Eavesdroppers

Because We All Need A Friend [Haitus]

 

“Uhm… Yeoboseyo? Sihyon-noona? You’re not at school today so I was wondering where you were. I told the professor you went to the hospital again so you would be tired and probably skipped because of it. Did you go again today? Uhm, anyway, I’m worrying about you, so call me back in the morning ok? Oh, by the way, it’s Dongwoon in case you’re too tired to recognize my voice. Hahhaha~ Anyways, I hope you haven’t fallen asleep on the desk again… Sleep well arasso? I-I love you.”

The end tone of the voicemail rang through the apartment leaving Jonghyun with an uncomfortable feeling in his gut and without words.

 

“Jonghyun! What are you doing? Where's Sihyon?” Onew suddenly burst through the door, scaring the shorter man.

“N-nothing.” The vocalist found his lost words and spun around to face the leader standing at the door. “She’s asleep at her desk and the phone rang so I just let it go to voicemailbox.” He replied.

“Oh, really? Who was it?” the second vocalist asked, making his way over to the still slumbering girl.
“I-I think it’s Beast’s Dongwoon.” He said as the leader started to shake the girl awake. “And I think they’re dating.”

The leader froze in this tracks. “Wh-What?”

Sihyon sat up slowly and looked to see who had woken her.

“Oh, Onew-shi, Jonghyun-shi. What are you guys doing here?” she asked rubbing her eyes, completely unaware to the conversation that was held just moments ago.

“Oh, Sihyon-shi. Uhm… Sorry to wake you up like this because we know you must be tired, but Taemin’s coming down with a fever and he looks really uncomfortable, but we can’t give him any more asprins so we don't know what to do.” The leader managed.
“Oh, that’s not good.” She suddenly almost bolted awake. She grabbed a small black bag from her drawer and made a beeline for their apartment.

 

“Can you sit up for me?” Sihyon asked the pale boy, who managed the request droopily. “There we go, now open your mouth for me and stick out your tongue.” She checked his tonsils with a small torch before putting a thermometer under the tongue. She turned to Key and Minho who were sitting on the other side of the bed. “At the moment it looks like he’s eaten something bad. He should be better by tomorrow night or the morning after so I’ll stay and look after him while you guys go to the meeting.”

 

Meanwhile, just in the living room, Jonghyun and Onew continued their earlier conversation.
“Do you really they’re dating?” Onew asked.

“I don’t know… when he hung up he said ‘I love you’ and it sounded like he was her boyfriend and I’m not even sure that it was Beast’s Dongwoon but it sure sounded like him.” He said, a frown forming on his features.

“But… it’s her business who she dates or doesn’t date.” Onew put in. “I don’t know why I don’t want her to date anyone though….” He added

Jonghyun was quiet but nodded, agreeing with his hyung. They dropped their conversation when they heard Sihyon’s voice.

“The fever’s probably just from a stomach bug. He might have eaten something that was off or just hasn’t eaten enough healthy foods.” She said softly, walking into the living room with the other two members. “I’ll skip uni tomorrow and stay here to look after him. I’ll also arrange for SSB to be with you guys for the whole day tomorrow. Hopefully he’ll get better by tomorrow night.” She gave in to a little yawn. “I’ll bring soup for him for tomorrow morning but for now I need to get some work done so I will arrange for SSB to pick you up tomorrow and I’ll come at five to look after the kiddie.”

“Arasso~” the band members chimed together as she left for her room.

 

“Eh? Isn’t that Sihyon’s first aid kit?” Onew noticed the small bag on their kitchen countertop.
“Oh, she left it here?” Key asked absentmindedly, still worrying about the maknae.

“Yeah, I’ll just take it back for her. I’ll be back in a minute.” He called as he left the room. For some reason, he felt jittery about seeing her. He actually stood outside her door for a good five minutes before he could muster up the courage to knock.

 

However, just as he was about to, he heard her voice and froze dead in his tracks.

“Hey there~” her voice cooed. The eavesdropping leader could almost imagine the smile at that time. “Yeah, I went today. Yes, yes, I know and I’m really sorry, but you've got a really packed schedule at the moment and I didn't want to bother you.” There was a short silence. “That’s what you always say, but I know it’ll only bring you stress later on if you can’t get your work done.” He could barely hear her mutter. “Hehe~ I know.” Her voice changed to a happier tone. Onew breathed a sigh of relief. At least she wasn’t upset over anything. “Um… Well, there still aren’t any donors… but they said some sort of new transfusion could extend the time by an extra two months, although, I don't know what that’ll do. I think there’s five months left now.”

