The curse

Curse of the phoenix

 

“We have no time, you have to hide her.”

 

“No, you have to leave with her. Run, now!-“

 

 

BANG BANG BANG

 

 

“OPEN THE DOOR, OR WE WILL BREAK IT DOWN” a sudden voice from the other side of the door boomed

 

“we have no time!”

 

“You must run, please, they will kill y-“

 

“WE HAVE NO TIME!”

 

And with that, the woman kissed her husband their last goodbye. Her lips lingered on his even after she pulled away, grabbing the sleeping baby from his hands and placing her carefully into the crate of potatoes, hiding the baby from what would bring the death of her beautiful mother.

 

“I love you Lia.” The woman whispered, “I will make sure that you are always safe. This will be my last present to you.” She said, sealing the charm with a kiss to the baby’s forehead.

 

Moments later, the door was broken down. Four, five, six, large men entered the tiny shack, pulling the woman who was still weak from labour out the door.

 

“LET HER GO!” her husband boomed, trying to grab his crying wife from the prying hands of the palace guards. Yet, the 7 foot, iron cladded men towered over the poet, grabbing his hands as they pushed his wife onto the cold winter soil.

 

“Any last words?” one of the guards snorted, placing an axe on his shoulder.

 

“I will not let my death be in vain!” she screamed at the top of her lungs. The wind blew colder as the dark haired woman swiftly muttered enchantments under her breath, her experienced lips moving so faster than light itself.

 

“Please… let her go, I will give you anything.” The poet continued to beg for his partner’s life. But to no avail, the grip on his hands only grew tighter. “Please…” he sobbed.

 

With the blink of an eye, the red axe had already been splattered with the blood of the beautiful witch. Her head lay only centimetres away from her immobile body.

 

“NO! NO!” the poet screamed, gasping for air as the sight before him stripped him of his ability to breathe. “NO…Angie, no…no…” he chocked, gaping helplessly at the lifeless carcass who was once his wife.

 

“No…”

 

 

 

Author's note:

Hi! kekek really short update here. Ill post the next chapter real soon, promise! Comment, and tell me how you like it so far. ^^ thanks for reading