And anyway, I'm sure Chohee can wait two months if she really wants it." 

I look down at Taeyeon with a look that questions her motive of helping me. 

"What?" She asks innocently. "I'm just saying." 

I shake my head and put the magazine down. "Like I was saying before you interrupted me, Chohee isn't a material kind of person... And anyway she already has a bracelet like that." I say, remembering the blue charm bracelet that never left her wrist.

Taeyeon pouts and mutters to herself, continuing to flip through magazine pages. 

"How about this? Do girls like this?" I ask Taeyeon, pointing at an exquisite new pair of headphones from a magazine in my own hands.

Taeyeon scrunches up her nose in obvious personal distaste. "Is she a music junkie?" 

I pause with realization. "Actually... She hates music." 

"Mwol?!" Taeyeon gawks. I nod curtly. "Then obviously don't buy it for her. Why would you even ask me that, Oppa? Don't you know her better?" She exaggerates a sigh and returns to flipping pages.

I roll my eyes before I remember something. It almost clicks in my brain. 

"The song...." I whisper to myself.

"Hmm?" Taeyeon looks up at me.

"Oh err, nothing." I smile to cover up my secret. I want that song to be between only Chohee and I. The song I'm supposed to show Chohee that'll make her fall in love with me. I suddenly feel the weight of my promise. This has to be a perfect song... I mean, there are songs with good lyrics and other songs with great melodies, but one with both that will actually mean something to Chohee... What am I supposed to pick now?!

"Aee liar! Think of something?" She presses on.

I shake my head firmly, "Nahh." But I'm lying. If I could just find this perfect song maybe I could show it to her as a gift.

I can feel Taeyeon watching me but instead of continuing to speak, I go back to looking at the magazine from over her shoulder. We spend an hour like that together and I don't find a single material thing I can give Chohee when I ask her out. 

"Okay, you know what? How about you and I just go on a field trip to the mall and try to find something there?" Taeyeon proposes, closing the thirtieth magazine we'd looked at almost an hour later. Taeyeon had called her chauffeur to bring her a case of the latest magazines earlier so we ended up with an entire load to look at. Still, I didn't manage to find a single thing to get Chohee. Everything either shone of excessive glitter or was not Chohee-like at all. However, the idea of the song still rang at the back of my head.

"Right now?" I ask, glancing at my watch. 

"Now would be great, but if you can't then you can't." Taeyeon shrugs. I ponder over my indecisive thoughts. "By the way Mir, when do you plan on confessing?" 

"Um," I start. "I was thinking... Maybe within a weeks' time. It's hard! I want to confess tomorrow but at the same time I want to make it perfect, which could take a week!" 

Taeyeon chuckles lightly beside me and shrugs. "If you try to make it perfect, it'll never be." 

"But I want to make it amazing for her... I want it to be memorable." I say but it feels like a new burden has placed itself upon my shoulders and made itself a new home.

"Then be yourself." Taeyeon suddenly says quietly. I look at her but she doesn't look at me. Her fingers fidget in her lap. "If it's from you, whatever it is, she'll love it." 

Compassion washes over my heart and I feel oddly happy to be sitting beside my old best friend and first love. 

"Thanks Tae." I say and lean back against the bench, slightly more content than earlier. 

•••
A/N: 
I bet you're all super eager for ChoheexMir moments 

but I have everything planned!! So just wait:-) 

But quick question... are there any TaeyeonxMir shippers?

And for a little eye candy I'll just leave this here................

tumblr_mlevz8fic21rrxzruo4_250.giftumblr_mlevz8fic21rrxzruo1_250.gif