The Awareness

All I Care About

 

Bye guys.” Sehun waved at his coworkers as he exited the noraebang. His boss had called him to work early because he decided to close the place early to attend a wedding – which was great because that meant Sehun could spend more time with Luhan.

 

When Sehun got on the train, he dialed a number he had memorized since he was young. A woman picked up from the other line. “Hello. This is Seoul's Spa Land. How may I help you?”

 

Sehun smiled. He really was the best boyfriend ever.

 

Hey, I'm home,” Sehun announced when he stepped in, closing the door behind him. He waited for his boyfriend, who would no doubt come running down the stairs at the sound of his voice. After a minute and there was absolutely nobody, except Kris who past by the door on his way to the living room, Sehun scratched his head. Is he asleep?

 

He went upstairs and opened his bedroom door only to find it empty. That's odd...He should be here.

 

Sehun took a deep breath as he knocked on the door next to his room.

 

You may enter!” A booming voice shouted from the other side.

 

Sehun opened the door and walked in hesitantly because it was best to be cautious when dealing with the occupants of this particular room.

 

Oh! Maknae! What's up?” Chanyeol asked, laying on the floor with his arms and knees in the air. Baekhyun was on top of him, looking quite relaxed despite his uncomfortable position.

 

Erm. What are you doing?”

 

Baekhyun lifting. What else?” Chanyeol demonstrated this “Baekhyun lifting” by bending his arms and knees to bring his boyfriend down. “Fourteen.” He straightened his limbs again and Baekhyun giggled. “See?”

 

Can't you just borrow Kris hyung's weights? Why are you using Baekhyun hyung?”

 

Because he talks,” Chanyeol answered, grinning.

 

He's right. He works out better if I'm here to encourage him,” Baekhyun said with a fond smile.

 

Why do I even bother making sense with these two?

 

Where is Luhan hyung?” Sehun asked, getting straight to the point.

 

He's not with you?”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. “If he was, why would I ask you? Hyung, think before you speak.”

 

Chanyeol placed Baekhyun down on the floor and looked at Sehun. “We haven't seen him since lunch...”

 

Have you check the other rooms?” Baekhyun asked as he got up.

 

I don't need to. If he's not in my room or your room, he's definitely not in the others.”

 

Baekyeol suddenly grabbed each other, holding each other tight. “Y-you don't think...Oh my god.” Baekhyun stared into Chanyeol's eyes, both of them slowly nodding.

 

What? Spit it out,” Sehun demanded, slightly irritated that they were putting on a play for him.

 

We have to file a report,” Chanyeol stated, eyes unnaturally grim.

 

Why?”

 

Because he's missing!” Baekhyun shrieked and “fainted” into Chanyeol's waiting arms.

 

Sehun groaned. He really shouldn't have entered their lair. This was pointless.

 

He promptly left the room before they said anything else. He pulled out his phone and pressed the first number on his speed dial. It rang a few times, causing Sehun to panic slightly because Luhan usually picked up after two rings. Why isn't he answering?!

 

Just when he was about to hang up and try again, someone picked up.

 

Hello?”

 

Sehun tensed. That wasn't his boyfriend's voice. No. Definitely not Luhan's.

 

But it was familiar.

 

Jinho?”

 

Yes.”

 

Wha-How-Why-Where is Luhan???”

 

He's with me. We were working on a project in the library and he well – he fell asleep. He's pretty much knocked out.”

 

Sehun lets out a sigh of relief. “Where are you guys? I'll come get him.”

 

There was a slight pause on the other end before Jinho answered, “The fifth floor.”

 

F-fifth floor? FIFTH FLOOR?!

 

I'll be right there,” Sehun said, hanging up immediately. He rushed out of his room, ran down the staircase, jumping the last few steps and he was out the door before Suho could ask him where he was going.

 

Sehun wasn't so clear as to why, but he started running. Luhan was fine, and he was with Jinho, so there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

 

But Sehun couldn't shake off this weird feeling he got when Jinho told him they were on the fifth floor. The floor he remembered Chanyeol referred to as the “Friendly Floor.”

 

He felt uneasy for reasons he can't yet explain.

 

When he got on campus, he sprinted towards the library. He didn't bother using the elevators, choosing instead to use the emergency staircase.

 

Where are they?

 

He started searching for his boyfriend when he got on the right floor. He looked around each corner, noting that Baekyeol was right, there were quite a few lounge chairs hidden in the corners, a few of them occupied by couples who had something other than studying on their minds. He ran past the rows of bookcases, glancing at the other end in case Luhan and Jinho were on the other side.

