The Timing

All I Care About

After searching the first four floors, Jinho had been unsuccessful in finding Luhan. It was almost like Luhan was hiding and no matter how hard Jinho tried to find him, he just couldn't. Jinho wasn't going to give up though. No, this is his chance. He's going to find Luhan one way or another. He just knows it, and after stepping off the elevator on the fifth floor, he could almost feel it. Luhan was definitely here.

 

He quickly looked around the rows of tables and bookcases, his eyes frantically scanning for his target. Where is he?

 

Jinho was walking past a group of female students when he overheard one of them telling the others that she spotted Luhan earlier. Jinho stopped in his tracks.

 

He looked like he wanted to be alone, so he quietly made his way to one of the secluded areas between the old bookshelves, and then I saw –”

 

Jinho doesn't wait to hear the rest as he rushed over to the area the girl had mentioned. He was familiar with that area – it was where he would stay whenever Luhan had lunch with Sehun instead. It was his spot – a private area where he could just lay down and not worry about people intruding.

 

His heart swelled at the thought of Luhan being at his spot.

 

He couldn't believe it. He was going to find Luhan and confess to him in the exact spot where he had numerous daydreams about doing exactly that. This was almost too perfect to be true.

 

With his heart pounding, Jinho turned the corner with a smile etched on his face, his whole being threatening to explode from the anticipation. The excitement.

 

But the smile quickly disappeared because his eyes suddenly spotted a familiar figure walking in front of him.

 

For a split second, Jinho's heart stopped beating.

 

No.

 

The person a few feet in front of him was unmistakably his friend – Sehun.

 

W-What? H-How?

 

Stunned, Jinho stood there and watched as Sehun turned left, walking right towards the spot that Jinho now knew for sure had Luhan.

 

Jinho felt his stomach twisting to the point he almost felt sick.

 

A second later he could hear what was no doubt Luhan's voice calling out Sehun's name.

 

Feeling weak in the knees, Jinho leaned against the nearest bookshelf. No. No. No. He slid down on the floor and shook his head repeatedly, unable to believe the circumstances.

 

This was his chance.

 

It was his time.

 

Everything was in his favor.

 

He was right there. Luhan was right there.

 

The timing was there.

 

Where did he go wrong?

 

Why was this happening to him?

 

Knowing that he was only a few seconds late, that he was right behind Sehun, made it that much harder to accept his reality. His heart clenched painfully and Jinho just wanted to scream.

 

He was so close, so damn close.

 

******

Hey.”

 

Luhan's eyes widened when he looked up and saw the person standing in front of him. “Sehun,” he whispered, shocked at the younger boy's sudden appearance.

 

How did Sehun know he was here? How did he even find him?

 

I had a feeling you were here,” Sehun said, answering Luhan's questions for him.

 

B-But how?”

 

Sehun bent down to be eye level with him. He placed his hand over his chest and said, “I followed my heart.”

 

Luhan turned his head the other way so that Sehun couldn't see the blush that was surely spreading across his face.

 

You're so cheesy,” Luhan mumbled, avoiding eye contact.

 

Sehun chuckled. “But you love that about me,” he said as he sat down.

 

Ignoring that fact, Luhan turned to look at Sehun, his eyes accusatory. “What are you doing here?”

 

I wanted to check out a few books before we leave for break,” Sehun answered.

 

Luhan immediately glared at him.

 

Kidding,” Sehun blurted before Luhan could give him a piece of his mind. “That was a joke.”

 

Ha ha,” Luhan said dryly.

 

Sehun smiled and Luhan suddenly realized that Sehun was sitting a lot closer to him than he was a moment ago. His mind was telling him that he shouldn't like Sehun being so close to him, but his heart was telling him something completely different.

 

I came here to find you,” Sehun said, eyes studying Luhan's face. “To apologize.”

 

For?”

 

For everything,” Sehun replied as he reached over and took Luhan's hands, pushing his book out of the way.

 

The last thing Luhan expected Sehun to do was to pull him into his lap, but that was what he did, and surprisingly, Luhan didn't resist. He told himself that he was just too lazy to struggle against Sehun. Yes, that was the only reason why he allowed Sehun to settle him comfortably on his lap. Definitely just that. Has to be. There's no other possible explanations. Nope. No wa –

 

Sehun grinned and Luhan lost his train of thought completely.

 

It's been almost forever since Sehun had smiled at him, so it was no surprise to Luhan that he was rather mesmerized by the sight. He shouldn't be staring, but he couldn't look away. Sehun was smiling again.

 

When Sehun wrapped his arms around him, Luhan almost didn't catch what the boy was saying because his heart was fluttering. Stupid heart.

 

I'm sorry about everything. I was a jerk so I completely understand why you're upset with me, and if you're not, you should be.”

 

Oh I am,” Luhan said, trying to keep his face stern and his fluttering heart at bay. The corner of Sehun's lips twitched, and Luhan wondered why.

