On Stranger Tides (Yes, I just saw Pirates 4)

Ever After

 

            “I’m sorry,” Hangeng mumbled to a fuming Heechul.

            “What do you mean? How can you be in love with that bastard? He’s not nice to you!” Heechul raged, he was certainly not happy. He was, after all, a much better guy than that Siwon, whom treated Hangeng like dirt.

            “I can’t help it…” Hangeng whispered, his face so sad it almost made Heechul want to cry. Almost.

            “Leave him alone. And I can hear you, you know,” Siwon sounded irritated.

            “I never allowed you to speak! Who are you to tell me what to do and what not to do?” Heechul spat back, before stomping off and leaving the two men behind. He came back about 5 minutes later, with a guard in tow. The guard opened Hangeng’s cell, Heechul stomped inside and dragged the younger male behind him and out of the dungeons, Siwon watching them with a gloomy face. He was, to say the least, quite surprised when the guard turned towards Siwon’s cell and smiled, opened it and entered. It was Yesung, Siwon’s childhood friend.

***

Heechul dragged Hangeng all the way up to his chambers, kicked Leeteuk and Kyuhyun out and pinned the man up against his door. He stared into the younger man’s eyes, which were wide with surprise and intrigue. Heechul bit his lip, but didn’t move. He seemed to be giving Hangeng the power to decide what would happen next between them. Hangeng stared into Heechul’s eyes, mesmerizing the older man, his lips and crashed them against Heechul’s. Heechul was surprised, but very happy about this turn of events. It took them a while, in between falling over furniture and crashing into things, but they finally made it to Heechul’s bed. They had quite a bit of fun in there and Heechul was AWOL at dinner that day and breakfast the following one too. The King and Queen simply could not understand what was so funny that it made Kyuhyun and Leeteuk have laughing fits whenever their eyes met. The two princes also could not stop grinning, making everyone who saw them a little bit confused. It wasn’t often that they grinned like the Cheshire cat.

***

Kyuhyun stormed out of his parents’ study, he’d never been so furious or disappointed and hurt in his entire life. They said no? He couldn’t marry Iseul? What were they even thinking! He was sure they hadn’t even thought about asking Iseul whether she wanted to marry him or not. Kyuhyun didn’t realize where he was going until he’d already saddled his own horse and was tugging on the reins to steer the horse out the palace gates.

            “What am I doing?” he mumbled to himself, just before his horse was galloping in the direction of Rea.

***

“Sir, SIR! You can’t go in here!” a guard yelled at Kyuhyun as he galloped through the gates of the palace, not even glancing at the man or slowing down. He jumped off the horse when he was nearing the palace itself, not even bothering to tie it to a post or something. The horse was pretty damn smart too, so he wasn’t in the least worried about the horse trying to canter off.

Kyuhyun ran inside the palace, asking the first person he passed where their majesties chambers were. He immediately aimed in the general direction the person had pointed (they’d been too shocked to say anything), but before long he almost crashed into his cousin, Evie.

“Cho Kyuhyun, what are you doing here?” Evie asked with a smile as she hugged the man, “and why were you running?” she pondered with a frown.

“I, uh, I was going to meet their Majesties, they said no to me! Can you believe it?!” Kyuhyun managed as he huffed and puffed, trying to get his breathing under control.

“Wait, what? They said no to your visiting them so you decided to just barge in there and confront them or something else?”

“No,” Kyuhyun answered as he dragged Evie into the nearest hole in the wall, “I asked them for permission to marry Iseul,” he finished in a whisper, if she was somewhere around here she would definitely not hear him.

“WhaaaaaaaT?” Evie gasped, a huge smile on her face that disappeared almost as soon as it appeared, she seemed to have understood to denial he had received from their Majesties. Evie furrowed her brow, came to a conclusion, grabbed Kyuhyun’s wrist and dragged him behind her.

“KANGIN!” Evie bellowed as she pushed open the door to his study. His head snapped up in confusion, he had never heard her speak like that, her tone of voice seemed so… so angry… “Y-yes?” He stammered, he was kind of afraid of his wife at that moment.

“Your parents are imbeciles.” Evie stated bluntly. She didn’t even try to sugarcoat her opinion. Kyuhyun stumbled in behind her, his eyes as wide as saucers; he’d actually never seen her in such a mood either. He shared a look of utter confusion and horror with Kangin.

“E-excuse me? Imbeciles? What on earth did they do to you?” Kangin asked, he simply could not find a reason for her anger.

“Yes, Imbeciles, with a capital I,” she huffed,” they won’t let Kyuhyun marry Iseul!” The two men could almost see the smoke come out of her ears.

“O-okay,” Kangin answered the stupidest answer he could’ve come up with. Evie seemed to get even angrier at it, so he hurried to add, “I guess I could talk to them..”

“Good.” Evie stated simply, hands on her hips and she continued to stare at Kangin. He didn’t get the hint. “Now please,” she ordered and Kangin stumbled out of his chair and hurried to the door, Evie trailing behind and dragging Kyuhyun.

“Mum? Dad?” Kangin called as he opened the door to their study. They both looked up from their desks. “Yes, come in darling, what is it?”

“Um, I-I think you should let Kyuhyun ask Iseul to marry him…” he mumbled. Evie rolled her eyes and pushed him in the room, following closely behind with Kyuhyun still in tow.

“Your Majesties, to put it gently, what the hell were you thinking saying no?” Evie fumed with Kangin scrambling to clap his hand over and Kyuhyun just standing there awkwardly.

            Their Majesties merely shared a confused look as Kangin managed to drag Evie in to the hall in order to calm her down somewhat, turning their gazes to the very red-faced Kyuhyun as the door closed.

            “Uh, sorry about that, she get’s… mad sometimes.” Kyuhyun mumbled, his gaze locked on his toes.           

            “Oh don’t worry about it, we’re sure she had her reasons. Could you tell us what is going on though?” the Queen asked, one eyebrow quirked.

            “Oh, y-yes, uh, I wanted to come and ask for Iseul’s hand in marriage again. You see, I think you should say yes-“ Kyuhyun looked up in surprise as he was cut off by the King and Queen’s laughter.

            “Yes, I’m starting to think so too,” the King said with a smile, “you see, Iseul inquired about her potential future marriage yesterday, and mentioned your name. We think she was trying to be inconspicuous but she’s a little too obvious sometimes. Maybe it’s the blond hair…” the King concluded with a snicker.

            “Oh,” was all Kyuhyun managed. Suddenly the door burst open and Evie stormed back in the room, seriously angry this time, Kangin following her looking all disheveled and red-faced.

            “Sorry, couldn’t stop her, she’s a feisty little thing when she wants to be,” Kangin mumbled as he tried to re-capture his wife. Evie was about to make some noise when she noticed their Majesties laughing at her and Kyuhyun grinning one of the widest smiles she’d ever seen him wear. The scene effectively shut her up.

            “Where is she right now?” Kyuhun asked, referring to Iseul’s whereabouts.

            “In the library,” was all he heard as he was already halfway out the door.