cinco

The Red Candle

 

 
It's all about survival, Sehun realizes.
 
In this kingdom called Sorania where the sun never disappears off the horizon and dragons never stop flapping their wings, a snap of a finger is all it takes to lose one's sanity.
 
Sehun has been recovering from burnt marks on his arm where one of the king's lovers 'accidentally' pours hot boiling water on his skin. Kris was less than delighted when he confined Sehun to his room at all times so as to avoid the imminent dangers in the castle. 
 
Sehun wakes up abruptly, beads of sweat adorning his forehead. He was dreaming about that boy again, the one from the arena. The image of blood gushing out of the boy's arm haunts Sehun, and the look in his eyes before he died is making Sehun more guilty than ever. Sehun thinks they have met before. They must have, because Sehun swears he has seen those martial arts moves more than once. But what occasion, Sehun has been raking his mind but there is no answer.
 
His skin feels itchy. The abused skin peels itself off his body, creating a white, thin layer of dead cells that doesn't look all too attractive to the King's eyes. It hurt to move a muscle. It hurt to lift a finger or hold a spoon of tasteless soup to his lips. It hurt to even look at his ownbody. Ugly. Dirty. Not worth a single dime.
 
"You look like a snake changing its skin." A low chuckle rings through empty space. Sehun looks up and smiles at the familiar figure with puffs of black smoke still encasing his legs. 
 
"That is so not funny, Kai." Sehun hits on Kai's shoulder, pushing the older male away as he advances on him with quickened pace. Something tells Sehun that the thoughts running through Kai's head is nowhere near innocent.
 
"Actually, I kind of think you look y, scales and all." 
 
"Yah! Stop that!" Sehun squeals as Kai lunges forward and tickles him. They are entangled in a mess of blankets and limbs and when Sehun looks up into those big brown orbs filled with adoration, the young prince feels like all of his breath is knocked out of his lungs.
 
What is this feeling? Kai's smile sends him into cloud nine, washing away the pains and sorrows and loneliness. It only takes Kai's lips to hover up the younger's clothed abdomen for any sort of alarming bells to go off. Sehun violently pushes Kai away, his knee ramming into Kai's crotch in the process.
 
"Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry, are you alright?" Sehun almost chokes as Kai winces in pain. 
 
"Thanks to you, I will be infertile by the time I get thirty." Kai says, mischief gleaming in his eyes. 
 
"I-I just don't want you to die for me." Sehun's face fell. It's a fate he has to endure. It's a life he has to live. Loving someone like Kai is a crime, a dangerous one at that, because the moment Kris knows, both of them will lose their lives. 
 
"Sehun-ah, " Kai starts, his face stern and serious unlike anything Sehun has ever seen in the older man, "You don't have to worry. I will protect you."
 
Sehun leans into the arms of his company, melting into the warmth. No, Kai is more than company. Kai is his place of comfort. Kai is the reason he can still live throughthe dark days. Kai is his vitamin, his source of power. His everything.
 
"You should leave. Someone is coming," Sehun whispers as the sound of footsteps echoes through the hall. Kai winces, but disappears after a puff of black smoke anyway. Sehun whimpers at the loss of Kai's presence, sinking further into his blanket for comfort. 
 
The door opens slowly, revealing Luhan in his golden traditional cheongsam, complete with embroidery of dragons and cherry blossoms. Sehun rids of all emotions on his face, silently praying that the other would go away after not seeing anything of much interest. The other, however, looks less than thrilled to see Sehun lying around in bed.
 
 
"You're pushing your luck, fool! Just because the King has a little interest in you doesn't mean you can go sleeping around all you want." Luhan spat, venom seeping from his words. And Sehun wonders, if Luhan really knows his relationship with Kai but not planning on telling the King. Will he use that to blackmail Sehun? Will he do thhat to win the King's interest? Either way, the odds are definitely not in Sehun's favor. 
 
" I don't know what you are talking about," Sehun lowers his head.
 
"You are nothing! You are filth. Trash. Even your own people don't want to keep you. That's why you are here, pleasuring the King like a cheap at some brothel down in the slumps. Just a reminder. Don't be so full of yourselves because death will be at your footsteps." 
 