 

I'm sorry about not telling you the reason why I was mad – for ignoring you that night.”

 

Sehun paused to look at Luhan, probably waiting for his reaction. Not wanting to make it so easy for Sehun, Luhan simply nodded. “Go on.”

 

It was just really hard for me.”

 

Luhan tilted his head slightly. “Why?”

 

Sehun sighed. “Because I felt like a failure. I'm sorry I forgot about our date. And I felt worse when I couldn't even make it up to you.”

 

Luhan blinked. “You wanted to make it up to me?”

 

Yeah. With Baekhyun and Chanyeol hyung's help, I bought tickets for the following show, but before I could show you ” Sehun took a deep breath. “You left with Jinho.”

 

What? You bought tickets? Why didn't you tell me?”

 

Because it would be pointless. You were already on your way when I got back.”

 

Luhan smacked Sehun's arm. “No, it's not pointless because if I had known you did all of that, I would have told Jinho to turn around immediately!”

 

You would?”

 

Of course!”

 

But what about meeting that photographer?”

 

Luhan raised his eyebrow. “What about it?”

 

You would seriously rather go see an art show with me than meet your favorite photographer?”

 

Yes,” Luhan replied without hesitation.

 

Really?” Sehun asked, unable to believe what he was hearing.

 

Why is that so hard to believe? I admit that meeting him was cool, but I would rather spend time with you.”

 

Why?”

 

Because you are more important to me,” Luhan answered simply.

 

Oh.” Sehun doesn't say anything else, apparently too taken by Luhan's answer. Luhan found it amusing to see Sehun struggle. Serves you right!

 

I-I,” Sehun began, unsure of himself.

 

You're an idiot,” Luhan provided, doing his best not to smirk.

 

Sehun nodded. “Yes.”

 

The biggest idiot.”

 

Yeah.”

 

The world's most idiotic boyfriend.”

 

Okay, I get the point,” Sehun said, tightening his hold around Luhan. “I'm really sorry.”

 

Luhan sighed and reluctantly (that's what he tells himself) wrapped his arms around Sehun's neck. “We could have avoided all of this if you would just tell me what was bothering you in the first place.”

 

I know. I'm such a coward for not being able to face my emotions head on.”

 

Luhan nodded. “I hope you know now that I'm always willing to listen.”

 

Sehun smiled. “Hm,” he hummed.

 

Was that it?” Luhan asked, eyeing Sehun suspiciously. There had to be something else.

 

Sehun took a deep breath before he admitted, “I also didn't like seeing you come home with Jinho. Actually, I hated it. It made me feel incapable as a boyfriend, and I just couldn't handle it.”

 

Wait...You were jealous? Of Jinho?” Luhan asked.

 

Yeah, you can say that,” Sehun murmured, not looking Luhan in the eyes.

 

Luhan sighed. “Aishhh. You're impossible.” Luhan cupped Sehun's cheeks and forced his boyfriend to look at him.

 

I admit it's cute seeing you jealous, but you should know better than anyone that I love you the most.”

 

Sehun lowered his gaze. “Which is why I hated myself for getting jealous in the first place.”

 

Luhan dropped his hands from Sehun's face and hugged him. “Babo,” he murmured as he hugged Sehun tighter, slowly allowing himself to melt from the physical contact.

 

Sehun was surprised at first by Luhan's action, but he eventually wrapped his arms tighter around Luhan, more than happy with their sudden hug. It honestly has been too long.

 

It was a good thing they were well hidden because if people were to stumble upon them now, it would look mighty indecent and Luhan had a feeling he wouldn't even bother to explain. Frankly, he's too intoxicated by Sehun to think properly.

 

I'm sorry I treated you the way I did,” Sehun suddenly admitted. Luhan pulled away to look at him.

 

I wasn't trying to ignore you, I was keeping myself in check. To stop myself from lashing out. You probably think that's stupid, but I didn't know how else to deal.”

 

Sehun-ah, can I be totally honest with you?”

 

Yeah.”

 

I rather have you yell at me than have you keep everything to yourself. At least when we fight, I know exactly what's wrong and how I should fix it. When you don't tell me something, it feels as though you don't trust me enough to tell me. And that makes me feel like I'm failing as a lover, and that we're failing as a couple because we don't communicate enough.”

 

Sehun's eyes widened. “You really think that?”

 

Mhm. I did before you told me this. But now –”

 

Now?”

 

Now I understand – even if it's completely ridiculous – I get it. I'm sorry for not being more in tune with how you feel. I should have been more aware and 

 

Sehun shook his head. “None of this is your fault, Lu. It's completely mine.”

 

Can't argue with that,” Luhan said cheekily as he pinched Sehun's cheeks, much to Sehun's displeasure.

