The End

Ever After

Heechul smirked and danced to Kyuhyun’s side, putting his arm on his shoulder.    “See, I want Hankyung and Hankyung wants Siwon. So, I kind of needed to get Siwon out of the dungeons to get Hankyung out of there and, luckily, one of the dungeon guards had no problem following Siwon around all the time.” Heechul explained, pointing to the door as a man walked through, “everyone, this is Yesung.”
     “Hello, now please remove that man from my sight!” Kyuhyun hissed through clenched teeth. Yesung didn’t quite know how to react, so he just looked at his feet awkwardly.
     “Don't be rude Kyuhyun, besides, it’s not like your beloved fiancée can be harmed with all of us around.” Heechul stated and smirked again. Kyuhyun scoffed and mumbled something under his breath.
     “Siwon also has something to say,” Heechul stated with an evil grin. Siwon shot him a glare.
     “Sorry about everything. It won’t happen again.” He mumbled so quietly that no one heard what he’d just said, other then Yesung and Hangeng who stood beside him.
     “What did he say?” Aida whispered to Sungmin, who merely shrugged. Heechul sighed and shook his head.
     “Try again.”
     “Sorry about everything, it won't happen again.” Siwon said a little louder, his hands balled into fists at his sides.
     “Louder.” Heechul commanded.
     “Sorry. ‘Bout. Everything. Won’t. Happen. Again.” He repeated irritably, emphasizing every word so as not to have to repeat anything.
     “I think he needs some anger management...” Sungmin mumbled to Aida, making her chuckle. Kyuhyun glared at the two and then at Heechul.
     “You keep him under control and I won’t kill you.” He threatened, making Heechul laugh.
     “Whatever you say little brother,” he answered before dancing out the door, grabbing Hangeng’s hand in the process and dragging him out behind him. Siwon and Yesung left as well.
     “Well this is just great!” Kyuhyun exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air before taking a seat and burying his head in his hands. Iseul merely chuckled.
     “I see no need for theatrics honey,” she teased, trying to lighten her fiancés mood. Kyuhyun glared at her through his fingers.
     “I mean, Hangeng seems to be in good hands, Siwon is under surveillance and we’re together. Everyone is happy!” She said with a smile, emphasizing her words by throwing her hands in the air.
     “I’m glad you see something good in this situation, although I do not understand your logic.” Kyuhyun replied sarcastically.
     “I do not believe Siwon will be any trouble, Yesung is a very attentive guard. Looks like he has a crush on him too.” Sungmin added to the conversation. Kyuhyun slowly raised his head and looked at Sungmin with a puzzled look on his face.
     “A crush? W-what? Why is everyone turning gay around here all of a sudden?” He said, honest bewilderment evident in his voice. Sungmin, Iseul and Aida all laughed at Kyuhyun’s honest face.
     “What?” Kyuhyun asked, not quite understanding the humour behind his thoughts. Iseul merely massaged his shoulders with a smile on her face and shook her head while Sungmin tried to contain his laughter, without any success. He actually looked quite ridiculous. Aida sat down and tried to hide her face behind the papers she and Iseul had been looking at earlier. After a while Kyuhyun sighed and stood, told Iseul that he was off to fetch a book and look at some stuff and left with Sungmin in tow.
     “Well this was interesting,” Iseul said to Aida with a chuckle.
     “It most certainly was,” was her reply before the two got back to work on the wedding dress discussion.

***

Soon enough it was obvious to even the most oblivious people in the palace that Yesung did indeed have a crush on Siwon. The two often looked a lot more like a couple than guard and prisoner. Iseul was oddly happy for the man who tried to kidnap her, much to Kyuhyun’s dismay. She even wanted to invite the two to their wedding! Kyuhyun didn’t like it, but he apparently had no say in the matter whatsoever. The wedding day was upon them in no time and they suddenly found themselves getting ready to say I do. 

 

Iseul couldn’t decide whether she should sit or stand. Aida was trying her best to calm her down while Evie went on and on about the proceedings of the ceremony, seemingly not noticing how nervous Iseul was becoming.
    “Oh my god, oh my god, I don’t know if I can do this,” Iseul mumbled under her breath.
    “Yes you can, you’re a princess, you were born to do this,” Aida encouraged with her hands on Iseul’s shoulders.
    “But I wasn’t raised to do this, I mean, what if I fall, or don’t say the right words, or something worse. I’d embarrass not only myself, but Kyuhyun, his parents and kingdom as well as my own! I’m not ready for this Aida,” Iseul tried to reason with her adoptive sister. Evie finally seemed to have caught on to what was going on and did her best to calm Iseul down.
    “Oh honey, it’s going to be all right, the worst that can happen is that the whole kingdom will have a good laugh. They’ll forget the whole thing by the next royal scandal.”
    “Evie, not helping!” Aida hissed at the woman, for Iseul had gone completely white in the face and seemed like she would faint any minute.
    “Iseul, all you need to do is look in Kyuhyun’s eyes and everything will be fine! You do want to marry him don’t you?” Aida said soothingly.
    “Of course I do! I just don’t understand why we need to have so many people there. I mean, well over 600 guests is a little extravagant don’t you think?”
     “Just take a couple of deep breaths and calm down. You’ll be fine.” Aida continued. Iseul complied and just as soon as she finished the band began playing, signifying that the ceremony was beginning.
     “That’s our cue.” Aida said and gave Iseul a gentle push towards the door. They took their places along with Evie and a few other bridesmaids and the doors opened. 

 

Kyuhyun looked at his wife standing in the doorway. She looked quite a bit frightened and he wondered why. As soon as her eyes met his she visibly calmed down though. She took a step towards him and gave him a tiny smile through her veil. He finally looked at the rest of her and was completely blown away by how beautiful his bride-to-be looked. Her gown was a perfect fit and she looked every bit as royal as she was in it. She neared his side at the altar slowly but surely and finally stood right next to him. He took her hand and stared into her eyes. The preacher began speaking but he couldn’t hear a word of what he said, he was lost in his bride’s eyes. He was so lost, in fact, that he completely missed his cue to say his vows. The preacher coughed and Iseul pinched his hand, hard. He blushed as Iseul chuckled and then made it through his vows. Iseul said hers and they finally got to say ‘I do’ to each other. He got permission to kiss the bride and he finally felt like his life was complete. Everyone clapped as they kissed and kept clapping as they turned around and exited the church, hand in hand.