Just like a child who is always this way, will you warmly hold me right now?

Closer

 

그대만 보며 서있는걸요

geudaeman bomyeo seo itneun georyo

I am standing here as I only see you

이 사랑 후엔 난 잘 모르겠어요

i sarang huen nan jal moreugesseoyo

After this love, I don’t really know what will happen


아주 어린 아이가 항상 그러하듯이
aju eorin aiga hangsang geureoha deusi

Just like child who is always this way


지금 이순간 따스히 안아줄래요

jigeum i sungan ttaseuhi ana jullaeyo

Will you warmly hold me right now?

 

 

Onew and Taeyeon’s friendship bloomed, and they soon realized that not only were they best friends, they were beginning to feel a little more than friendship towards each other.

 

 Whenever Taeyeon met Onew, her heart started to flutter. Whenever he made small gestures such as holding her hand or putting his arm around her shoulder, her heart skipped a beat and she would blush unknowingly.

 

Whenever Onew put his arm around Taeyeon, he would feel nervous and yet expectance. He longed to see her everyday, and gradually started to miss her even if he did not see her for just a day.

 

“Taeyeon ah… Could you meet me at the old park opposite our house later this afternoon? I have something I want to say to you…” Onew blushed and grinned goofily.

 

“Okay oppa! I have something I want to tell you too!” Taeyeon gave a huge smile and crossed her eyes, making herself look extremely hilarious.

 

Onew laughed at her expression and hit her forehead. “Aigoo, you should consider being more ladylike you know!”

 

“Really? Like this?” She said, before parting her fringe and making a weird facial expression. (Like the one she made in horror movie factory)

 

“Aishhh, what do I do with you!” Onew gave an exaggerated sigh. “Okay, I’ll go for lunch at the newly opened chicken place with Jonghyun and Key now, have fun at your lunch date with Tiffany and Sunny!”

 

“Okay! See you later!” Taeyeon skipped off to Sunny’s house, excited to meet her danshin friends again.

 

She’s so cute! Her pure innocence and smile really melts my heart… Onew thought to himself. He headed to the chicken place with a lovesick smile plastered on his face, thinking about how he was going to confess to her later.

 

*At The Park*

 

Taeyeon sat at the top of the slide, wanting to catch a sight of Onew before he arrived so that she could scare him somehow, trying to get an advantage of having a higher view knowing that her height would not have helped her one bit. From the corner of her eye, she could see a figure walking towards the area, tripping on a branch and holding onto a tree for balance as he walked towards the playground. She immediately left her present spot and ran behind a big tree before he could see her, with an evil smirk on her face.

 

Onew walked towards the playground, with his eyes on the ground in case he tripped once more. His onew condition was acting up more recently, due to his nerves. “I love you Taeyeon, could you be my girlfriend?” he mumbled to himself. No, that’s too plain and normal… “Taeyeon, you are the reason why my heart beats, why my brain functions and why I’m still living. I love you so much… Could you be my... OOF” He was muttering all these and walked straight into a tree in front of him. He checked the package he was carrying, to see if it was alright. To his relief, it was.

 

“Could you be my… ARGHHHHHH!!!!!” He screamed as he saw a ghost. Wait a second…… “YAH KIM TAEYEON! DO YOU THINK IT’S SO FUNNY TO DO THAT! I COULD HAVE HAD A HEARTATTACK AND DIED AND NOT GET TO EAT CHICKEN FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!” he screamed.

 

Taeyeon held her stomach as she laughed, barely stopping herself from rolling on the floor. “hahahahaha you should have seen the look on your face!!!” Tears were streaming from the corners of her eyes at top speed as she tried to stop laughing. “sooooo,,, hahahhaha funny!!!” Onew just glared at her and continued walking.

 

“Oppa, are you angry? Mianhae!” Taeyeon tried to hold in her laughter, as she did a cute pout to appease him. She put her arms at the side of her face, and did many poses filled with aegyo, until onew started laughing as well.

 

“Aigoo how can oppa ever stay mad at you, huh?” Onew grinned. Ah, right the confession.

 

“Taeyeon ah.. I have something I want to tell you. You are the reason my heart beats and the reason I am living right now. I love you more than I love chicken. SARANGHAEYO! CANYOUBEMYGIRLFRIEND!” He said the two sentences at top speed, causing Taeyeon to look at him with a confused look.

 

“Sorry oppa, I didn’t get that.”

 

“Could you be my girlfriend?” Onew was now blushing, and his face was completely red from embarrassment and nervousness.

 

“What??”

 

“I SAID, COULD YOU BE MY GIRLFRIEND?” Onew yelled.

 

“hahahahaha I heard you the first time, pabo!” Taeyeon laughed once more, as the mischievous look on her face surfaced. “And yea of course!!! OPPA SARANGHAEYO!” She put her arms over her head, making a heart shape.

 

Onew smiled at her cuteness, and hugged her. You’re the best girl anyone could ever have, Taeyeon. He thought.

 

"Taeyeon ah, I promise, I will never ever let you get hurt. I will never ever leave your side, you can always depend on me, okay!" 

 

“Onew oppa…”

 

“yes..” His words were stopped as he felt Taeyeon’s lips on his.

 

“HEHE oppa, I stole your first kiss!” Taeyeon giggled, her dorkiness emerging.

 

Onew just blushed again, and lightly shoved her. “Some things never change, even when you grow up. Tsk!”

 

 

 

*Back to present*

 

Taeyeon wiped away her tears, as she tried to force a smile on her face. I only see you, oppa. I don’t believe our love did not mean anything to you. I know that you’ll come back for me, I am very sure you will. Don’t forsake me Onew oppa, don’t leave me alone. Saranghaeyo. I will only love you, and no one else.

 

She walked towards her house and into her room, pretending that she was okay so as npt to worry her mother unnecessarily.

 

“I already miss you, Onew oppa. I want to be in your embrace, like when you first confessed to me. I want to feel the warmth as you hug me, the fireworks as you first kissed me. I feel like a child, so foolish and innocent, deeply in love with you. Onew oppa, please come back for me.” Taeyeon whispered, as she hugged her pea pod pillow (a gift from Onew for their first anniversary ) and silently cried herself to sleep.