 

Can you forgive me?” Sehun asked after Luhan had assaulted his cheeks repeatedly. “Can you forgive this idiot boyfriend?”

 

Luhan bit his bottom lip in an attempt to keep himself from grinning. “That depends,” he said as he suddenly got up. He turned around, picked up his textbook and placed it into his backpack.

 

On what?” Sehun asked, and Luhan could hear him getting up from behind him.

 

On whether or not you –” Luhan turned around and pair of familiar soft lips were pressed against his own.

 

Not expecting Sehun's kiss, Luhan stood there, eyes wide and lashes rapidly blinking – looking like a pleasantly confused deer. His shock didn't last long because eventually one of his hands found its way around Sehun's nape and the other was gently tugging Sehun's hair, pulling him closer. When Sehun deepened the kiss after pressing Luhan against the wall, Luhan was pretty much on cloud nine, and it took everything in him not to moan into the kiss. Stupid Sehun and his stupid kisses.

 

Sehun-ah,” Luhan breathed as Sehun continued to show just how much he loved him. It was exactly what Luhan had been lacking these past couple of days, and god, it feels amazing to finally experience Sehun's kisses again.

 

Eventually, Sehun pulled away and upon seeing Luhan looking like a lovestruck mess, he grinned. “I missed this.”

 

Still slightly dazed, Luhan had no idea what Sehun meant by that. “Hm?”

 

I missed kissing you,” Sehun replied, brushing Luhan's fringes away from his eyes. He leaned in so that his lips were ghosting over Luhan's. “Bambi.”

 

Luhan flushed and gently pushed a smirking Sehun off of him. “You have a lot of guts to kiss me like that. You don't even know if I've forgiven you yet.”

 

Sehun smiled. “I think you kissing me back was enough for me to know the answer.”

 

That's just my natural reflex,” Luhan argued, causing Sehun to laugh.

 

Right.”

 

It's true! I can't help it if my body naturally responds to your advances.”

 

Sehun stepped forward and leaned in closer, his face only inches away from Luhan's. “Then don't bother fighting it,” he said before he kissed Luhan again to challenge him.

 

And without fail, Luhan kissed him back.

 

Stupid reflexes.

 

Too busy kissing Sehun, Luhan couldn't find the energy to reprimand himself for being so easy. Sehun, on the other hand, couldn't be more thankful, so he smiled into the kiss, happy with Luhan's “natural reflex.”

 

You're not allowed to act like a jerk again or else,” Luhan warned after they separated. He's clearly forgiven Sehun, but he wasn't going to let his boyfriend slide either.

 

I know,” Sehun whispered as he peppered Luhan's face with soft kisses, soothing him.

 

You can't ignore me either – even if you're really mad.”

 

Got it.”

 

And most importantly, you still have to personally wake me every morning,” Luhan said, voice dead serious.

 

Sehun stopped to look at him. He quirked an eyebrow and Luhan rolled his eyes.

 

You know I hate waking up to the alarm clock. I rather you – yeah.”

 

You rather I?” Sehun asked, amusement lacing his voice.

 

You know what.”

 

I do?”

 

Yes. You do,” Luhan replied, putting his hands on his hips.

 

With a sly grin, Sehun shook his head. “I don't think I do, at least I don't remember. Care to remind me?”

 

Luhan grunted. “You'll figure it out,” he said before he started to move away.

 

Sehun quickly grabbed his wrist and twirled him around. “Cute,” he said when he spotted the pout on Luhan's face.

 

Luhan scowled and Sehun beamed. “I am not cute,” Luhan muttered under his breath. He wasn't sure if Sehun heard him or not, but the younger one continued to smile at him, his expression brighter than it's ever been during these last few days.

 

Why are you looking at me like that?” Sehun asked when he laced their fingers and they started to make their way out from the secluded spot.

 

I can't decide on whether I should smack you or –”

 

Kiss me?”

 

Punch you,” Luhan corrected.

 

Sehun laughed. “Why? What did I do?”

 

Luhan stopped walking and gazed into Sehun's eyes. “Do you really not remember why I rather have you wake me in the morning?”

 

Sehun smiled and squeezed his hand. “Of course I remember, Bambi. I've been doing it since we've started dating. I know you love waking up to my kisses.”

 

Luhan blushed. “You don't have to say it out loud! What if someone heard you?!”

 

Like who?” Sehun asked as he tugged Luhan along, passing a few bookshelves. Neither of them noticed the figure that quickly turned away when they approached.

 

I don't know,” Luhan said with a shrug. “People.”

 

It doesn't matter anyway,” Sehun remarked as he stopped to look at Luhan. “People should already know who you belong to.”

 

Luhan rolled his eyes in mock annoyance. “Your possessiveness strikes again, Sehun-ah,” he said with a small hint of enjoyment in his voice.

 

It's always been there,” Sehun stated before giving Luhan a peck on the lips. The pair started walking again, hand in hand with identical smiles on their faces.

