The Awkward

All I Care About

Sehun haven't spoken to or seen Jinho since the library incident, and he wasn't avoiding him or anything (it just happened), so when Jinho had texted him Friday, asking him to meet up, Sehun was somewhat surprised – though he had a feeling he knew why his friend was requesting to meet.

Hey,” Sehun greeted, taking a seat across from Jinho, who suggested he ordered something. Sehun told him that he was fine – he'll eat later with Luhan. Jinho nodded, hands firm around his glass of water, not really looking Sehun in the eyes. “What's up?”

 

Jinho looked up, eyes apologetic. “I-I heard that you'll be at the resort this weekend.” Ah.

 

Sehun was right. This was why Jinho had wanted to meet him. Sehun was expecting this – his aunt and Jinho's mom are best friends after all. He also anticipated what came out of Jinho's mouth next.

 

I got invited. She's insisting that I come, but since I know that you probably just want to be alone with Luhan hyung, I declined. I'm sure she's bombarding you with calls and I'm sorry.”

 

You don't have to apologize. It's fine. You – you should come.”

 

Jinho's eyes widen. “W-what? Are you sure?”

 

Sehun sighed and nodded. “Yeah. My aunt was freaking out, thinking that we're on bad terms. So if you come along, that will give her peace of mind.”

 

But I really don't want to intrude. I can just tell her I have plans and –”

 

No. She'll only pester us more. You know she was really happy when she heard that we're attending the same school.”

 

Yeah. My mom too.”

 

So just come with.”

 

But --”

 

It won't be just Luhan and me. A few of my other hyungs are coming, so it'll be fun. Just a group of friends going to a resort, so don't feel uncomfortable.”

 

Jinho sighed. “I really don't think --”

 

You're coming. That's final. I'll call my aunt now and tell her.” Sehun took out his phone and dialed the number while Jinho quietly sat there, looking uncertain about the whole thing. When he was done with the call, Sehun gave Jinho a smile. “Don't worry. My hyungs are nice people.” Well, at least Sulay.

 

Jinho swallowed. “I'll look forward to meeting them then.”

 

Alright. Come over to my place. We're leaving at noon.”

 

 

When he came home and told Baekyeol about Jinho coming along, they blinked at him a few times, as if unsure they had heard right, before eventually freaking out.

 

WHATTTTT?!?! WHY IS HE COMING?”

 

Because he's invited.”

 

WHY ARE YOU LETTING HIM COME? HE'S NOT PART OF THE GROUP!”

 

Hyung, he's still my friend – even if you two aren't fond of him.”

 

After calming down, Baekhyun took a deep breath. “What kind of rude person invites himself to a trip?”

 

Sehun scoffed. “Last I checked, it was you two.”

 

FLASHBACK

 

What!? We're going to a spa resort?! With a hot spring?! And sauna?! And –”

 

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes to everything else you want to ask.” Sehun chuckled and pinched Luhan's nose. “You're excited aren't you?”

 

Luhan grinned. “It'll be like a couple retreat.”

 

Couples retreat?” Baekyeol asked, wide grins on their faces as they walked into his room, uninvited (and unwanted). Sehun noted how they made the word “couple” plural. NOOO!

 

What Luhan and Sehun didn't know was that Baekyeol was outside their door the whole time – waiting for the opportune time to come in.

 

Baekhyun hopped on the bed and pulled Luhan into a tight hug. “Hyung, that's a great idea! We should go relax and enjoy ourselves. It's going to be fabulous!”

 

When Baekhyun released Luhan, the older boy turned to Sehun, looking slightly confused.

 

Chanyeol nodded, a stupid grin still on his face, and chanted, “Couples retreat! Couples retreat!”

 

Sehun groaned. “Who said you two would come along? It's just going to be Luhan hyung and me. No third parties involved.”

 

Baekhyun scoffed. “That's boring.”

 

It's not boring for us,” Sehun snarled.

 

They ignored him and started updating their statuses on twitter. Sehun had always wondered why anyone would follow these two.

 

Where are we going exactly?” Baekhyun asked, eyes glued to his phone screen. “Which spa resort?”

 

You don't need to know because you're not going!”

 

Baekhyun looked up to find Sehun glaring at him. He smiled devilishly. “Don't be so mysterious, Sehun. You can save yourself and Luhan hyung the trouble by telling us now or else....”