 

Just when he was about to take out his phone and call Jinho again, he spotted his boyfriend's honey brown hair at a corner, head down on a small table, with Jinho sitting across from him.

 

He walked towards them and before he could wave his hand to indicate that he was here, something caught his attention. He stopped in his tracks.

 

There across from him, just a few feet away, was Jinho and Luhan.

 

Luhan and Jinho.

 

He knew they were classmates, but he's never actually seen them together. Alone.

 

Without him.

 

They were both close to him, but why did the image of them together stir something deep inside of him. What was it?

 

Without even knowing why, Sehun held his breath as Jinho's eyes moved from his laptop screen to Luhan, who was still sleeping, snoring slightly.

 

When Jinho's gaze lingered a little too long on his boyfriend, Sehun felt slightly uncomfortable, but he ignored it.

 

Hey.”

 

Jinho's eyes shot towards him, surprised. “Oh hey Sehun.”

 

Sehun walked up to the table, his eyes on the sleeping figure. “How long has he been asleep?”

 

Jinho checked his watch. “About an hour. I think.”

 

Oh. You didn't want to wake him?”

 

I couldn't. He's sleeping so peacefully. I didn't want to bother him.”

 

Sehun nodded, understanding why Jinho thought so. He grabbed Luhan's backpack from under the table and started putting his textbooks and laptop in it. He swung it over his shoulders before he turned his attention to his sleeping boyfriend.

 

Sehun gently patted Luhan's back. “Lu. Wake up.”

 

When the boy doesn't respond, Sehun bent down to be eye level with the boy. “Lu. It's time to go home,” he said as he brushed Luhan's bangs away from his eyes.

 

Sehun.” Luhan mumbled so quietly that Sehun almost didn't catch it.

 

Yes. I'm here. Come on. Get up.”

 

Luhan's eyes slowly opened and he blinked a few times, eyes trying to adjust to the light. “Sehun.”

 

Sehun smiled. “Yeah. Come on, Bambi. Time to leave.”

 

The corners of Luhan's lips curved upwards. “Sehun-ah.”

 

Sehun smiled. He leaned in to give his boyfriend a kiss.

 

Most of the time he didn't think about anything else when he kissed Luhan, but right now, at the back of his head, he wondered if Jinho was watching.

 

Are you going to wake up now?” he asked when he parted their lips. Luhan grinned and slowly nodded. “Good.”

 

Luhan sat up with the paper that was underneath him sticking to his face. The older boy frowned. Sehun chuckled and took the paper away. He was about to crumpled it up when the boy grabbed his hand.

 

Sehun-ah, don't throw it away! That's my homework.”

 

Oh. I'll put it in your backpack.” He quickly stuffed the worksheet in Luhan's backpack.

 

Sorry about falling asleep,” Luhan said, eyes apologetic towards Jinho, who shook his head.

 

No, hyung, it's okay. Nothing to be sorry about. You were tired.” Jinho smiled at Luhan.

 

Sehun took a hold of Luhan's hand – their fingers automatically lacing. “We'll be leaving now. See you around, Jinho.”

 

Bye Jinho,” Luhan said as Sehun led him away.

 

Bye.”

 

Sehun wasn't sure if he heard right, but Jinho sounded disappointed. Sad. Why?

 

Oh thank goodness you're home!” Baekyeol rushed over to hug Luhan, but the boy held out his hands.

 

Why didn't you tell Sehun I was at the library? I told you during lunch that I was going to be there. You had Sehun all worried.”

 

Baekyeol nervously chuckled. “Oops..We forgot?”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. “Is that why you were being overly dramatic before? To play with me?”

 

Baekyeol nodded. “Was it fun?”

 

Ugh. Hyung. Shut up.”

 

Baekhyun grinned before he turned to Luhan, hands grabbing his shoulders. “So how was it? Having a worried Sehun race over to the library to come get you? Romantic eh?”

 

Luhan raised a brow and Sehun scoffed. “I found him asleep. Thankfully, he wasn't alone. He was with Jinho.”

 

J-Jinho?”

 

Jinho?!”

 

Chanyeol's eyes widen and Baekhyun looked like he was in the process of a meltdown.

 

Yes. Jinho.”

 

Baekyeol started shaking Luhan. “Hyunggg. Why didn't you tell us you were going to the library with Jinho??!?”

