The Affirmation

All I Care About

 

Yes.

 

One word.

 

One simple answer.

 

Yes.

 

A word defined as an affirmative reply.

 

A word consisting of merely 3 letters.

 

Yet the impact that a simple “Yes” could have on him was far greater than Luhan had anticipated.

 

He stood there, face expressionless. His posture stiff. His eyes blank – void of any comprehension.

 

But it wasn't because he was surprised.

 

No, in fact, he had long since suspected the president's feelings for Sehun. The way she looks at him. The tone she uses to talk to him. The way she acts around him. It wasn't exactly rocket science to figure out that she was quite fond of Sehun.

 

Even so, he didn't expect her to be as open about it as she is now.

 

And that is why he was rooted to his spot, stunned.

 

His mind still trying to process the fact that this girl in front of him had just admitted to having feelings for his boyfriend.

 

Is this really happening?

 

Luhan?” She called him, snapping him back to reality.

 

He looked at her, and when she returned his gaze with apologetic eyes, Luhan concluded that this is really happening. This wasn't something he had imagined.

 

The president has feelings for Sehun.

 

His Sehun.

 

Luhan, are you okay?” she asked, voice oddly concerned.

 

And Luhan doesn't understand why.

 

Did she honestly not think he would react this way? Is she possibly playing the innocent card?

 

Am I supposed to be?” he replied with a steady voice, or as steady as he could muster. His eyes met hers, and she looked at him with worried eyes, but if he looked closer, Luhan could catch the sadness that lies behind them. He wondered why.

 

She shook her head. “No. I-I understand. It was a stupid question. I'm...I'm sorry.”

 

Luhan simply looked at her, unsure as to what she was sorry about – the question or the confession?

 

I would react like that too if I were you. Luhan, I'm....I'm sorry. Really.” She looked down at her feet, and Luhan has a feeling she was trying to hide her tears.

 

Normally, he would have felt bad at the sight of someone crying, but today was different.

 

Sympathy wasn't one of the emotions he was currently bombarded with.

 

Even though right now, he wanted nothing more than to run to where Sehun was and bury his face in Sehun's chest, to have his boyfriend comfort him, Luhan knew that he won't be able to let this go until he found out the whole truth. He wanted answers.

 

Since when have you felt that way towards Sehun?” he choked out.

 

She slowly lifted her head up, and as he predicted, she had tears in her eyes. She sniffed. “I've liked him since...since high school.”

 

Luhan blinked. High school?.....They knew each other since high school?

 

So you've liked him longer than I have...” he mutterd, the words stinging him.

 

She blinked rapidly at him. “Th-that's not what I'm trying to say. I-I just... Luhan, I'm --”

 

Have you ever told him about how you feel?”

 

And that was when the tears started rolling down, but she quickly wiped them away as she gave Luhan a small nod.

 

When?”

 

She looked at him, and Luhan felt as though she was silently pleading for him to stop asking her such questions, as if these questions were hurting her. Luhan stared back at her, letting her know that these questions were painful for him too.

 

She took a deep breath. “I confessed to him during my last year of high school. He... He told me that he can't like me back. He only saw me as a....a f-friend.”

 

Hearing the hurt in her voice when she said “friend,” Luhan found himself smacked between two opposite emotions. 

 

On one hand, he suddenly felt pity towards her because if someone he liked for a very long time told him that, he would have been terribly hurt. He'd be heartbroken actually.

 

But on the other hand, he felt glad (borderline relieved) because the person she liked is his current boyfriend after all. If Sehun had accepted her confession, then who knows where they would be today. Would Luhan even be a part of the picture?...

 

I tried leaving it all behind me when I entered college, and for a whole year, I almost forgot about my feelings for him. But that changed when he ended up attending Suk-Myeong University as well...” Her voice started shaking towards the end, and Luhan felt his chest tightening.

 

A-all of my f-feelings came rushing back and it was torture having to feel those emotions again. I knew nothing will ever happen, but deep down, I was hoping maybe he would change how he felt about me. Maybe he would accept my feelings and return them. But then --” She looked at Luhan, eyes tearing up as she did so. “-- you came along.”

 

Luhan would have felt guilty for being the reason behind her tears, but his mind told him that Sehun and her were not an item to begin with, so it wasn't his fault.

 

She may have known Sehun longer than he has, and she had feelings for him well before Luhan became Sehun's roommate, but in the end, Sehun chose him.

 

Luhan knows he shouldn't feel guilty for being the person Sehun loves.

 

I knew it was definitely over when you came along – but then again, we weren't anything to begin with.”

 

You must hate me,” Luhan said.