 

Is that a threat?” Sehun asked, instinctively pulling Luhan away from Baekhyun – keeping his boyfriend a safe distance from the boy. For a second, his mind wondered to the bat that was underneath their bed.

 

Chanyeol chuckled. “He's serious, Sehun. You better tell us because we're the ones driving.”

 

Sehun groaned and flopped down on the bed. “Why are you insisting on coming along?”

 

Because we're a couple and this is a couples retreat. Duh. Now where are we going?!”

 

Don't keep our followers waiting! They're dying to know.”

 

Kill me now.

 

Sehun-ah, it'll be fun,” Luhan said, hugging Sehun from the side. “It's not like they'll be with us the whole time.”

 

Before Sehun could say anything, Baekyeol threw their fists in the air. “That's final! Bambi has spoken! We're going!!”

 

They did a celebratory dance – something Sehun wished he never has to witness ever again. They were thanking Luhan as they provocatively their pelvises, all while dodging the pillows Sehun was hurling at them.

 

Baekhyun suddenly stopped. “We're forgetting something.”

 

What?” Chanyeol asked.

 

It's a trip for couples, so aren't we forgetting --”

 

SULAY!”

 

The pair rushed out of the room, screaming, “SULAY, GUESS WHAT? WE'RE GOING ON A WEEKEND TRIP! HUNHAN'S IDEA!”

 

Sehun groaned. “So much for a quiet, relaxing weekend.”

 

Luhan giggled and scooted closer to him. “We can each do our own thing once we get there. Shouldn't be too bad,” he said, nuzzling Sehun's neck.

 

When Luhan started kissing him, Sehun was almost convinced that it might not be too bad, but of course –

 

Hey hyung, do you have a speedo? Should we go shopping for some?” Baekhyun asked, popping his head in their room. S-speedo?!

 

Chanyeol's head appeared a second later. “Baek, why would you ask that? We're all going in .”

 

THE HELL WE WILL!” Sehun hollered.

 

Awwww,” Baekyeol cooed. “Is someone a little insecure?”

 

GET OUT!!!”

 

FLASHBACK ENDS

 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes. “Hey, we're not the one with the hots for Luhan hyung.”

 

Sehun bit his bottom lip – he was still not comfortable with the idea that Jinho may have feelings for his boyfriend. May.

 

Nothing will happen,” Sehun said more to himself than to the pair.

 

Of course not. We're going to be there,” Baekhyun said simply.

 

He's going to wish he never came,” Chanyeol added, fire in his eyes.

 

Sehun sighed. “Can we at least give him the benefit of the doubt? Please.”

 

Baekyeol exchanged glances before looking at Sehun. “Fine. But don't expect us to be mates with the dude.”

 

 

******

The day of the trip....

 

This is probably the dumbest thing you have ever done, Jinho told himself as he walked up the driveway belonging to the address Sehun had given him.

 

When he saw the other boys putting things in the back of the van, Jinho swallowed and gripped his duffel bag. Nothing good can come out of this.

 

Jinho!” Luhan called out after spotting the boy. He looked extremely excited, if the blinding smile on his face was any indication. There really is no turning back now.

 

Jinho gave the older boy a small wave before he walked up to the group, who all turned to look at him when Luhan had brought him to their attention. Jinho gulped, feeling nervous – he felt really out of place.

 

Next to Luhan were two guys Jinho had never seen before. They looked nice though, judging from the way they were smiling at him, unlike Baekhyun and Chanyeol, who eyed him like he was some sort of threat. Great.

 

Jinho, this is my hyung Suho,” Sehun introduced, gesturing towards the average height guy with the really sweet smile.

 

Jinho shook hands with Suho. “Hey. I'm Jinho. Nice to meet you.”

 

Nice to you meet you too.” He gestured towards the other guy that Jinho didn't know, the one with the dimples. “This is my boyfriend, Lay.”

 

Jinho held out his hand, and Lay smiled before he took it. “Nice to finally meet you, Jinho,” he said sincerely. Jinho smiled. They seem nice.

 

Ahem,” Baekhyun coughed. “Let's get going.” He opened the door to the front passenger seat and got in, not sparing Jinho a second glance. He really doesn't like me..

 

Somehow when they all got situated, Luhan ended up sitting between Jinho and Sehun, and Suho and Lay took the back seats and Chanyeol ended up driving.