 

Luhan shrugged. “I didn't think it mattered?”

 

It MATTERS!” Baekhyun hollered, shaking Luhan continuously with Chanyeol joining him a second later.

 

When the shaking got a bit too violent, Sehun swatted their hands away. “Stop shaking him!”

 

Baekhyun, after collecting himself, cleared his throat. “Luhan hyung, Kyungsoo baked some chocolate chip cookies. It's in the kitchen.”

 

Luhan's eyes widen. “Really?” He was gone before Baekhyun could even answer.

 

Before Sehun could follow him, Baekyeol grabbed him by the arms and dragged him into the nearest bathroom, locking it after they got inside.

 

What are you doing?” Sehun asked, eyeing them suspiciously as they took a seat. Chanyeol sat on the toilet, with the seat down, and Baekhyun sat on the sink. Sehun didn't like the idea of being trapped in a small bathroom with these two.

 

Getting you alone. We need a private meeting.”

 

Sehun arched his brow. “You baited my boyfriend with cookies?”

 

Chanyeol nodded with a smile. “Don't worry. Kyungsoo really did make cookies. He'll be fine.”

 

Sehun crossed his arms. “So tell me....Why am I stuck in a bathroom with you two?”

 

Baekhyun took a deep breath. “Sehun. We need you to promise that you'll be open minded to whatever it is we're going to tell you. Please don't hit us or anything.” This is strange. He sounds dead serious.

 

Fine. Promise I won't hit you.”

 

And?”

 

I'll promise to listen to what you have to say.”

 

Okay.” Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol, who nodded. “Remember when we said someone was hitting on Luhan hyung at the skating rink? It was Jinho. Your friend.”

 

Sehun furrowed his brows. “Um. What?”

 

Sehun, we have a feeling --”

 

A very baddd feeling.”

 

That Jinho likes Luhan hyung.” What?

 

Sehun's eyes darted between Baekhyun and Chanyeol, trying to detect the lie, but seeing as to how neither of them avoided his gaze, he concluded that they weren't lying.

 

But still..... Jinho likes Luhan?

 

That's not possible,” Sehun said, shaking his head.

 

Chanyeol sighed. “But it is. Jinho may be your friend, but he's still a guy with wants and needs. And emotions.”

 

Sehun shuddered at how Chanyeol said “emotions.”

 

But why would he like Luhan hyung if he knows we're together?” Sehun asked – a question he thought was completely reasonable. Why would he?

 

Sometimes you can't help who you fall for,” Baekhyun answered. He bit his lip and looked at Sehun. “You know how that feels right?”

 

Sehun slowly nodded. Baekhyun was right. He knew exactly how that felt because he too didn't know he was going to fall for his roommate. At the beginning, he wanted nothing to do with Luhan, but that gradually changed and before he knew he was in love with the older boy. Once his heart started beating for Luhan, there was no going back.

 

But Jinho --”

 

He's not doing anything to take Luhan hyung away. He's still loyal to you as a friend. But that doesn't mean he won't.”

 

Jinho taking Luhan away from him? The idea was so absurd, Sehun wanted to laugh, but then the image of the two at the library resurfaced and a lump formed in his throat.

 

Eventually, he'll break. He'll submit to his feelings and --”

 

Sehun held up a hand to stop Baekhyun from continuing. “How are you sure he has these feelings for Luhan hyung?”

 

Can't you tell from the way he looks at Luhan hyung?”

 

Sehun shook his head. He never really paid attention to how Jinho looked at Luhan. It wasn't something he needed to be aware of.

 

Baekhyun sighed. “Sehun, we just wanted to let you know so you could be aware. We could be wrong --”

 

Chanyeol coughed, “Doubt it.”

 

But just keep it in mind.”

 

Knock Knock

 

Luhan opened the door and when he caught sight of the three of them in the bathroom, his eyes widen. “Why are you all in the bathroom?”

 

Chanyeol stood up from his spot. “To meet. Why else?”

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and hopped off. “We were just leaving hyung. Are there any more cookies?”

 

Luhan hummed. “Kyungsoo won't let me eat them all, so yes there are a few left.”

 

They left the bathroom – Sehun following Luhan back into the kitchen, where the older boy tried taking a few more cookies, using “But Sehun wanted to give his share to me,” as an excuse.

 

The conversation he had with Baekyeol lingered in his mind as he watched Luhan and Baekyeol harass Kyungsoo to bake more cookies. Can't possibly be....true?

