Though someday your name might become strange, My heart will remember all the memories

Closer

 

언젠간 낯선 이름이 되어도

eonjengan natseon ireumi doe eodo

Though someday your name might become strange


내 가슴이 그 추억이 다 기억할 테니까
nae gaseumi geu chueogi da gieoghal tenikka

My heart will remember all the memories


혹시라도 아픈 이별이 온대도

hogsirado apeun ibyeori ondaedo oneureun
Even if a painful separation comes between us


오늘은 그런 생각은 하지 마요

geureon saenggageun haji mayo

Let’s not think about that today

 

Taeyeon looked at the Polaroid she took with Onew, on their very first anniversary. She was making an aegyo pose at the camera, while Onew stared at his plate of fried chicken, annoyed that she had insisted on taking the photo before he could eat his beloved chicken.

 

She smiled at the memory, her heart aching as she realised that Onew had left her again. She assured herself that he had his reasons, that he would not have left her selfishly. She knew that nothing would make her forget those times that they spent together, running through the rain, making chicken cutlets and just sitting and chatting.

 

“Onew oppa, I really really miss you. I know you are going to come back for me, but when?”

 

She remembered the times when there was no such thing as misery or sadness in their relationship. Their days were filled with colors and awaiting for the next day where more surprises and fun would turn up at their doorstep. They only saw the love they had for each other and nothing else, the times when separation did not occur at all in their minds, only the thoughts of enjoying that day surfaced.

 

In their hearts and minds, their souls were already united, they were tied together by fate and nothing could separate them. Or so, they thought. We were so innocent back then… Taeyeon flipped through the pictures, and could only give a bitter smile.

 

 

*At the States*

 

“Taeyeon, I really miss you.” Onew hugged the picture of her giving him a box of fried chicken, smiling goofily at the camera.

 

“I really didn’t want to do this, Taeyeon ah.. I know that it hurts you, it hurts me too. But I’m sure one day, you will really forget me. Trust me, this would be less painful for the both of us than if I stayed. I’m sorry, Taeyeon.” He pulled the blanket over his head, trying to pretend to sleep as someone walked into his room.

 

“Onew oppa, have a good sleep, see you in the morning.” The figure walked up to him and kissed him on his cheek, pulling down the blanket. Seeing his tear-stained face, she gave the smallest fraction of a frown, with a tinge of suspicion, before leaving the room.

 

Thank you, Eun Ji. I love you.

 

Onew then logged in to Facebook on his phone, posting a new status. Enjoying life in the states now, there are so many pretty girls here! This is the life~ ^^

 

When he opened his eyes again, it was The Day. Bells rang, flowers were thrown. The official newly-wed couple walked down the aisle.

 

“I do.”