You are here, by my side

Closer

 

이제 난 혼자가 아닌 거죠

ije nan honjaga anin geojyo

Now I’m not alone

그 자리에서 오늘 나에게

geu jarieseo oneul naege

Only you

 

온그대 만이

on geudae mani

who has come to me from that place

 

*In Seoul*

 

“And his has been comfirmed, that Onew of SHINee has left this Earth peacefully. It’s such a pity though, that such a talented and kind soul like him would have to go through all this. Rest in peace, Onew.” News reports were everywhere. Shawols were devastated, but what they felt could not be compared to what someone else did.

 

“Onew oppa… Why didn’t you tell me? How could you have suffered alone? This pain, did you think it would have been less if I didn’t see you for the last time? Oppa, pabo ya. I would have preferred staying by your side when you needed me the most. Giving you all my love, trying my best to take away all of your pain. Don’t you know that? Oppa, you are too thoughtful for your own good…”

 

Tears streamed down Taeyeon’s face endlessly. No matter how much comfort provided to her from  the SHINee members nor the SNSD members, no one could reduce the pain felt in her heart. The feeling of regret. The feeling of not being able to see the one she loved so much for the last time.

 

Onew oppa, I hope you are happy and enjoying yourself in heaven. Please oppa, don’t forget me. I love you so much, it hurts.

 

 

Onew looked at Taeyeon, sitting on the couch, her beautiful face covered with tears. Tiffany and Sunny sat on either side of her, their arms around her, patting her back. Sunny was tearing too, but she tried to stay strong for Taeyeon. The SHINee members on the other hand, were crying their hearts out in their own practice room, and did not have the ability to comfort Taeyeon at all.

 

When Onew had seen his dongsaengs, all he could do was give a sigh. Those people. Really, they should at least provide Taeyeon some comfort instead of crying by themselves shouldn’t they! Eeeesh!

 

Onew went towards Taeyeon, reaching his hands out in an attempt to wipe the tears off her face, like he always did. However this time, there was no effect, as his hands swiped through the air. Taeyeon ah… Why Can’t I wipe away her tears? Why can’t I take away her hurt. All he could do was sit beside her.

 

His eyes were filled with pain and misery. Her heart was filled with guilt and sadness. The pair both helpless and blaming fate for its cruel twist in their life.

 

Taeyeon ah… Please don’t cry anymore. Don’t you know how much it hurts me to see you like this? Oppa made a promise to never leave your side, and I will fulfil this promise. Even though you may not be able to see me, Oppa will always be here by your side to protect you and love you, and give you what I couldn’t when I was still alive. Taeyeon, please don’t hurt anymore, you are not alone. I’m here with you. I love you Taeyeon, please don’t cry anymore.

 

 

Taeyeon suddenly felt a wave of assurance wash over her soul. Onew oppa is here isn’t he? He promised to stay by my side, and I know he will. Oppa, even though I can’t see you, I know you’re here. Oppa, promise to never leave me again. Ever. Even if people in my life come and go, you musn’t leave me again. My love for you will never change, and nothing would be able replace it. I know I’m not alone now oppa, you are here with me. Onew oppa, I love you.

 

Taeyeon sat up straighter, and wiped away her tears.

 

“Aigooooo, my makeup is completely ruined. I need to find the makeup artists unnies to do a touch-up for me again. I feel so bad…”

Sunny and Tiffany looked at each other with complete bewilderment. They raised their eyebrows and wondered at the same time “What’s up with that girl. Did the depression affect her brain?”

 

Worried for her, they walked towards her, only hearing her dorky laughter once again as she chatted with IU. She even crossed her eyes and made a strange face, to the amusement of IU, who also started laughing together with the kid leader.

 

“Strange!” Both Tiffany and Sunny retorted.

 

Sooyoung and Seohyun went to Taeyeon and hugged her.

 

“Unnie, you’re back to normal!!!” Seohyun was more than happy, and hugged her so tight that she was struggling to breathe. “You haven’t eaten for so many days, it’s unhealthy! Please do go eat some food unnie!”

 

“Arraso, dear Maknae.” Taeyeon smiled at the compassion of the innocent Maknae of the group.

 

“Ya danshin. Hurry!! I’m starvingggg~ I want my fooooooood~” Sooyoung whined.

 

“Watch your manners  SHIKSHIN! Eeeesh. Aegyo and Sooyoung totally don’t go together. And go get your own food! Who am i? Your servant?” Taeyeon attempted to smack Sooyoung’s head, but failed due to her lack of height.

 

“hahahaha really a danshin! And no, you’re not my servant. But since you had the fate to be our leader, than you’ve become my  wife. Now get me some fooooooood~” Sooyoung continued her antics much to the annoyance of their leader.

 

“Fine, fine. Just my luck.” Taeyeon pretended to be annoyed.

 

Knowing that you are here by my side brings me comfort. Now I know that I’m not alone, you are with me. I’ll always love you, Onew oppa.