 

Can we go get ice cream?” Luhan asked while they were waiting for the next available elevator. “You should really buy me ice cream to make up for your awful behavior.”

 

Sehun snorts. “We're going to the doctor's first to get your nose checked.”

 

Do we have to?” Luhan whined. “My nose is fine. It stopped bleeding a long time ago.”

 

Still. We have to be absolutely sure it's not broken.”

 

Ding.

 

The elevator door opened and the couple stepped inside. Luhan, who hasn't given up on trying to convince Sehun that he didn't need to see the doctor, continued to make up excuses throughout the ride down.

 

Sadly for him, Sehun wasn't easily swayed.

 

Ding.

 

The door opened and as soon as they stepped off, the opposite elevator door opened.

 

Jinho,” Luhan called out when he spotted the said boy. He waved at Jinho, who looked up at the sound of his name.

 

When he made eye contact with Jinho, Luhan immediately felt that something was off. His eyes were void of any emotions, but his face and his posture gave him away. Jinho looked exhausted for some reason and absolutely miserable.

 

Luhan frowned, but before he could walk up to the other boy, a hand held him back.

 

Let's go before the clinic closes,” Sehun said, his eyes quickly darting between Jinho and Luhan.

 

But Sehun-ah 

 

Without looking at the couple, Jinho quietly walked past them and towards the library's exit – completely surprising Luhan, who had expected him to stop and talk to them.

 

Jinho?

 

Come on,” Sehun said, seemingly unfazed by Jinho's weird reaction towards them. The taller one tightened his grasp on Luhan's hand and led him away.

 

That was weird. I wonder if he's okay,” Luhan commented in hopes of getting Sehun to talk about what just happened because so far his boyfriend hasn't said anything, and it was beginning to bother Luhan. He simply couldn't understand Sehun's lack of concern for Jinho.

 

He's probably fine,” Sehun finally said.

 

Luhan opened his mouth to say something else, but the look on Sehun's face told him that he was done talking about Jinho so he dropped the topic.

 

Maybe he was over-thinking it. Maybe Jinho had to go somewhere, so he couldn't stop to chat with them. Yeah. Maybe.

 

Hopefully, Jinho's fine because Luhan would hate for something to happen to him.

 

******

Jinho hated himself for sticking around. He should have just left as soon as he heard Luhan's voice from behind the shelves. Why did he have to stay? All he did was hurt himself because as he stood there listening to their conversation, he realized just how deep the hole he's gotten himself in really is.

 

It's deep to the point he couldn't even see a way out.

 

When Luhan told Sehun that he shouldn't be jealous of him, Jinho felt his heart sink because it hurts knowing that Luhan doesn't even consider him a possible candidate for his affection.

 

It was crystal clear that the hole was far more lonely and sinister than he expected.

 

You should know better than anyone that I love you the most.”

 

Luhan's words kept replaying his head, and each time he could feel a sharp pang in his chest.

 

That I love you the most.”

 

I love you the most.”

 

Does Sehun know what Jinho would do to hear Luhan say that about him?

 

The answer is anything.

 

He would do anything.

 

When the couple got quiet, Jinho immediately knew that they were physically showing each other what they meant to one another. It was especially obvious, painfully so, when Luhan's “Sehun-ah” came out breathlessly needy and overwhelmingly affectionate and full of love.

 

Jinho couldn't hear anything after that. Everything was just white noise. Drowned out by the breaking of his heart.

 

He was only pulled back to reality when he heard the couple approaching where he was standing. Quickly, he turned around and walked away.

 

He had hoped that he didn't run into the couple, but of course fate was cruel.

 

Jinho,” Luhan called, and Jinho naturally looked towards the voice. He should have pretended that he didn't hear him, but he's so use to responding to that honey-like voice, there was no way he could ignore it.

 

The only way to save himself was to get out quickly – to leave the scene. So he did.

 

He doesn't bother looking at Sehun, who was eyeing him. His expression was akin to understanding, like he knew what Jinho was thinking and why he wanted to get away from them.

 

Jinho guessed that he should be thankful Sehun didn't allow Luhan to go after him. It served Sehun's own agenda more than anything else, but Jinho appreciated it nonetheless.

 

He made his way to his car, and drove away. Jinho doesn't go straight home, instead he hits the local bar and stays there till the owner told him that it was closing time.

 

After leaving the bar, he staggers to the nearest park and sat down on the bench. He's only half-aware of the people staring at him, whispering. Jinho doesn't care though because their disapproval was nothing compared to the emptiness he felt inside.

 

Jinho closed his eyes and leaned back.

 

I love you the most.”

 

He slowly opened his eyes and frowned.

 

Why hyung,” he whispered to nobody. “Why?”

 

******

You know what I realized?” Luhan asked as Sehun twisted the key into the lock.

