The New Guy

All I Care About

Here you go.” Luhan handed the guy the cup, their fingers accidentally brushing for a split second. “Enjoy.”

Thanks.” He took a seat at the table nearest to the order counter. He sat facing Luhan.

 

Baekhyun immediately came over, dirty towel in hand, and asked the guy, “Sir, can you move to that clean table over there?” He pointed at a table near the windows (furthest away from Luhan). “This table's dirty.”

 

Luhan raised his eyebrow at the younger boy, confused as to why Baekhyun was telling the customer to move when he saw the boy cleaned the table a few minutes ago.

 

It doesn't look dirty...” The guy inspected the table, swiping his finger across the wooden top.

 

Baekhyun flashed him a wide smile, one that Chanyeol recognized as the kind that Baekhyun would give him before he smacked him. “But it is. So please move over there. Thanks.”

 

Before the guy could say anything else, Baekhyun ushered him over to the other table. “Enjoy your drink.” Baekhyun, who smiled like he did some sort of good deed, walked away; leaving the guy, Luhan, and Chanyeol speechless.

 

Who is that?” Baekhyun asked when he went behind the counter to stand next to Luhan.

 

Huh? Oh him. He's the guy that also wanted to buy Sehun's guitar that day at the mall. Can't believe we're meeting again.”

 

Hm.” Baekhyun looked towards the guy, who was trying his best to ignore Baekhyun's piercing gaze. “Interesting.”

 

What's interesting?”

 

Baek smells trouble,” Chanyeol said when he came around to mop the floor behind the counter.

 

Trouble?” Luhan asked.

 

Chanyeol shrugged. “He probably thinks you two might get in a fight. Round two maybe?”

 

That's silly. He's not here to get back at me. He's here for coffee.”

 

But he's staying for something else,” Baekhyun muttered. “Someone else actually.”

 

Huh?” Luhan looked back at the guy, who was drinking his frappuccino while reading something on his phone. “What do you mean?”

 

Baekhyun forced his eyes away from the stranger, his face suddenly cheery. He chirped, “Nothing. Sehun is going to be here soon. And I can't wait to see our lovely maknae.”

 

He started emptying the cash register, singing MBLAQ's “Run” while he did so, leaving Luhan and Chanyeol utterly lost at his change in mood. (A/N: This song here xD)  

 

Bad boy. You better run, run, run, run.”

 

Joon, who came from the back after taking out the trash, eyed Baekhyun curiously. “Why is Baekhyun singing? Although it is a good song...”

 

He's probably exhausted,” Chanyeol answered, while Baekhyun continued to sing.

 

Joon gave Baekhyun a pat on the back. “It's okay, Baekhyun. You all can go home now. Enjoy the rest of your night.”

 

But we still have one more customer,” Luhan said, gesturing towards the stranger near the windows.

 

Ah. Didn't see him there.. Well someone has to tell him we're closing.”

 

I'll do it,” Luhan volunteered. He was about to walk around the counter when Baekhyun grabbed his wrist.

 

But Sehun isn't here yet!”

 

So? He's probably running late and what does Sehun have to do with me telling the guy to leave?”

 

Baekhyun groaned. “Fine.” He released Luhan's wrist. Odd...

 

Hey.” The guy looked up, smiling. “We're closing. I know the sign says we close at 11, but since it's New Year's Eve, we're closing a few minutes early.”

 

Have a party to go to?” he asked.

 

Luhan nodded sheepishly. “Yeah..”

 

The guy chuckled. “That's fine. I can leave.” He got up, coffee cup in hand. “Thanks for the drink, Luhan.”

 

You're welcome.” Luhan smiled.

 

Ahem!” Luhan could hear Baekhyun clearing his throat from behind him.

 

I guess I'll see you around.” The guy walked towards the front door. His eyes lingered on Luhan for awhile before he pushed the door open. He gave Luhan a final wave. “Bye.”

 

Bye. Happy New Year!”

 

Luhan turned around to see Baekhyun staring at him, slightly frowning. But before he could ask the younger boy why he looked like that, Joon was untying the apron he had on. “Time to leave kids.”

 

But hyung --”

 

I have a party to attend. Soju to drink. Girls to meet. So please go. I'll lock up.” Joon dragged Luhan and Baekyeol out the door before they could say anything else. “Don't get too wasted though. You still have work tomorrow.”

 

Zzzzzzzz. Luhan pulled out his phone – he got a text from Sehun.

 

Sorry :( I'm running late. Be there in a few minutes though. Wait for me.

 

Is that Sehun?” Baekhyun asked when he saw Luhan pulling it out.

 

Yeah. He's running late. Told me to wait for him.”

 

Baekhyun huffed. “Of all days for him to be late..”

 

******

Sehun. Sehun. Wake up.” Kyungsoo's voice invading Sehun's dreams.

 

W-what?” Sehun asked, voice groggy.

 

Time to pick up Luhan hyung.”

 

Sehun smiled, suddenly reminded of his dream. Luhan...Wait....Luhan!

 

He sat up, eyes now alert. “Crap!” He grabbed his jacket and ran out the door. He was watching a movie with Kyungsoo before he fell asleep, and now he was running late. He sent Luhan a quick text while running down the snow covered streets, making sure not to slip because he was positive Luhan would be more upset about that than him being late. Baekyeol would probably laugh at him though.

 

He was about to turn the corner, to where the cafe was located, when he bumped into someone. Hard. Both of them staggering backwards by the collision, causing the stranger's cup to slip out of his hand, staining the snow with a light brown coffee color.

