Run !

Ever After

 

Evie and Aida were having little adventures of their own.

“Good evening Evie, you look wonderful tonight,” the owner of the voice said as he leaned in for a brief hug.

“Introduce me to your friend?” he whispered in Evie‘s ear before pulling away. She simply smiled and obliged.

“Sungmin, this is Aida. She‘s Iseul‘s foster-sister. Aida, this is Sungmin, he‘s the head of Kyuhyun‘s personal guard. You two should talk, I‘m gonna go say hi to their majesties, have fun, bye!” She said and darted off.

“Um, hi, nice to meet you,” Aida awkwardly said. Sungmin was still giggling a a little because of Evie‘s hurried escape.

“You too. That woman is in way too much of a hurry for her own good. You know, I often wonder if she‘s even related to the family at all!” He exclaimed, making Aida laugh.

“Yes, she tends to... run around a lot.” Aida giggled. They made fun of Evie for a couple of minutes longer and then Sungmin dragged Aida to the dance floor, where they glided along in a waltz.

After Evie left Sungmin and Aida she headed towards their Majesties and Kyuhyun‘s older brothers.

“There you are, you look stunning tonight cousin,” Leeteuk said as he gave Evie a light hug.

“Yes, very beautiful indeed,” King Heejun agreed. Queen Hyunae looked around curiously.

“Where are your two friends?” she asked.

“You mean Iseul and Aida? Well, Iseul is somewhere around here, last time I saw her she was dancing with someone and Kyuhyun was going to steal her away,” the Queen raised an eyebrow in a silent question, “and Aida is talking with a very interested Sungmin,” Evie answered enthusiastically, making Heechul and some other guy- hey, that was the guy she saw while walking down the stairs! Oh boy...

“Kyuhyun was going to steal your friend away from her dance partner?” the Queen asked, “why I thought I‘d raised him to be more polite...” she joked.

“well, you know, when Cupid‘s at work he‘s not always very patient with his subjects,” Evie retorted, grinning widely. Everyone laughed at that. The man standing beside Heechul coughed a little bit and the Queen almost jumped with realization.

“Oh goodness gracious, we completely forgot! Evie dear, this is Crown Prince Kangin of the Rea Kingdom, Your Highness this is our dear niece Lady Evie.” The Queen smiled as Kangin slightly bowed and Evie bobbed a curtsy, a faint blush gracing her cheeks.

“Might I have this dance my lady?” Kangin asked with an outstretched hand. Evie placed hers in his and he lead her to the dance floor. The dance began and Evie inwardly blushed as she realized that Kangin held her a tad closer than was deemed appropriate.

 

***

 

Siwon trudged through the thick trees in the palace courtyard. He slowed down when he saw someone by a small clearing. He grabbed his companion, Hankyung, to alert him so they wouldn‘t be seen. Suddenly he realized who the two people in the clearing were. Jealousy s through him and he tightened his hold on Hankyung‘s arm.

“What's wrong?” Hankyung whispered, concern shining in his eyes.

“You know we can easily avoid being seen,” he continued. Siwon was fiercely glaring at the couple crushed agains that huge tree ahead.

“It's her... Kissing.Another.Guy.” Siwon hissed through clenched teeth. He began walking towards the clearing, leaving Hankyung behind. If Siwon would have turned around and looked at him, he would've met sad eyes.

'I'm right here, why can't you ever notice that?' Hankyung thought to himself before putting on a brave face and jogging to catch up with Siwon.

“YA! Get the hell away from her! She's MINE!” Siwon yelled at the man now staring into Iseul's eyes.

 

***

 

Kyuhyun pulled away from Iseul and stared into her eyes, completely mesmerized by her. Someone yelled and he and Iseul both snapped their heads in the direction of the voice. As the owner walked into the moonlight Iseul tensed up.

“You again!” She hissed in fury. “You don't own me! Never in a million years would I ever be yours!”

Kyuhyun had one arm securely around Iseul's waist and the other ready to fight.

“You think you can take me?” Siwon sneered at Kyuhyun, completely ignoring Iseul's remarks. Kyuhyun didn't answer, he only glared.

Iseul grabbed Kyuhyun's shirt when another man joined Siwon. She was sure Kyuhyun could fight, but she wasn't so sure that he could handle two men at once. She didn't have time to finish that thought before Siwon and his accomplice charged at Kyuhyun and he pushed her up against the tree.

“Run!” he hissed at her, but she didn't make it any further than to the other side of the tree.