 

What?” Sehun asked, opening the door and stepping aside to let Luhan go in first.

 

That we were making out on the fifth floor,” Luhan said with a small smile and a faint blush on his cheeks.

 

Sehun raised his eyebrow as he walked in behind Luhan. “Is that why you went to that floor?”

 

No,” Luhan quickly answered. “It's completely coincidental.”

 

Sehun chuckled. “Yeah. Okay Bambi.”

 

What? It is!”

 

Uh huh. And you just thought of this now because?”

 

Luhan rubbed his neck. “Well, I was just thinking about our talk and uh –”

 

And you couldn't get the kiss – kisses – out of your head,” Sehun stated matter-of-factly.

 

Psstt. You wish.”

 

Sehun smiled and closed the front door. He reached out for Luhan's hand and entwined their fingers. His smile grew wider when Luhan gave in to his so called “reflex” and kissed him back when Sehun pressed their lips together. The kiss got more intense when Sehun pinned Luhan against the door, his hand roaming the front of Luhan's shirt.

 

Ugh. Fantastic, Sehun thought when he suddenly heard familiar voices shouting obscene things from behind him.

 

YES! Put some tongue into it!”

 

Charge up your Bambi!”

 

That's right! Bow-chicka-wow-wow!”

 

Luhan lets go of his hand and looked past Sehun's shoulders, face flushed.

 

Awwww why did you stop?” the voices whined.

 

Sehun turned around and glared at his hyungs. “Because you ruined it.”

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol grinned. “Whatever. We were simply showing our support.”

 

Uh, I'm going to the kitchen,” Luhan announced, averting his eyes from Baekyeol's approving ones. As soon as he was out of the hallway, Baekyeol ran up to Sehun and bombarded him questions.

 

What happened?”

 

Luhan hyung forgave you?”

 

We're guessing he did because 

 

You were making out against the door –”

 

And you had your hand under his shirt.”

 

He has really soft skin doesn't he?”

 

What does it feel like? Like fluffy clouds? Or a baby's ? Or both?”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. “I'm not going to answer that, but yes, things are fine. We talked and got everything straightened out.”

 

Baekhyun folded his arms and grinned. “I knew you could fix it.”

 

Chanyeol nodded. “We raised you well.”

 

Sehun doesn't bother arguing with that because he's got far more important things on his mind – like how to get a certain Bambi to bed early.

 

Try telling him you have cookies in your room,” Baekhyun suggested, as if he read Sehun's mind.

 

Then when he gets in, you lock the door and ravish him like a cookie,” the older boy continued, winking excessively.

 

As wrong as that sounds, Sehun couldn't say he dislike the idea.

 

You don't ravish a cookie, Baek,” Chanyeol chimed in. The taller boy shot Sehun a knowing grin and wiggled his eyebrows.“You eat it.”

 

Hyung. No.”

 

What?”

 

Stop.”

 

We're all adults here.”

 

Yeah, fully functional, ual adults.”

 

Sehun groaned and left the couple, wondering why he stayed in their company in the first place.

 

When he got in the kitchen, his eyes immediately zoomed towards Luhan who was in the middle of telling Kyungsoo about his nose incident. Essentially, he was trying to convince Kyungsoo to bake him brownies to “ease the pain.”

 

Don't,” Sehun said as he leaned against the fridge, expression highly amused. “He doesn't need brownies.”

 

Luhan quickly shot him a deadly glare. “Sehun.”

 

I already bought him ice cream,” Sehun explained when Kyungsoo looked at him.

 

Oh. Okay,” Kyungsoo said, turning back to look at a disappointed Luhan. “Too much sugar before bed is bad for you, hyung.”

 

Luhan's frown deepened. “What about tomorrow?”

 

Kyungsoo tapped his chin and contemplated this. “Hmm. I'll see about it. Can't promise you anything.”

 

Alright,” Luhan said half-heartedly. He stood up and walked off, but not before shooting Sehun a quick I'm going to deal with you later glare.

 

Sehun chuckled. Oh Bambi.

 

I'm guessing you want me to bake him brownies tomorrow?” Kyungsoo asked, a small smile dancing across his face.

 

Yeah, if you don't mind hyung.”

 

Okay. I will. It's been awhile since we had brownies. I'll go shopping tomorrow after class.”

 

Thanks hyung.”

 

No problem. I'm just glad you two fixed whatever it was that happened this morning.”

 

It was noticeable huh?”

 

Yeah.”

 

Well, I'm glad we fixed it too,” Sehun said before he bid his hyung goodnight and left the kitchen.

 

When he got in front of his door, Baekhyun and Chanyeol popped out of their room. “How did you get him upstairs?” Baekhyun asked.

 

Was it the cookies?” Chanyeol asked.

 

Or the promise of unbelievable make-up ?”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes and opened the door, immediately closing it before they could say anything else. He can only hope that they would consider his privacy and not try to listen in.