Onew was suddenly snapped back to reality when he heard that one phrase. ‘five months left’ rung through his head and he felt terrified for some reason. He hurriedly bolted back into his apartment and locked the door.

“You took your time.” Key sarcastically stated as the leader sat down at the kitchen breakfast bar next to him.

“Sh-she didn’t answer the door.” He replied managing his shaky voice.
“Oh, okay then. She’s probably sleeping. Poor girl. She looks like she hasn’t had a proper night’s sleep in years and she’s only a few days older than Jjong.” The diva muttered to more to himself than Onew. The older of the pair nodded silently.

 

Out of all the members, Key probably spent the most time talking to her. Probably because of all the girly things he could talk about with her. However, he was disappointed to find that she didn’t own any heels and only went shopping for clothes when hers got to old. It wasn’t all bad though. He had managed to convince her into going on a shopping date with him.

 

“She looked sick today.” Key absentmindedly noted. “and she was sleeping a lot more. Do you think she goes out at night? Sometimes it sounds like someone leaves her apartment late at night.”
“Maybe she has places to go?” Onew suggested. “She does have all lot of things she does other than managing for us.”
This time Key nodded. “Well, I’m off to bed. I’ll swap with Minho tonight to watch over the baby.” He said, picking himself off the bar stool and shuffling towards the rooms. “Goodnight hyung~”

 

And just like that, Onew was alone again. Being the curious person that he was, he wondered if Sihyon was still on the phone. He picked up the black bag and went back to her front door and listened for her voice.

“Aww. That’s so sweet. Thank you yeobo.” That was not was he was looking for. “Yeah. I’ll see you at school. Bye~”

Onew heard the phone being put back in its holder and he immediately straightened up. Hesitantly, he finally knocked on the door and almost instantly he was greeted by the shorter girl who was carrying a messenger back and holding a few books and folders and her black motorbike helmet.

“Oh, Onew-shi. What’re you doing at this time of night? Shouldn’t you be resting? You had a really big day today.” She looked a bit surprised.

“You, ah, you forgot your first aid bag.” He meekly replied, handing her the black bag.

“Oh~ Thanks for that Onew-shi.” She spoke very casually despite the respectful honorific at the end of his name. She took the bag and popped it on a table nearby before stepping back out and locking the door.

Onew looked at her as she did so, only noticing the books and helmet now. “Are you… going somewhere?” he asked.

“Uh, yeah…” she seemed unsure of herself for the first time.

“Where to?” Onew wasn’t sure why he wanted to know so badly.

“Night Uni…?” Sihyon was starting to seem a bit annoyed with the invasion of privacy.

“Are you meeting someone?” He asked again.

“Jinki-shi.” That was the first time Sihyon called Onew by his real name. “I may be your manager and I may look after you and treat you as if you are my family, but contrary to what you may think I have a private life and I have the right to meet who I want to. Please don’t interrogate me as if you are a jealous and overprotective boyfriend.” She said, walking past him.

 

‘Crap. I blew it didn’t I?’ Onew thought to himself as he flopped down into his bed. ‘She’ll never talk to me again.’ He groaned miserably at the thought. His phone beeped, notifying him of a new text. Like a mindless zombie, he reached over and unlocked his phone.

 

Hi Onew-shi. I apologize for snapping at you like that. I’ve had a stressful day and I don’t know what I was thinking. I hope you can forgive my rudeness and we can continue being friends.
Sleep well! ^ ^ – Sihyon

 

‘Or not.’ The leader sighed in relief and smiled to himself as he replied to her text.

__________________________________________________________________

hey guys ^ ^
so i realised that i didn't write to you in the last chapter and i'm really sorry but i updated at night and i was like = =......... by the time i was finished so yeah...
mianhe....
AND I DID YOU HEAR JUNHYUNG AND HARA ARE DATING???
i mean i KNOW i should be a good b2uty and be supportive and stuff
and i AM happy for him (notice i used 'him' nor 'them' ;D)
but i still cant help but feel devo ;_______;
anyhows
i hope you enjoyed the chapter
i was starting to loose inspiration and i really paniced because i really liked my own plot for ONCE IN MY WHOLE LIFE so i was like   ;A;
but its all good and its back on track so YAYYYYY~
anyhows
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE comment to let me know what you think!!
i really really need your support on this > <
anyhows
its now 3am or something so i gotta go sleep
BYE GUYS~

xxsaranghaeDFMB