 

For the first part of the drive, Jinho chatted with Suho and Lay, who were genuinely interested in getting to know him. And he had no problem answering their questions. He even asked them a few questions in return. He was pleased to find out that they were in fact good people.

 

He almost didn't notice Sehun and Luhan whispering in each other's ears, laughing, being touchy.

 

During the second part of the drive, Jinho took out his iPod to listen to some music because his conversation with Suho and Lay ended after Lay fell asleep, using Suho's shoulders as his pillow. He looked out the window and frowned – they've been stuck in traffic for about an hour now.

 

From the corner of his eye, he could see Luhan slowly nodding off. Sehun was looking out his window, talking on the phone with someone (probably his aunt), so he didn't notice that Luhan had fallen asleep.

 

When Luhan's head started leaning towards him, Jinho could feel his heart accelerating. The thought of Luhan falling asleep on his shoulder proved to be too much for him to handle. His hands suddenly felt damp and he blinked a few times before turning to look straight ahead.

 

He cursed himself for anticipating.

 

Just when Luhan's head was about to come into contact with his shoulder, a hand appeared from Luhan's other side and palmed his face – preventing him from sleeping on Jinho.

 

It was Sehun's hand.

 

Jinho looked at him.

 

Sehun, after noticing his boyfriend's position, had reached out and brought the sleeping boy over to his side, putting his head on his shoulder. Their eyes locked, and for the first time since they've known each other, Jinho had no clue as to what Sehun could possibly be thinking – his expression unreadable. The way he looked at him, even if it was for a short second, made Jinho uneasy.

 

The boy tucked Luhan's head in the crook of his neck and shifted around a little to make it more comfortable for the older boy. He rested his head on Luhan's as he continued to talk to the person on the other line.

 

Jinho turned his attention back to the iPod on his lap. Unfortunately, from the corner of his eye, he caught sight of Sehun giving Luhan a short kiss on the forehead when he hung up with the person on the phone.

 

As he looked out the window, Jinho couldn't help but sense that something was different between him and Sehun.

 

Something shifted.

 

******

Whoaaaa! It's huge!” Luhan and Baekyeol exclaimed as they entered Spa Land – a popular resort in the middle of Seoul that had pretty much anything you need in order to relax.

 

Sehun smiled and dragged his boyfriend away from the fountain in the middle of the entrance. “We should go check in.”

 

Sehun, are you sure you don't need help paying for this?” Suho asked, eyes scanning the place, taking in the extravagant interior. “How can you afford this?”

 

Sehunnie!” A woman in her late forties approached the group, beaming as she gave Sehun a hug. “Took you long enough.”

 

Noticing everyone's confusion, with the exception of Jinho, Sehun smiled and told them, “Guys, meet my aunt.”

 

Luhan gasped, probably not expecting to meet Sehun's aunt during their trip, and his eyes doubled in size when Sehun told them that she owns the resort.

 

Whoa,” Baekhyun whispered. “Sehun's secretly rich.”

 

Sehun's aunt giggled. “Nice to meet you all. You can call me Aunt Eun. Now who's who?”

 

One by one, Sehun introduced his hyungs to his aunt. Luhan, being a nervous wreck, stuttered when he greeted her. Cute.

 

Aaaahh! You're so cute!” His aunt squealed when her eyes landed on Luhan, who blushed. Sehun beamed – happy that his aunt and him could agree on that fact.

 

After a few more comments about how Luhan's skin is perfect and how he has the prettiest eyes, Sehun's aunt turned to Jinho, who smiled warmly at her.

 

Aunt Eun.”

 

Jinnie!” She pulled him in for a hug. “I'm glad you could come. It's been forever since I've last seen you. How have you been?”

 

Good.”

 

That's wonderful.” She faced the others. “Now what are you doing standing here? Hurry and check in. Our receptionist will gladly hand you your keys.”

 

The others bowed to her and headed for the reception desk.

 

Is that Jinho's boyfriend?” Aunt Eun asked when it was just her and Sehun.

 

W-what? Who?”

 

He followed her gaze and his eyes widened when he realized that she was referring to Luhan, who was standing next to Jinho.

 

Luhan. Is he Jinho's boyfriend?”

 

W-why would you think that?” Sehun spluttered, his heart racing.

 

Aunt Eun tilted her head slightly, eyes still trained on the two. “Because Luhan looks like Jinho's type.”

