A Flashback and a Revelation

Because We All Need A Friend [Haitus]

 

HALLO EVERYONEE~
I FINALLY GOT MY WRITING GROOVE BACK AND I MIGHT BE DOING A DOUBLE UPDATE TODAY~
ANYHOWS
IMMA GET BACK TO WRITING SO I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE CHAPTER~
kekeke
hint: you're in for a biiiiiiiiiig twist (;
_____________________________________________________________

 

 

“Noona!” a deep voice called from behind her.

“Woonie!” Sihyon spun around and came face to– well, face to shoulder with the tall boy.

“How have you been? Our schedules haven’t crossed all week.” She asked as he hugged her tightly.

“Better now that you’re here.” He murmured into her hair.

“Oh, you romantic.” she scoffed into sleeve, giving him a light whack while she was at it.

“But it’s true! You’ve never forgotten to text me if you’re going to be absent or late so I’ve been worried sick that something might have happened to you.” He frowned and broke the embrace, holding the girl at arms length to look her in the eye.

“So that’s what the awkward ‘I love you’ was about?” she raised an eyebrow skeptically. “In case I got taken or something and you would never get to say that to me again?”

The boy made a face and poked her forehead, causing her to laugh.

“Okay, okay. Mianhe. I guess my hands have been a bit full recently.” She apologized.

“But seriously, were you really that busy to forget?” he asked. “In the 13 odd years that I’ve been your best friend you’ve never forgotten anything and you’re expecting me to believe you now? You better have a darn good reason missy.” He joked.

 

Yep, that’s right. Son Dongwoon of B2ST had been Lee Sihyon’s one and only friend for 13 years. I know right? CUTE. What's cuter is this: they met at a park when they were both just 7years old.

 

~Flashback~

 

“Omana! Mianhe.” A little boy apologized as he ran into someone.

“It’s fine.” A little girl replied as she picked herself off the ground and dusted off her shorts. “Are you alright?” she asked, noticing the scratch on his knee.

“I’m ok. It’s just a few grazes.” He replied. It stung a bit, but he could deal with it.

The girl dug her hand into her pocket and dug out a bandaid and before he knew it, the colorful kitty patterned plaster was covering the scratch from view.

“It’s best not to get it infected.” She explained. “You should probably go back to your omma or appa.” She said, helping him off the ground.

The boy looked to the ground uncomfortably.

Noticing this, the girl asked, “What’s wrong? Are you… lost?”

He miserably nodded in reply.

“Well, it’s best if you stay in one spot. It’ll be easier for them to find you.” She said. “Why don't you wait under that tree over there?” she suggested, pointing to a big tree just a bit away. He turned to see where she had pointed but when he looked back, she was gone. Disappointedly, he made his way over to the tree and slumped down at the base of the trunk and soon dozed off in the warm afternoon sun.

 

When he awoke, he was face to face with the girl and he jumped back in surprise.

“Dongwoon right?” she asked with a full smile, showing off her missing front tooth.

He nodded.

“I’m Sihyon.” She said extending a hand for him to shake. He did so warily. “Now that we’ve introduced ourselves, I have an announcement to make. I found your mommy!” She declared happily.

“Jinja?!” he bolted up straight.

“Sihyon? Where are you?” Dongwoon recognized his mother voice anywhere.

“We’re over here Mrs. Son!” She yelled and lo and behold, the figure of his mother came racing at him.

“OMO. WOONIE.” The woman picked up her son and swung him in a circle before putting him down and hugging him tightly. “Don’t you dare EVER run away from me again! Do you know how worried I was?”

“Mianhe omma. I promise to never run away again.” He then turned to the girl. “What about you? Where’s your omma or appa?” he asked the girl.

She hesitated for a second. “Appa’s at work and omma doesn’t want to see me right now.” She explained. “I just have to wait for sunset before I go back.”

“Have you been here all day?” Dongwoon’s mother asked.

She nodded.

“Do you stay here everyday?” she asked again.

Again, the girl silently nodded. “It’s not bad though. The park manager ajusshis are nice to me and appa’s friend visits me sometimes.”

“Well, why don't you play with us today? We’ll bring you back before sunset.” The woman offered.

“I’d love to, but I don’t know you yet.” She replied.

“Aigoo. Such a smart girl.” The woman’s eye softened with sadness at the thought of such an intelligent girl being neglected like that.

“Then can I stay here and play with her?” the boy asked.

“Of course you can.”
And with that, the little boy took the little girl by the hand and skipped off to the playground.

 

“So how did you remember where I was? It’s a big park you know.” Little Dongwoon said as they lay under the tree together.

“I don't know… I just… remember stuff.” She replied before noticing the orange tint in the sky. “The sun will be setting soon. I have to go home.” She said disappointedly. She’d never played with anyone before.

“Aww… really?” Dongwoon asked.

She nodded glumly. “But I wanna meet you again.”

“Then let’s be best friends. Best friends always know everything about eachother, so if I come back to this park, you’ll know.” He beamed. It was cute and naïve little lie that they both thought was real and so, after they had hugged eachother goodbye, little Sihyon went home feeling just a little safer than she had before.

 

~End Flashback~

 

“You better have a darn good reason missy.” He joked.
She didn’t smile. Even if it wasn’t funny, or she was too tired to managed a genuine smile, she would still try. Dongwoon knew something was up.

“Let’s go to the café.” She suddenly suggested.

 

The two sat opposite eachother, Dongwoon watching her as she played with the plastic lid of her paper cup.

“I’m scared.” She finally managed, just above a whisper.

“Why? What’s wrong?” the boy reached out to hold her hand, suddenly noticing how much thinner her wrists were.

“The leukemia… It’s at stage 4.”



__________________________________________
AND IM STILL NOT DONE WITH THE TWISTS XD
HANG ON FOR MORE GUYSS
anyhows
as always
please comment ^ ^

xxsaranghaeDFMB