 

She shook her head. “No. You did nothing wrong. Besides, you're so darn lovable and perfect, I'd be surprised if anyone hated you.” She gave him a small smile.

 

I'm not perfect.”

 

Well, in Sehun's eyes, you are pretty close to perfect.”

 

Luhan smiled at this because even if he disagrees, it was true – Sehun does find him close to perfect. During his midnight snacking session, a sleepy Sehun, who was forced to come downstairs to look for him, would often mumble about how Luhan would be perfect if it wasn't for his cavity inducing love for anything sweet.

 

And you have such a beautiful smile. I can see why Sehun loves it.”

 

Hm?”

 

I often catch him staring at you, and whenever you smile, his face seems to brighten. The way he treats you is so different from how he treats other people. He looks at you with such adoring eyes, I found myself feeling extremely jealous. You released a side of Sehun I've never seen before. The sweet loving side. He's been smiling more. And I know it's wrong and pointless for me to think so, but... sometimes I wish I was the reason behind his smile,” she admitted with a forced smile. Clearly, it was hard for her to tell him that.

 

He walked over to her and placed his hands on her shoulders. He smiled reassuringly at her. “I'm sure you'll find a person who smiles because of you.”

 

She bit her bottom lip and looked away. “You're so nice. I feel like a horrible person. You probably hate me.”

 

Luhan lets go of her shoulders and moved to stand in her line of vision. “No. I'm actually grateful you told me the truth.”

 

She blinked at him. “Even if the truth was about how I like --”

 

Yes. Even if it was about you liking my boyfriend.” Luhan placed his hands on his hips, giving her a fake stern look.

 

She giggled and Luhan chuckled.

 

I'm sorry,” she says again. “I want you to know that I've never once wanted to steal him away from you. It's true.”

 

Luhan arched his eyebrow. “Really? Then how come you put us in different teams?”

 

She blushed. “The teams were decided based on whose name I picked out of a hat. It wasn't intentional! You can ask Hongki. He was there.”

 

How about the fact that you treat him a lot better than you do the other members?”

 

She blushed even harder at this. “I-I'm sorry. I'm just use to treating him like that. Force of habit. I had no idea you would notice these sorts of things.”

 

I notice everything when it comes to Sehun.” He glared at her, but it wasn't to express anything negative. It was more of him letting her know that he's always watching.

 

She smiled and raised her right hand. “I won't do such things again. Swear.”

 

Luhan folded his arms and smirked. “I guess I should thank you for not going after him?”

 

She laughed. “We both know he'll always choose you.”

 

Luhan smiled. “Yes. We do.”

 

She exhaled. “I'm really happy I finally got all of this off my chest.”

 

Good, but can I ask you something?”

 

Yeah. Sure.”

 

Will you ever....stop liking him?”

 

She hesitated for a second before nodding. “To be honest, I think my feelings for Sehun have slowly faded, especially when you came into his life. It may be hard, but I'm learning to let go.”

 

If you need any help, let me know. I will surely point you in the right direction.” The direction that doesn't have Sehun in it.

 

Thanks for hearing me out. I know other people wouldn't have.”

 

No problem. But I must warn you – I may be nice now, but I don't think I will be as forgiving if I catch you touching him again. It'll be war then.”

 

They both laughed. Both feeling better now that everything was out in the open, yet closed. Luhan felt like a weight has been lifted off his shoulders. The rest of the trip was looking brighter.

 

We should go back,” she suggested. 

 

Yeah. We've been gone for quite some time.” Luhan and the president turned to make their way back to the others. “They're probably worried.”

 

Well, one person for sure.”

 

Who?--”

 

THERE YOU ARE!” Luhan's favorite voice shouted as they turned the corner, entering the backyard of the lodge.

 

Sehun rushed over and glared at Luhan. “Where were you?! I was worried Hongki pushed you in another ditch and you were too fat from eating all that barbequed meat to climb out!”

 

The president giggled, startling Sehun, who apparently didn't even notice her.

 

I'll leave you two alone,” the president said. Before she left them, she turned around and smiled at Luhan.

 

Luhan grinned. It feels better not having to worry about –

 

What are you grinning about?”

 

Luhan looked at Sehun, who is staring at him, confused.

 

Next thing he knew, his hands were cupping Sehun's surprised face and his lips were pressing against Sehun's.

 

Luhan kissed Sehun, and everything was alright again. Yes. 

 

He felt his whole body becoming positively euphoric with the feel, the familiar taste, of Sehun's lips.

 

It's been forever since they've last kissed. Luhan wanted to show Sehun how much he missed him and his sweet lips, so he proceeds to kiss the taller boy again and again.