 

Eating brownies makes it easier for me to sleep,” Luhan stated from his spot on the bed, apparently still hung up on brownies.

 

Sehun walked over and ruffled his hair. “Don't be ridiculous.”

 

Luhan batted his hand away. “It's true!”

 

Sehun sat down next to his boyfriend, and subtly placed his arm around Luhan's lower back. “You say that about anything sweet.”

 

No, I don't,” Luhan argued.

 

Last week you told me that you needed a chocolate bar in order to focus on your homework.”

 

I did,” Luhan huffed.

 

You had no homework.”

 

Well, I was giving myself homework.”

 

Sehun burst out laughing at Luhan's excuse. “You're amazing.”

 

I know,” Luhan replied automatically.

 

Very humble as well,” Sehun teased, pulling Luhan closer to him.

 

Of course,” Luhan said, nuzzling Sehun's face.

 

Should I give you a reward?”

 

Yes. Definitely.”

 

How about I give you something better than brownies?”

 

And that is?”

 

Caffeine.”

 

Luhan furrowed his eyebrows. “Caffeine?”

 

Yeah. You know...To keep you up all night.”

 

After realizing what Sehun was implying, Luhan's ears immediately turned red and he covered his face. “Aishh, Sehun-ah, that was really bad,” he mumbled.

 

Whatever,” Sehun said, pushing Luhan down on the bed. “Do you want it or not?” he asked as he hovered over the boy who still refused to show his face, the embarrassment apparently overwhelming.

 

When Sehun doesn't get a reply, he took matters into his own hands and started kissing the side of Luhan's neck.

 

I didn't say yes,” Luhan stated, wiggling underneath him.

 

Sehun stopped to look at him.

 

I-I didn't s-say n-no either,” Luhan stammered.

 

Which is it then,” Sehun asked when he pressed their foreheads together. He smiled when Luhan his lips unconsciously.

 

Well, we do have early classes tomorrow...What if we oversleep?”

 

I'll be your alarm clock.”

 

What if I'm too.... tired in the morning?”

 

Sehun chuckled at Luhan's question. “If that happens, I can just give you a quick charge. Deal?”

 

He doesn't wait for Luhan's answer before going ahead with his initial plan to charge Luhan. He's embarrassingly hasty at first, but honestly he doesn't think Luhan minded.

 

As for Luhan, for someone who was initially playing coy, he grew increasingly vocal as things progressed. And Sehun definitely doesn't mind that.

 

Later on.....

 

I'm really lucky,” Sehun murmured as he runs his fingers through Luhan's tousled hair. Luhan's eyes were drooping slightly, clearly on the verge of falling asleep, but surprisingly, he heard Sehun.

 

With a smile, Luhan snuggled closer to Sehun. “You are,” he mumbled into the crook of Sehun's neck.

 

Sehun pinched Luhan's earlobe. “As are you.”

 

Luhan simply hummed in response. Sleep was taking over, and Sehun was pretty sure he's going to be the only one awake in a few seconds, so he takes his chance to tell Luhan something that should be obvious by now.

 

I love you.”

 

It doesn't matter if Luhan heard him or not because it won't change the truth behind those words. He just wanted to say it out loud, to proclaim what he feels on a daily basis. It's exhilarating to be able to tell someone you care so much about that you love them. Sehun doesn't profess his love nearly as often as Luhan, but every time he does, his heart reacts the same. It beats wonderfully fast, so fast that he marvels at the idea of something inside of him being capable of such a reaction. Sometimes it leaves him breathless.

 

A few seconds later when Sehun decided that Luhan was definitely asleep, he heard a soft, “I love you too,” from the older boy.

 

Later Sehun falls asleep with a wide smile etched on his face.

 

He really is lucky.

 

******

The next morning, Luhan woke to soft kisses and whispers of Wake up, Bambi.

 

It doesn't take long before Luhan is grinning because honestly, this is the only way he wants to wake up.

 

Sehun-ah,” he mumbled sleepily, eyes closed. “Morning.”

 

Morning,” Sehun responded, giving Luhan a peck on the forehead before he pulled the covers off of him. “Time to get up.”

 

Luhan pouted. “Five more minutes?”

 

He doesn't have to see it to know that Sehun rolled his eyes. “Fine, but I'm going to get ready, so don't call for help if Baekhyun and Chanyeol hyung barges in. I won't be able to help you.”

 

Luhan opened his eyes and stared at Sehun, surprised.

 

Sehun smirked and said, “Since you're awake now, let's go.” He started dragging a confused Luhan out of bed.

 

What just happened?” Luhan asked after he realized that he was in the bathroom holding his toothbrush.

 

Oh nothing. I just got you up five minutes earlier than you originally wanted,” Sehun said nonchalantly as he nudged Luhan to start brushing.

