Marry Me

Ever After

 

“There you are,” a familiar voice spoke behind her. Her head snapped up and her lips stretched into a wide smile.

            “Kyuhyun! What are you doing here?” She asked, sounding pleasantly surprised, as she stood up to embrace him in a hug. They were friends after all, so a hug was allowed. She thought.

            “I came to ask you something,” Kyuhyun whispered into her hair before continuing, “Will you marry me?”

            “W-what?” Iseul gasped, leaning backwards to stare at his face.

            “Will you marry me?” Kyuhyun repeated with an even bigger grin than he’d ever had in her memory.

            “I-dou-uh-“ she babbled.

            “As unconventional as I may be in certain areas, I do know better than to ask a girl to marry me before getting her parents permission you know.”

            Iseul merely laughed, tears forming in her eyes, as she nodded as ferociously as she could manage without getting a concussion before kissing Kyuhyun passionately. She took Kyuhyun by surprise, since he’d been the one that had always had to kiss her, but he was liking this turn of events. Especially since they had a lifetime to kiss each other ahead of them.

***

At the same time Heechul was talking to his parents in another kingdom.

            “Mum, dad, could Hankyung-ssi be released from prison?” Heechul asked sheepishly, an ungraceful snort coming from Leeteuk at his words.

            “Excuse us, who?” their Majesties replied, apparently racking their brains for some recollection of this Hankyung.

            “He’s talking about HanGENG, one of the bandits that attacked the palace during the autumn ball.” Leeteuk explained, ever so calmly.

            “His name is HanKYUNG, just because he‘s a foreigner doesn‘t mean we can‘t give him a name from our country…” Heechul grumbled at Leeteuk.

            “Oh dear, he’s committed a crime, I’m afraid we can’t let him off the hook so easily,” the Queen said to her younger son.

            “But mum, he only did it because Siwon wanted to and he was in love with him so he wanted Siwon to notice him or at least show him some attention or whatever so-“ he was cut off by Leeteuk’s hand over his mouth.

            “What he’s trying to say is that HanGENG is a good man and does not have an evil nature. Besides, he’s obviously a huge fail of a bandit and Heechul’s madly in love with him.” Leeteuk explained for him.

            “Wait, what did you say? Heechul’s in love with a man?”

            “Yep, your son is gay. And flaming at that if I may add. He’s always liked women’s attire a little too much for comfort.” Leeteuk answered his parents, a wide grin on his face.

            “Oh, well, that certainly changes things, doesn’t it? Um, I guess we could question the bandits we did manage to capture and see what we can do.” Heechul smiled at that and gave his parents big hugs.

***

A few days later

Kyuhyun and Iseul were back in Kyuhyun’s kingdom starting to prepare for a Royal wedding. Evie and Kangin had tagged along, although they spent most of their time in bed or taking long walks around the courtyard. Iseul enlisted the help of her fostersister, Aida, for the preparations instead since Evie couldn’t be bothered. The two were discussing the look of the wedding dress and the dresses for the bridesmaids when the door burst open and in stormed a huffing and puffing Kyuhyun behind a very excited and happy Sungmin.

            “You just- couldn’t wait or- or slow down a little- could you?” Kyuhyun panted. Sungmin didn’t even listen but darted over to Aida and dragged her to her feet from her seat on the chair beside Iseul, just to embrace her in a tight hug and shower her with kisses. Iseul laughed at the sight, Aida looked like she might just drown, Sungmin didn’t even seem to care and Kyuhyun’s face was turning blue. She stood up and dragged Kyuhyun over to the nearest seat and tried to make his breathing calm down with some yoga breathing exercises. It didn’t do much, except he wasn’t blue anymore.

            “I. Missed. You.” Sungmin mumbled in between kisses.

            “You saw me two days ago,” Aida laughed.

            “That was two days ago…” he pouted. Kyuhyun snorted ungracefully at his friend as he pulled Iseul down to sit on top of him.

            “Aida, he needs to marry you. He’s driving me crazy! All he talks about is how much he misses you and wants to see you, his job performance is getting worse because of it.” Kyuhyun teased, Sungmin glaring at him.

            “Oh does he now. You’re a bad boy Sungmin-ah.” Aida joined in the teasing, making Sungmin stick out his lower lip and widen his eyes in a puppy dog pout.    

            “Sungmin, please don’t pout, it’s irresistible!” Aida poked his shoulder, mumbling the words.

            “Okay.” He smiled at her, wrapping his arms more tightly around her middle.

            “Now leave us alone, we need to finish what we were doing.” Iseul said sternly, getting up off Kyuhyun and pulling him to his feet.

            “What were you doing?” He asked curiously as he let her push him a little towards the door.

            “Oh nothing that you need to think about,” she nonchalantly replied and kept pushing him out the door. Thankfully she didn’t manage to push him very far, because in the next moment the door flew open to reveal Heechul jumping with joy, Hangeng following behind with an apologetic look on his face and a rather irritated Siwon.

            “YOU! HOW’D YOU GET OUT OF THE DUNGEONS? AND WHY IS HE WITH YOU?!” Kyuhyun bellowed at Siwon and then Heechul, wrapping his arms protectively around Iseul, Sungmin coming to stand beside him and keeping Aida protectively behind himself.