 

Sehun, apparently missed him too because as soon as he got over the surprise of Luhan suddenly attacking him, he wrapped his arms around him and pulled him closer. His lips happily returning Luhan's kisses.

 

When Luhan pulled away with his hands still cupping Sehun's face, the taller boy frowned. Luhan felt his heart beating faster at the mere sight of Sehun wanting more of him.

 

Sehun-ah.”

 

Yeah?”

 

He patted Sehun's face. “Don't ever call me fat again.”

 

Sehun snorted. “Yeah, well don't make me worry about you again.”

 

Luhan shook his head. “No can do.”

 

Sehun's grip around his waist tighten. “Why not?”

 

Because I'm unpredictable. You should always be on your toes. Constantly thinking about me and what I'm doing, or what trouble I'm possibly getting myself into.” Luhan winked at him. “I live on the edge.”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. “Oh no. I have a wild Bambi who claims to live on the edge, but in reality, he's never even seen the edge.”

 

Oh I've seen the edge.”

 

I don't think the edge of your favorite cakes count.”

 

Yahhh.”

 

Sehun laughed. “Cute.”

 

Luhan huffed. “You have to stop using the word cute to describe me.”

 

Kawaii.”

 

Sehunnn.” Luhan pried Sehun's arms off of him.

 

Lindo.”

 

Lindo?”

 

Yeah. It's Spanish for cute,” Sehun explained.

 

Luhan made a displeased face. “Not funny.” He was about to pout, but realized that it would only give Sehun more reasons to pick on him.

 

You were going to pout weren't you?” Sehun asked, a smirk slowly making its way across his face.

 

Luhan folded his arms across his chest. “No, I was not.”

 

Righhhtttt.”

 

I wasn't!”

 

Sehun laughed. “Okay okay. You weren't. Sorry. Maybe you are unpredictable.” He smiled at Luhan before grabbing his hand to lead him towards the house.

 

Luhan looked down at their interlocked fingers and smiled. “Do I really bring the sweet side out of you?”

 

Sehun looked at him weird. “Who told you that?”

 

Just answer it.”

 

No. You bring out the 'I do cheesy things because I love my boyfriend an insane amount' side.”

 

Luhan laughed. “That's also known as your sweet side.” He squeezed Sehun's hand. “I love your sweet side.”

 

Sehun stopped walking and looks at him. “Mignon.”

 

Mignon?”

 

French for cute.”

 

Sehun chuckled when Luhan pretends to pry his hand away from Sehun's grip.

 

How do you even know French?”

 

Chanyeol hyung took a French course because he wanted to prove to Baekhyun hyung that he could be just as romantic as any other person. Sadly for me, I was the person he practiced his French on.”

 

Why French?”

 

Because it's the language of love – at least that's what he told me.”

 

Luhan laughed. “So did Baekhyun find his French romantic?”

 

Sehun grinned. “Nope. Baekhyun hyung couldn't understand a word he was saying. It probably wasn't correct anyway. He got a C in the class.”

 

Well, it's the effort that counts...”

 

I hope you're not thinking about me learning French because I'm not doing it.”

 

Why not? It's the language of love. And you love me an insane amount don't you?” Luhan teased.

 

Sehun groaned. “Tuez moi maintenant.” (Kill me now)

 

Aww. It does sound romantic,” Luhan admitted as he looked dreamily at Sehun. “What did you say?”

 

Uhm. Let's go inside.”

 

 

 

~~~~~~ SORRY GUYS!!! I know it has been FOREVER since I last updated, but I've been busy with school. It's finals week, so I wasn't able to write anything. Fall semester is ending Monday, so I will have more time to write! 

 

I hope you liked the chapter! Again, apologies for making you wait so long. Lol. I felt bad so I threw in some awesome Hunhan fluff at the end! :) ♥ They're so cute! Yes, I know the picture at the beginning made it looked like Luhan was going to be all hurt and stuff, but he's stronger than that! Lol. He handled the situation well, at least I think so.. Also, the president is a year older than Sehun, so he was a freshman and she was a sophomore in high school when they met. She liked him for about 4 years.... But it's time to let go! Sehun is taken! Hehehe. Hongki will soon make his move though :)

 

I am totally looking forward to EXO's new album! I'm just itching to click on a pre-order button! Lol. And so much Hunhan action over the past few weeks! LOVE IT. My favorite moment from their MAMA trip - 

 

I was squealing like crazy. Lol! Also there was this adorable Baekyeol moment -

Just imagine Chanyeol whispering French nonsense in Baekhyun's ear. LOLL!! 

 

Thanks for reading! Subscribe and comment :D I will update again soon.