 

Speechless, Luhan began brushing his teeth while staring at Sehun's gloating reflection. He's gotten better at this, Luhan thought. He felt strangely proud and a bit apprehensive at the same time. Does this mean he won't be getting a few minutes of extra sleep anymore? No. Right?

 

Luhan shot Sehun a look that basically said,“This is just a one time thing.”

 

Completely understanding the message, Sehun shrugged. “Maybe,” he said, his tone purposefully mysterious.

 

When Luhan's mouth fell open, Sehun laughed. Taking Luhan's toothbrush away from him, Sehun started brushing his teeth for him. Luhan looked at him curiously.

 

Just speeding up the process,” Sehun stated, smiling when Luhan scowled. “Cute.”

 

Ughh. Sehun!

 

When the couple got downstairs, they were met with cheers – Chanyeol and Baekhyun clapping the loudest.

 

Glad you two are back to normal,” Lay said, handing Luhan the juice pitcher.

 

It felt wrong seeing you two like that,” Xiumin added.

 

It was only for a day,” Luhan reasoned.

 

Twenty-four hours too long,” Suho said, flashing his signature warm smile.

 

Luhan couldn't argue with that. He glanced towards Sehun, who was getting something from the fridge.

 

Even twenty-four seconds is too long...

 

Sehun, sensing that Luhan's eyes were on him, turned around and returned his gaze. The corner of his lips tugged upwards, a smirk slowly forming. Sehun raised his eyebrow in a manner that basically said, “You're captivated by me. Admit it.”

 

Luhan rolled his eyes and turned his attention back to the plate of fried eggs in front of him. He heard Sehun chuckle and though he refused to look at his boyfriend, to give him the satisfaction of successfully teasing him, Luhan couldn't stop himself from smiling.

 

At school....

 

After saying bye to Sehun, Luhan walked into his class, expecting to see Jinho in his usual seat, but the boy wasn't there. That's odd. Jinho has never missed a class. Luhan sat down and stared at the empty seat next to him. Is he late?

 

Five minutes before class starts, Luhan texted Jinho.

 

Hey Jinho :) Are you coming to class today?

 

When the professor started his lecture, and Jinho was still not there, Luhan sent him another text.

 

Are you running late?

 

All throughout class, Luhan couldn't keep his mind off of Jinho and why he hasn't replied. Did something happen? Is he okay?

 

As soon as the class ended, Luhan gave Jinho a call. After a few rings, the call went straight to voice mail. He tried three more times, and each time he was unable to get through to Jinho.

 

Jinho, are you okay?

 

Nothing happened right? Are you sick?

 

Call me back when you read this.

 

******

Jinho's not returning my calls,” Luhan quickly said when he met up with Sehun for lunch. “He's not here and I've been trying to get ahold of him and nothing.”

 

Sehun doesn't say anything, instead he held Luhan's hand and started walking towards the cafeteria.

 

Sehun?”

 

I'm sure he's fine.”

 

How do you know? Did he talk to you?”

 

No, but I have a feeling he's okay, so don't worry about him.”

 

Have you tried calling him though? Maybe he'll talk to you.”

 

Doubt it.

 

Is he mad at me?” Luhan suddenly asked, eyes b with concern.

 

No. Why would he be mad at you?”

 

I don't know,” Luhan replied with a frown, probably thinking about the possible reasons why Jinho would be mad at him.

 

He's not mad at you.” Trust me, he's not.

 

But 

 

How about I give him a call later and ask him? Will that put your mind at ease?”

 

Luhan nodded, and Sehun tried his best not to clench his jaw.

 

Even if he rather not talk to Jinho, since he kinda knew why the other boy was missing, Sehun kept his word with Luhan and called the boy after lunch – when Luhan has already left for his next class.

 

The phone rings and Sehun wasn't expecting Jinho to pick up, but he did.

 

Sehun.”

 

Jinho.”

 

There was an awkward silence before Sehun spoke. “Are you okay?” he asked, knowing full well that Jinho wasn't.

 

He saw the look on Jinho's face yesterday at the library. Luhan may not have seen it, but Sehun saw the regret and the hurt coming forth from Jinho. Originally, he wanted to know why those emotions were there in the first place, but later decided that he rather not. It wouldn't help their relationship if he knew. It may make it worse.

 

Did Luhan hyung make you call me?” Jinho asked, knowing full well that Luhan did.

 

Yeah. He's worried about you, so just tell him you're okay or something.”

 

Jinho sighed. “I don't want to lie to him anymore.”

 

What happened yesterday? At the library.”

 

There's a long pause before Jinho answered, “I rather not talk about it.”

 

Did you drink?”

 

Yeah.”

 

Jinho, do you have to be like this?”

 

Like what?”

 

Like this. I know I'm not in the wrong, but why do I feel so damn guilty?” Sehun said irritatedly.

 

Because you're a good person.”