 

Sehun's heart dropped.

 

No.”

 

Hm?” She turned to look at him.

 

They're not together.”

 

Oh?”

 

Luhan is actually my boyfriend.” Mine.

 

Shocked, his aunt quickly looked at Luhan and then back at him. “You're dating him?”

 

Is it really that shocking?” Sehun asked, voice unintentionally bitter.

 

Well....I would have never guessed that he was your type. But then again, you never really had a type. So I guess I'm more shocked in the fact that you're dating someone at all.”

 

Well, we're together,” Sehun said firmly.

 

Aunt Eun eyed him curiously. “How long have you two been dating?”

 

Since last summer.”

 

She gasped. “Why am I only finding out about it now?”

 

Sehun shrugged. “I just never got around to telling you. Been busy.”

 

She smiled. “I understand. Busy dating that adorable boy.”

 

Luhan spun around to look at them. His right hand was mid-way in the air, probably getting ready to beckon Sehun over, when he noticed that Sehun was next to his aunt. The older boy paused and bowed to Sehun's aunt again.

 

Aww. What a nice boy he is.” She placed her hand on Sehun's shoulder. “Now that I think about it, you two look good together.”

 

You mean it? You're not just saying that are you?”

 

Yes. I mean it.” She beamed. “Honestly, Sehunnie, I'm proud of you.”

 

For what?”

 

For snatching such a cutie. Make sure you keep him. Don't give him up to anyone.”

 

Sehun raised a brow. “Why are you suddenly telling me this?”

 

Because I want to be family with him. Aunt-in-law.”

 

Aunt-in-law? What?

 

She giggled when Sehun was left speechless. “Let's go. You don't want to keep your boyfriend waiting do you?”

 

After they joined the group, she told them to enjoy their stay and that she had to get back to work. They bid her goodbye – Luhan bowing to her continuously – and she smiled at them one last time before leaving to handle business.

 

Why didn't you tell us this was your aunt's resort?” Lay asked when they got in the elevator. The couples naturally held hands, leaving Jinho by himself in the lift's corner.

 

Surprise?”

 

Oh, it's a surprise alright -- especially to Luhan hyung. He was freaking out the whole time.”

 

I was not freaking out,” Luhan argued. “I was just nervous.” He turned to hit Sehun in the stomach. “Why didn't you tell me we were going to meet your aunt?! I would have brought her a gift.”

 

Sehun smiled. “It's okay. You'll have many opportunities to meet her. She really likes you.”

 

Luhan's eyes widened. “Really?” Sehun nodded and the other grinned, apparently pleased with having Sehun's aunt approval.

 

After they separated, Sehun opened the door to their room before Luhan ran past him and plopped down on the bed closest to the window.

 

I call this one.”

 

Sehun snorted. “There may be two beds, but we're sharing one.” He threw his bag on the bed closest to the door and stared at his boyfriend.

 

Luhan smirked. “Why?”

 

Because.”

 

Hm?”

 

Yah! We're sleeping together. And that's that. Now get changed so we can go.”

 

Excited, Luhan quickly jumped out of bed and started changing. After getting into his swim shorts, Luhan stood in front of the mirror and frowned.

 

What's wrong?” Sehun asked.

 

I can't go out looking like this,” he murmured, sounding horrified. He turned around to face Sehun, and oh.

 

On Luhan's chest were tiny love marks that Sehun himself had put there, and he had to bite his lip to stop himself from smiling – from showing his satisfaction.

 

This is all your fault,” Luhan accused, folding his arms across his chest.

 

Yes. Yes, it is.” Sehun smirked, not able to hide how he really felt about the marks.

 

Luhan rolled his eyes. “You .”

 

Yes. I did.”

 

Ughhhh. Sehun-ah!!”

 

Sehun laughed. “I'm sorry, but that was a perfectly good opportunity to say that.”

 

Luhan furrowed his brows at him and Sehun stopped laughing. He walked over to the older one and handed him a black tank top. “You can wear this.”

 

Luhan looked at the top and took it, quickly pulling it over his head. “Thanks.” When he noticed Sehun putting one on as well, he asked, “You're wearing a tank too?”

 

Yeah because you did --” Sehun turned around to show his boyfriend the scratch marks “--this.”

 

Luhan flushed. “Sorry,” he mumbled.