 

Hey Lu,” Sehun whispered later that night.

 

Hmm?” Luhan mumbled, his head tucked underneath Sehun's chin.

 

Is it possible to like someone and not do anything about it? Is there a way to --”

 

Luhan's head shot up and he turned to face Sehun, eyes alarmed. “Who are you talking about? It better not --”

 

Sehun quickly shook his head. “No. It's not me. Just a general question.”

 

Oh. Okay.” He laid back down, wrapping his arms around Sehun's waist – tighter this time. “Continue.”

 

So is it possible? To like someone secretly? To not act on those feelings?”

 

Hmmm. I think it's possible. Wouldn't it be unrequited love? The person probably knows he doesn't stand a chance, so he doesn't do anything about it. He keeps it bottled up inside.”

 

But wouldn't it hurt to keep it hidden?”

 

Yes. But some are able to move on.”

 

Some?”

 

Luhan nodded. “Others aren't so lucky. They'll be so consumed by their pent-up feelings that one day, it'll just all explode. And usually that means something bad.”

 

Explode?”

 

KABOOM! FEELS!”

 

Luhan chuckled, pleased with his little sound effect. Sehun, choosing to ignore his boyfriend's small outburst, sighed and pulled him closer.

 

How do you know so much about this?”

 

Because I watch too many movies remember?”

 

Who would have thought that would come in handy...” Sehun teased, resulting in Luhan poking him in the ribs.

 

Any more questions?” Luhan asked, after settling himself in his favorite spot – his usual spot on Sehun.

 

One last question.”

 

Okay.”

 

What if the person that the admirer likes have someone else? A lover.”

 

Hmmm. It usually ends up with them fighting.”

 

Who would you root for?”

 

The admirer,” Luhan said without hesitation. Sehun's pulse quicken.

 

W-what? Why??”

 

Because the lover tends to be a jerk that doesn't deserve to be with the person.”

 

Sehun decided that Luhan's drama watching habit isn't so good after all. “Well w-what if he's not?”

 

Well then, I usually root for whoever the main character likes. It is ultimately his or her choice that determines the ending.”

 

What about me?”

 

What about you?”

 

Would you root for me?”

 

For what?”

 

Just answer the question!”

 

Luhan lifted his head and Sehun sensed his confusion. He was surprised when Luhan answered confidently, “Yes.”

 

Why?”

 

Luhan wiggled his eyebrows, playfulness written all over his grin. Because that's what you want to hear.

 

Luuuu,” Sehun whined.

 

Luhan giggled. “Kidding.”

 

Sehun gave him a dry laugh.

 

Luhan curled into Sehun, smiling as he did so. “I'll always choose you, Sehun-ah.”

 

Good.” Sehun closed his eyes, feeling slightly happier than before. He has never doubted Luhan's love for him, but why did it feel good to hear Luhan say that he'll always choose him?

 

What about me?” Luhan asked, the question interrupting his thoughts.

 

What about you?”

 

Would you always choose me?”

 

Sehun pondered the question for a second. “Depends.”

 

Depends? On what?”

 

On how responsive you are.”

 

R-responsive? Responsive to wha – umphh!”

 

Sehun found out that Luhan was indeed very responsive –

 

The red scratch marks on his back as solid proof.

 

And Luhan found out that in Sehun's heart there will only be Luhan.

 

No question about it.

 

 

 

~~~~~~ FLUFF!! AWWWW. And good for Baekyeol for telling Sehun. Now it's pretty much in Sehun's head, although he is doubting it... Understand that Jinho is his friend. Sooo.... Yeah. If you paid attention to the beginning, I have a spa trip planned for the next chapter. Should be fun. But heads up, Hunhan are not the only two going. Hehehe. Oh and the conversation between Hunhan....Hmmm. I wonder why I put that there....Lol. I'm sure it's obvious. 

Favorite parts - Baekyeol trolling Sehun, Luhan repeatedly calling Sehun's name until he kissed him (I just find Sehunnie kissing his Lulu awake very cute), and Baekyeol using cookies to bait Luhan away so they could meet with Sehun. Lol. Who remembered them having a meeting with Luhan in the same bathroom in ICCL? Funny how this time they have the other half of Hunhan locked inside. 

Also, Luhan's "KABOOM! FEELS!" was ADORABLE. OMG. ♥♥

Thanks for reading! I will update again soon. And we get to meet someone who hasn't made an appearance yet, though she was mentioned.