 

Jinho, stop being like this. Can't we just go back to being –”

 

Once something happens, it can't be undone. Time doesn't work like that, Sehun.”

 

Sehun sighed. “But we can try to change how we are right now. I don't want our conversations to be like this. I don't like the tension between us.”

 

I don't either, but it can't be helped, Sehun. I still have feelings for Luhan hyung. I can't force myself to feel better about my situation.” Jinho paused. “I tried,” he said softly, sounding entirely too fragile for Sehun's comfort.

 

Jinho.”

 

I'll text Luhan hyung and tell him I'm sick. You don't have to explain it to him. I gotta go.”

 

Jinho –”

 

The other boy hung up.

 

Sehun stared at his phone for a while. He doesn't know what he should do in a situation like this. Should he try talking to Jinho again? To convince him to move on?

 

Should he tell Luhan about Jinho? Would that solve anything?

 

Sehun squeezed his eyes shut for a second. What should I do?

 

Frankly, Sehun has never been so torn.

 

Two days later....

 

Sehun was walking with Luhan to his classroom, listening to the older boy gush about how excited he was for this break to happen. Luhan was in the middle of telling Sehun that he plan to sleep till three in the afternoon when he abruptly stopped and gasped.

 

Jinho!”

 

Sehun looked at the said boy and immediately noticed that he looked incredibly pale. Jinho had massive bags under his eyes, as if he hasn't slept these past few days, and his shoulders were slump. He was absent these last few days, and Sehun had expected him to rest and return after he recuperated from whatever it was that kept him home. Judging from the exhaustion in Jinho's eyes, that didn't happen.

 

Are you feeling better?” Luhan asked as he walked up to the boy. Sehun unconsciously tightened his grip on Luhan's hand.

 

Yeah,” Jinho said, flashing Luhan a small smile that didn't reach his eyes.

 

It was obvious that Luhan didn't quite believe that, but he didn't question Jinho further.

 

After Jinho entered the classroom first, Sehun told Luhan that he was going to meet with him after class ends. Luhan nodded and told him to have a nice day before he too entered the classroom.

 

Sehun desperately hoped that he does, but with Jinho's reappearance, he's not sure that's possible anymore.

 

******

Luhan noticed that Jinho was oddly quiet during class. He only gave simple answers whenever Luhan asked what happened. Though Luhan had wanted to visit Jinho while he was absent, to check on him, Sehun had advised him not to. Sehun figured that Jinho would need rest and that he didn't want them to worry about him.

 

Now Luhan was beginning to question whether or not that was a good choice. Maybe he should have reached out sooner.

 

When class finished, Luhan packed up his things. “Jinho, do you want to –”

 

Luhan's eyes widened because Jinho had already left without him knowing. Jinho?

 

He rushed out of the classroom in search for the other boy. Eventually, he spotted Jinho opening the door to the emergency staircase before disappearing. Luhan instantly followed.

 

When he opened the door, he called out, “Jinho?”

 

Jinho, who was sitting at the bottom of the flight of stairs, turned around and made eye contact with Luhan.

 

Hyung.”

 

Jinho, are you alright?” Luhan asked as he walked down the steps. He sat down next to Jinho. “Is something wrong?”

 

Jinho shook his head and turned away.

 

Something is bothering you – I can tell. Do you want to talk about it?”

 

Jinho stayed silent, so Luhan assumed that he didn't want to talk, but then Jinho turned to face him.

 

Is this it?” Jinho whispered.

 

Is this what?”

 

My real chance.”

 

He said it so quietly, Luhan almost didn't catch it.

 

Real chance?

 

Huh?”

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~ HI EVERYBODY!!! First, apologies for the late chapter! I made it long so forgive me? :D A lot happened. We have Hunhan making up - YESSSSSSS! ♥ HUNHAN FLUFF IS ALWAYS THE BEST! Then we have creeper Jinho. Lol. He's so stuck on his feelings, he's feeling lost. Poor him :( Then we have charging and uhh that felt fun to write, especially after the angst! And then we have the last scene, where you're probably yelling at me for another cliffhanger - sorta. Lol. It's not that bad of a hanger :P 

 

Next chapter - THINGS ARE GOING DOWN

 

Be prepared. I've warned you. What's about to happen is what I've planned from the beginning. The chapter I've been waiting to write, the scene I've been waiting for. It's coming. If my story was a show, the next chapter will be like the episode that will leave everybody frustrated and desperate for the next episode. Lol. That's how I would describe it. Hopefully, it'll turn out well. 

 

I don't know when the next update will be (I have two midterms next week and a project, so don't expect it to be soon), but I will try to update within a reasonable time frame. Nothing ridiculous like a month, so don't fret :) Thanks for reading! And do comment! 

 

"You lock the door and ravish him like a cookie."  "You don't ravish a cookie. You eat it."  -- True words spoken by Baekyeol. LOL.