 

Sorry!” Sehun said, bowing to the guy. “I wasn't looking.”

 

S-Sehun? Oh Sehun?”

 

How does he know my name?

 

Sehun looked at the guy, his eyes widen. “Jinho?”

 

Wow! It is you!” The guy grabbed Sehun's shoulders, grinning. “It's been forever.” He gave Sehun a hug, clearly not afraid of Sehun possibly punching him for initiating such skinship.

 

Yeah. What are you doing here?” Sehun asked, excitement in his voice.

 

Jinho chuckled. “I'm attending Suk-Myeong University for a semester – it's a part of my program.”

 

This is awesome. That's my school!”

 

Really? Wow. I guess we'll be seeing each other then.” Jinho smiled. “We have some catching up to do buddy.”

 

Sehun smiled. “Yes. We do.”

 

After exchanging numbers, Sehun told Jinho that he was actually late for an appointment. “I'll see you when school starts.”

 

Yeah. Later Sehun.” Jinho waved at him before turning to leave. Sehun sprinted the rest of the distance, praying that Luhan isn't too mad that he's making him wait.

 

Sehun!” Baekhyun shouted when Sehun approached them. “Why are you late?”

 

I fell asleep.” He turned to Luhan, hand naturally reaching out for Luhan's. “Sorry.”

 

Luhan smiled and Sehun lets out a mental sigh of relief. “You weren't that late, so...” He squeezed Sehun's hand. “I forgive you.”

 

When they started walking home, both couples holding hands, Sehun decided to tell the others who he ran into. “You wouldn't believe who I bumped into on my way to get you.”

 

Who?”

 

My childhood best friend, who I haven't seen in years. We were actually friends since preschool, and we had classes together all up till high school when he had moved away. But what's even better than seeing him again is the fact that he'll be attending our school this semester!”

 

Oh really? That's exciting!” Luhan smiled.

 

What's more shocking is the fact that you had a childhood friend,” Baekhyun interjected.

 

Shut up hyung.”

 

We should meet this guy. See what kind of poor soul would be friends with a young Sehun,” Chanyeol said, causing Baekhyun to snicker.

 

Yah! I was a decent kid. I may not have been popular, but I had friends!”

 

How many?”

 

Uhh --”

 

One?”

 

Shut up,” Sehun said, shoving Chanyeol with his free hand. The Baekyeol couple started laughing, and when Chanyeol almost slipped on a patch of ice, they laughed louder.

 

Don't mind them,” Luhan whispered in his ear.

 

It's fine. At least I had a friend,” Sehun whispered back, grinning.

 

We heard that,” the couple chorused, narrowing their eyes at Sehun. This time it was Hunhan's turn to laugh.

 

Sehun, next time make sure you're on time,” Baekhyun said when they entered their neighborhood. “I missed out on some really good action.”

 

Hyung, what are you talking about?”

 

Tell him Luhan hyung.” Baekhyun nudged the older boy.

 

About what?”

 

About that guy.” Guy?

 

Oh.” Luhan looked at Sehun. “Sehun-ah, I didn't get to tell you that when I went to buy your guitar, there was this guy who also wanted it. And since it was the only one left, I actually....”

 

You what?”

 

Luhan blushed. “Tricked him and ran away with it.”

 

Really? You tricked someone? You?

 

Hard to believe isn't it?” Chanyeol asked, grinning like a proud parent. “He took it Baekyeol style. Hanging out with us does have its benefits eh?”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. “I wouldn't call it benefits.”

 

Well, whatever you want to call it, Luhan hyung got you that guitar.”

 

I guess – wait, why am I finding this out now?” Sehun raised his brow at Luhan, who clung onto his arm.

 

Batting his lashes (aegyo attempt?), Luhan murmured, “Because I forgot about it until today.”

 

When that guy showed up at the cafe,” Baekhyun added, eyes darting between Sehun and Luhan as he said this. It looked like he was anticipating Sehun's reaction.

 

You met him again? Did he say anything? He didn't want to get back at you did he?”

 

Luhan shook his head. “Why do you guys all think that? No. It was simply a coincidence that we met again. He came for some coffee – like everybody else who walks into a cafe. Besides, he seems like a nice guy.”

 

Pfftt. A nice guy that was gawking at you,” Baekhyun said, causing Luhan to glare at him.

 

But everybody does that to Luhan hyung,” Chanyeol argued, earning himself a smack in the arm from his boyfriend.

 

Yeah. That's true,” Sehun said. “I'm just glad he didn't do anything to you. Now that would be a problem.”

 

Luhan smiled at Sehun, sticking closer to him as they continued on home.

 

Baekhyun moaned. “This is not the reality I wanted.”

 

Chanyeol squeezed his shoulders. “Real life isn't as dramatic as you want it to be, Baek. Cheer up.”

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~ Majority of the readers voted for Option B, so I'll be uploading in parts for super long chapters. If the chapters are moderate sizes than I'll just go ahead and upload it all at once. I'll indicate the second part by either a line ---------------- (which means that it's still from that character's point of view) or by the ***** (which means a change in pov)

 

 OOOOOOOO. We finally learn more about mystery guy. And hahhaha Baekhyun really wanted Sehun to come down and do something about that guy. Fight fight! Also the MBLAQ mention - hehehe the A+ in me wanted to add that in. The song was appropriate. Lol. 

 

Changed the title and the picture for the chapter. Gif not mine. It's just Baekhyun being all hot. Thanks for reading!