Can I Call You Noona?

Because We All Need A Friend [Haitus]

 

Hello~
I'm sorry for those that thought i was going to do a double update
i had a bit of a writers block and i got stuck so yeah...
lol~
anyhows, enjoy~
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

 

“WHAT?!” Dongwoon almost shouted, earning him a few annoyed looks from the rare few that were in the 24hour café.

“Hush! People might recognize you.” The girl ordered in a hushed voice.

“How can you possibly expect me to hush when you tell me that? When did you get the results? Is that why you didn’t come earlier today?” he fired questions at her in a half whisper, half shouting voice.

She couldn’t bring herself to speak so she just nodded her head, letting her fringe cover her face.

The singer let out a sigh and reached out to tuck the longer parts of her hair behind her ear. “Let’s go back to school. We still have one more class.”
She got up quietly and left the café with him without a word.

‘She’s still hiding something.’ Dongwoon thought.
Frustrated, he suddenly stopped in his tracks and grabbed Sihyon’s arm, pulling her by the wrist to make her face him. “Ok. What else is there?”

She hesitated for a split second before spilling over. “It… it spread to my brain… there’s a tumor now…” She explained, staring at the concrete glumly.

“Is… is there any treatment for it?” he asked.

She nodded. “There is, but the chances of survival is 50-50 and if I do, I’ll probably wake in a coma.” She recalled the doctor’s words.

“For how long?”

“They… they don't know.” She plastered on a fake smile. “I’m sure I’ll be fine. Let’s just get to class.”

Dongwoon hated that smile. He hated it because it showed how much she hurt inside. Without thinking, he grabbed her by the wrist again as she turned to leave and pulled her close. “I don't wanna go to class today.” He mumbled into her hair.

Unlike how she normally would she didn’t try to struggle out of the embrace. Instead she stayed there for a bit, taking in his scent. “Why not?” she asked tiredly.

“Because I just want to spend a day with you doing all the things we used to do.” He mumbled.

“And why would you want to do that?” she asked again.

“Why wouldn’t I?” Sihyon smiled as she felt his lips curl into a smirk on the top of her head. “Plus, you’ve been overseas for the last four years. You couldn’t even make our debut. And my hyungs have been dying to meet you in person.” He babbled.

“Yah~” she poked him in the side. “Don't talk like I don’t regret any of it.” She pouted.

“I know, but still. It doesn’t mean I missed you any less.”

“We talked almost every night for at least 4hours.” She replied. “How could you possibly still miss me?”
“I missed how I could cuddle you whenever, or raid your apartment, or the food you always made for me and most of all, I missed how I could hold you and take in the scent of vanilla that you always have hanging around you.” He listed.
“So that’s why you like wiping your nose in my hair.” She teased.

“Yah~ Why are you always so mean to me.” He pouted.

“I’m your noona. It’s my job.” She laughed.

“Yeah, whatever.” He brushed it off. “Are you free anytime in the near future?” he asked.

“I’m free tomorrow, but for the second half I have to go back and look after Taemin.” She mentioned, finally slipping out of the taller boy’s embrace.
“Hmm? Did he get sick?” he asked.

“Yeah. The kids got a fever.”
“Key hyung is probably worried sick.” He muttered out of concern for his friend.

"Probably.” The girl agreed. “Hey, if you’re free tomorrow, come to my new apartment and I can hang out with you there.”

“Sounds good.” He said as they started to walk back in the direction of the school. “Hey, let’s jig today.” He suddenly suggested.

“Uh… sure, but where would we go?” she asked, taken aback by the sudden proposal.

“My dorm of course.” He grinned.

She blinked twice before she could answer,

“Would your manager be ok with that?”

“No, but since when has something like that stopped us from doing anything?” he grinned cheekily.

“Oh, you little rascal, you.” She laughed, noogie-ing his shoulder.

 

“Hyungs! I’m home early today.” Dongwoon called as he entered the large apartment.

“Welcome back maknae–IS THAT A GIRL?!” a red head who had just walked out of another room almost spat out the juice he was drinking. At the word ‘girl’, four other boys almost literally stampeded into the living area with wide eyes.