When the door closes with a thud and Luhan's small frame can no longer be seen, Sehun retreats back to the comforts of his blanket, sobbing away the pains in his chest. It gets harder to breathe as those harsh words sink in. 
 
His throat burns with acid and half-digested meal from last night as Sehun slumps over the edge of the bed and empties the contents of his stomach.
 
---
 
"People are after you, Sehuna. Be careful."
 
"But...why?"
 
"You're an outsider. You're the enemy. They are not satisfied."
 
"I understand. You should too. I think Luhan is up to something."
 
"Shhhh. Don't say it out loud. He might hear you. Or as matter of fact, don't even think that!"
 
---
 
"Saphira's thoat gets itchy once in a while. Sorry about that. Are you alright?" 
 
When a strange man towers over him and reaches out a hand, Sehun doesn't know why but he accepts it unconditionally.
 
He was running through the maze at the back of the castle when an enormous creature, too frail to be a dragon but too big to be a bird, chases him with hungry eyes. The monster huffs out breaths of raging fire, scorching yards of fresh, lush grass and Sehun feels like that time in the castle with the boiling hot water again. It's the heat that kills Vetanians like him because his kind is known to have low endurance for high heat. 
 
And then he tripped on a trunk of a willow tree, falling down while scraping his knees. The monster was inches from his face, smoke leaking out of its huge nostrils. then, it retreated, revealing a tall man in dark robe and startling red hair. And there Sehun was, on the ground with the stranger looking at him with predator eyes. 
 
"I'm fine." Sehun jerks his hand away as the stranger's hand burns his skin. When Sehun turns his heel to head back to the castle, the stranger grabs his wrist, sending waves of heat through his arm. 
 
"It's okay. I'm Chanyeol, Kris' cousin. I mean no harm." The stranger lets out a meaningful laugh, his eyes beaming with something Sehun couldn't quite put his finger on. Quite creepy, one might say. 
 
"This is Saphira. He thinks you smell good." He goes on to say, and then breaks out into a fit out laughter. Sehun doesn't understand why that is funny, so he turns around to leave, not saying a word. 
 
Chanyeol doesn't leave him alone for the rest of the day. Sehun doesn't mind because it gets lonely when Kai is out in the garden t trees, but something tells him to keep his guard up. 
 
---
 
"Omigosh omigosh omigosh!" Sehun winces as Yixing lets out a womanly squeal that hurts his ears. 
 
They're in The King's chambers again, with Yixing, as a good royal doctor that he is, checking Sehun's pulse for signs. This time, instead of the peaceful silence between the two, now there is a curious redhead named Chanyeol whose smile widens at the littlest things. Yixing doesn't care about Chanyeol and chooses to focus on the good news that Sehun's pulse shows.
 
"This is amazing! Congratulations! The King would be sooooo happy when he hears. Let's celebrate! No, let make all of the people in Sorania celebrate! We'll have the biggest feast in Sorania's history! Omigosh omigosh omigosh!..."
 
"Wait a second,Yixing," Sehun shakes the other boy's shoulder as to calm him down, "What the hell is going on? Tell me!"
 
"Yeah, tell him!" Chanyeol beams, mischief showing in his eyes. 
 
Sehun can't register what happens next because everything is just a blur when Yixing's few words sink in. 
 
"For the most part, you're pregnant!"
 
 
---
 
 
A/N: okay.......awkward........
i know i said this is gonna be a three-shot but i guess it went way over my head *sobs* i guess it will take probably three more chapters to sort everything out. sigh. 
thank you guys for being so supportive. i love all of you for taking the time to read and comment. *hugs and kisses on your forehead* sehuna loves you. 
 
on a side note, im starting a new fic, its a time-travelling fic and its *drumrolls* tao/sehun ! dunno if its gonna be a oneshot or twoshot, but if you are interested i will post it because yeah taohun is another irregular pairing *damn my everyonexsehun feels* if not then i will just stick to kaihun *raging kaihun feels*
 
http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/293432/hourglass-angst-supernatural-exo-tao-sehun-taohun
 
well, have a nice day/night everyone! im off to bed~