 

Sehun grinned. “Don't be.” He wrapped his arms around Luhan, pulling the smaller boy flush against him. “Because I'm not sorry about leaving those marks on you.”

 

Sehun-ahhhh.” Luhan buried his face in Sehun's chest, probably from embarrassment.

 

Sehun was in the middle of laughing at Luhan when he heard knocks at the door.

 

Luhan hastily opened the door. Please. Don't let it be –

 

Baekyeol has arrived!”

 

The pair showed up wearing matching Hawaiian swim shorts and t-shirts that read “Party Animals.”

 

Sehun groaned because what part of “Don't bother Luhan hyung and me” did they not understand?

 

Let's go, maknae,” Baekhyun said, pulling his arms. “The spa doesn't wait for us!”

 

Where's Suho hyung and Lay hyung?” Sehun asked when they got to the spa center.

 

They went to the steam room,” Chanyeol answered. Lucky them.

 

What should we do first?” Baekhyun asked.

 

I'm going for a massage,” Sehun said, rolling his shoulders.

 

I can just give you a massage later,” Luhan said flatly.

 

Before Sehun could ask him why he would want to when there were professionals that could do it for him, Baekyeol snickered.

 

I guess Luhan hyung doesn't want someone else to touch what's his,” Chanyeol said, wiggling his eyebrows.

 

Luhan's cheeks turned slightly pink, but he didn't deny Chanyeol's statement. Oh. Sehun grinned. It was rare to see Luhan being so possessive of him.

 

Baekhyun cleared his throat. “Let's go to the hot spring pool.”

 

And that's where the problems started.

 

Sehun and Luhan were sitting in the pool, fully clothed, when Baekyeol came back from the shower room with nothing but a white towel hanging around their waists.

 

That's not even the worst part.

 

Before they stepped in, they threw the towel away (Sehun quickly covered Luhan's eyes). The couple flashed not only Hunhan, but the other male guests as well – who didn't show any reaction though because it was normal for some to go .

 

Even though Sehun had made sure he and Luhan sat away from the nudists, they ended up sitting across from the most enthusiastic people there. Baekyeol kept grinning, happy with being and all.

 

You sure you don't want to lose the clothes?” Chanyeol asked Luhan, who quickly nodded, trying his best not to look down.

 

The water is hotter than I expected, but it feels really nice,” Baekhyun added, splashing around a bit. “Being and all.”

 

Sehun prayed that neither of them would decide to stand up abruptly.

 

Oh. You guys are here too.”

 

Both couples turned to find Jinho standing on the edge, fidgeting. “I'll go somewhere else..”

 

Why? Come join us,” Luhan chirped, clearly not noticing the death glares Baekyeol was sending Jinho's way.

 

Jinho didn't move though. He kept avoiding eye contact with the others – feeling unwelcome.

 

What am I doing?

 

Feeling bad for his friend, Sehun said, “Yeah. Jinho. Join us.” He ignored the strangled sounds coming forth from Baekyeol.

 

Jinho shot him a small, grateful smile before slowly getting in (he kept his shorts on). He sat in between the couples, a considerable distance between them.

 

Compared to the atmosphere earlier, it got awfully quiet. Sehun wondered if Jinho regretted his decision to join them.

 

Well,” Baekhyun started.

 

Isn't this awkward,” Chanyeol completed.

 

And Sehun couldn't agree more. 

 

 

 

~~~~~~ Lol. Baekyeol! The tension have finally started! SOMETHING HAS SHIFTED. UH OH. Btw don't blame Luhan for being oblivious to everything - Jinho liking him isn't something out of the ordinary. Luhan is used to being around people who admire him and stuff, he wouldn't be able to tell that Jinho likes him as more than a friend. Cut Bambi some slack for being in the dark. Lol. It's better that way. For the story...

 

Next chapter - Sehun will sit down one-on-one with Jinho. What can prompt him to do so? We'll see how that goes. 

 

Favorite part - Sehun bringing Luhan's face over to his side before he fell on Jinho's shoulder. It was like "BAMBI IS SLEEPING ON ME!" Don't let anyone take your Lulu, Sehunnie! Also the flashback was hilarious. Baekyeol inviting themselves and Sulay. Couples ftw!! 

 

Thanks for reading! I don't know when I'll update next. School is starting Monday >< I'll update whenever I have time :)