cuatro

The Red Candle

 

Kai takes Sehun's face in his hands, the touch sends a tingling feeling all over his body. Sehun begins to feel a little hot as Kai leans in. A blush creeps up his cheeks as Kai's soft lips brush his own. Before he even registers what is going on, Kai pulls away. Disappointed at e other's actions, Sehun feels like his heart has stopped beating. They start walking again when a particular woman caught Sehun's attention.
 
Sehun looks at the woman at the jewelry stand, tears stinging his eyes. How did it come to this? How did everything slip through their fingers like a matter of seconds? Royalty runs through the woman's blood, yet she is reduced to being a low-life peasant barely making ends meet.
 
"Omma..." He takes him the wrinkles on her forehead that were not there in his memories of her. His eyes traces the hardships evident in her eyes, her darkened skin and her dirty clothes. She is no longer the queen everyone look up to. Rid of status, wealth and nobility, she is just a mere merchant trying to get through.
 
She doesn't seem to recognize him, the son she tried to protect on that fateful day but failed miserably. The son she gave all her blessing to, wishing that he wouldn't be as beautiful as her when he grows up. Beauty is a sin. Beauty is sorrow. But reality had a way of playing tricks on the good-willed. 
 
Sehun wipes his tears, turning on his heel to leave. There is no reason to stay if this is no longer his home. There is nothing holding him back, if everything is taken away, destroyed. Reality is so harsh, it hurts to stay but it kills him more not to leave. 
 
"Come on, Sehun. Let's go." Kai half-drags Sehun through the marketplace, ignoring wary looks from curious onlookers. 
 
And it was the last time Sehun thinks about home.
 
---
 
"There is something strange about your pulse, Sehun. Are you feeling okay?"
 
"I'm fine. Just a headache, is all."
 
"Any nauseous feelings lately? Cramps? Abnormal cravings for certain foods?"
 
"...I know what you're thinking, Yixing. But no, that's not going to happen."
 
--
 
When Sehun's eyes flutter open on a beautiful Sunday morning, a smile creeps up his face at the sight of a red rose sitting on the pillow next to him. 
 
Kai...
 
Ever since the incident at the marketplace, Sehun has never stopped thinking about the tanned man and his touch. Kai is a man full of mysteries. The way he speaks, the way his eyes shine in the sunlight, gleaming with everlasting truth. Sehun knows it is wrong, that he should turn to nobody but the King, but he can't help being enticed by Kai.
 
Who he is, really? Even if Soranians have special powers that are not human, only aristocrats and noblemen are allowed to use them. Sehun figures that Kris can fly, and he definitely can summon and control dragons. Luhan can penetrate other people's minds and move things telepathically, so there is no escaping him. But Kai...he can teleport from one place to another in a matter of seconds... so he is definitely not a peasant, let alone a mere gardener cutting grass and tending roses. 
 
Suddenly Sehun feels butterflies in his stomach. There is definitely something wrong with him. First it feels like there is a void, like there is a lost memory he tries hard but cannot remember. And then there's this tingling feeling every time the image of Kai pops into his head.It must be e altitude. He prefers to live on the ground, instead of way up in the sky like this.
 
Click.
 
Sehun snaps out of his reverie when a figure he knows so well enters the room. Dread soon pools in his stomach as Kris scoots closer,  sad smile plastering on his face. Sehun hates himself for not doing anything to save what is left of his dignity. He can't even protect himself. He is weak and worthless, as Luhan always says to his head when Kris is not around. 
 
Weak...
 
Worthless...
 
Filthy, filthy, filthy,....
 
"Sehuna...would you like to take a walk with me?" He starts off, wearing the most gentle expression Sehun has ever seen from him. Surprised by the sudden request, Sehun sits up, staring wide-eyed at the man even though he knows he can't refuse. Sehun stands up with difficulty, last night's activities still leaving him sore and stiff all over. Silently he prays that he can make it into his attires without falling to his knees.
 
With much help from the servant girls, Luna and Sulli, Sehun is able to change into a baby blue hanbok, ignoring the man's adoring gaze. 
 
They walk in silence. Early autumn breeze passes by, bringing the smell of nostalgia and ripe apples, not so cold but not too hot. Sehun can almost taste the savory kimchi jjigae that his mother has the chef make every autumn night when it becomes chilly outside.
 
 
 
"You are very beautiful. I have never met anyone that makes my heart beat in all the wrong directions like this." Kris suddenly says, breaking the awkward silence. A part of Sehun boils up in something he can't quite put his finger on. Is that rage? Is that fear? Or maybe something in between?
 
"I know you hate me, Sehun. And you're probably never going to forgive me, but...I just want you to know, that whatever it is that I did wrong, it is only for my kingdom." Kris puts his hands on Sehun's shoulder, turning the petite body around to face him. His eyes gleam with not lust but adoration, something Sehun has never seen. 
 
"D-Don't. Just don't. Don't say something you would regret later on." 
 
"Please, Sehun, listen to me...I am sorry for causing all this pain for you. You're just so...so irresistible. I can't...I can't control myself, when you are around...I'm sorry. I don't hope for your forgiveness because I don't deserve it. But I just wish that you would look at me. Please..."
 
"...I love you." Kris whispers, and that dejà vu feeling hits him again when the other leans in, hands holding his face in place. What happens next is a blur because Sun swears he can't hear himself think over the dramatic beating of his heart.
 
Then Sehun turns his face away. The kiss lands on Sehun's left cheek. And when Kris pulls away, disappointed, Sehun can see the sadness evident in the other's eyes. He almost gives in and feels sympathetic for the King, but then composes himself and recovers from the feeling.
 
He's the enemy. He's the pains you have to suffer, Sehun. He's the reason you can't live like a human being...
 
Sehun excuses himself and retreats back to his room. A single tear unconsciously slips from his eyelids, smearing his eye makeup in the process. Clutching his chest where his heart throbs, Sehun replays the King's words in his mind while tears continue to fall. A part of him says that nothing else matters right now, but he can't help feeling broken.
---
 
"We seem to be having a little problem. It's the King's new pet."
 
"We wouldn't want that standing in our way, would we?"
 
"Yes...that is true."
 
"Then get rid of it."
 
---
 
 
A/N: guys! guys! my computer has just broken down... and typing on cellphone is so freaking killing my muse. *sobs* 
 
anyways, THANK YOU GUYS. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR SUPPORTING THIS FIC. I NEVER KNOW THAT KRISHUN WOULD HAVE SO MANY SHIPPERS YAY. (or I could be the only everyonexSehun shipper out there *sobs)
 
at first i wasnt gonna make sehun preggy but then almost everyone wants mpreg so...
 
my skin is so bad lately, cold weather and all. gotta go put a face mask on so, see you next time ^o^