“You have a girlfriend?!” The serious-looking one exclaimed.

Dongwoon turned pink at that. “An-anniyo.” He stuttered.

Sihyon chuckled and took a step forward, holding out her hand for him to shake. “I’m Sihyon, Dongwoon’s non-biological noona. He talks about you guys all the time.” She smiled.

“Bwoh?!” The bubbly looking one’s eyes popped out. “You’re Sihyon noona?”

“Aigoo, you’re so much prettier that Woonie said you were.” The short one took a light punch from Donwoon after that one.

“Why didn't you introduce us earlier?” Another pouted.

“Because she’s been working her off completing her major and doctorate in America.” Dongwoon said.

“Yah. You make it sound like a bad thing.” she hit him lightly.

“But it is!” he pouted. “I didn't get to see you for the last five years!”
“But we Skyped!”

“Skype doesn't count!” He whined, latching onto her arm and hugging it tightly.

The other bandmembers were dumbfounded at this new side of Dongwoon.

 

“Hi Dongwoon’s noona!” The bubbly one suddenly chirped. “I’m Yoseob, but you can call me Seobie.”

“O…kay… Hi Seobie.” She smiled.

“But!” he continued.

“But?” she repeated, confused at what she could have said wrong.

“But you can’t call me oppa because I want to call you noona.”

“Sihyon was confused. “Why would you want to do that?”

“Because Dongwoon says even though you're only 20, he says that you act like a 30 year old and speak like a 40 year old.” He smiled mischievously.

She almost decked the maknae then and there.

 

After 5 more introductions and 5 more strong bonks to the head, the seven new friends were chatting away happily.

“So how come you were in America in the first place?” Yoseob asked.

Dongwoon opened his mouth to say that she didn't have to answer that question but before he could, Sihyon had already shot her words out.

“Both my parents are bastards and my idiot of an uncle sent me somewhere far away so he didn't have to deal with me.”

This time, it was her who was bonked on the head.

“How many times do I have to tell you that he was only doing what he thought was best for you?” He scolded.

“Tch, whatever.” She brushed it off. “Anyways, it’s already been a good few hours so I’d better get back to my apartment.” She stood and bowed respectfully.

They groaned and voiced their requests for her to stay a little longer.

“Mianhe, but Taemin is sick and I have to go back to look after him and make sure the others sleep properly.” She apologized. “But if you want, you guys can come with Woonie and hang out at my apartment. I hear you have a cleared schedule tomorrow?” she suggested.

They nodded.

“Well then, sleep well and I’ll see if I can arrange for you guys to be picked up tomorrow morning.”
“Yes manager hyung.” Dongwoon droned and rolled his eyes jokingly.

 

Sihyon didn’t even bother to try and sleep that night. Instead, she dropped all her stuff and went straight to cooking up a warm chicken soup for the sick boy next door. After it was all arranged and bubbling nicely on the stove, she zipped into their apartment to make sure they were all sleeping. Not surprisingly, she found a half asleep Kim Kibum nodding off on the kitchen table.

“Oh! Sihyon-shi.” He jumped awake. He quickly noticed her crossed arms and raised eyebrow. “Uh… I was… ah…” he stumbled for an excuse.

“No excuses Kim Kibum. Off to bed ok?” she ordered.

“Arrasso.” He sighed and reluctantly picked himself off the table. “But what if-”

“No buts. I will be awake all night anyways so I’ll stay here if you want.” She said.

“O… okay…” he managed, starting off towards the bedrooms before turning around to face her.

“C-can I call you noona?” he asked hesitantly. “I-it’s just that you seem like you would make a really good noona and-“

He was cut off by Sihyon’s signature chuckle. “Of course dear. Now go sleep. I don’t want you drained tomorrow.” She walked over and started shooing him to his room.

He smiled. “Goodnight noona.” He yawned and went to sleep.

 

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
so thats it for now
i hope you like it
im sorry that theres been so much beast in here so far
but shinee will be coming back soon okeii > <"

xxsaranghaeDFMB