Chapter 19

After All This Time

 

 

 

Your POV

 

As soon as we got home, Yifan let me sit down on the sofa, took off his sling bag and went to the kitchen to grab some ice from the fridge. Whimpering, I took off my shoes and then socks. The scar on my foot is really red and when I touched it, it hurts.

 

It hasn’t been a minute when Yifan came back in the living room, bringing a small basin full of ice cubes. He spread the towel, placed the ice cubes on it and tied the towel’s edges to make it an icepack.

 

He gently positioned my foot on his lap before placing the icepack on my scar. A small whimper came out my lips as the stinging sensation from it is intense.

 

“Do you want to let this check up by the doctor?” he asked me.

 

I shook my head, “No, it’s okay. I guess it’s because of my stumble earlier why it hurts.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

I nodded, looking at him in assurance. We stayed in that position for a while until I can feel the ice melting on my skin, causing my foot to be all wet when Yifan discarded his customized ice pack.

 

My foot became numb, but when I stretched foot, the pain I felt alleviated.

 

“How does it feel?” Yifan asked me.

 

“I feel fine. Thanks, Yifan.” I smiled.

 

He chuckled and d the towel above the basin to extract the water seeping in it. “You’re really tolerant, aren’t you?”

 

“Yeah, I think I am.” I joked. It is a fact; I’m really tolerant in pain. Others would be crying right now if they’re in my position. “Are you going to study after this?”

 

Yifan shrugged, “I guess I am,” he paused and cast me a look, “Why? Do you want to have a tutor again?”

 

My eyes widened but then let out a sigh, admitting my defeat. Sometimes, I would think that Yifan can read my thoughts. “Can I?”

 

He smirked but then nodded his head. “Arasseo,” and then he looked at me, “but can you walk?”

 

I placed my feet on the floor and had managed to stand up. Good thing I didn’t got out of balance. But my foot still hurts a lot.

 

Yifan helped me walk towards my room. “I’ll clean this mess first. I’ll see you in my room. Bring your notes, okay?”

 

I nodded at him and he went to the kitchen.

 

 

We spend the whole night inside Yifan’s room, studying all the lessons together, preparing for the upcoming examination that will happen tomorrow. Eomma even brought our dinner in the room so that we can continue the study session.

 

Not minding the time, I just realized it’s already eleven in the evening. Yifan left the room to get some water to drink. Poor boy, he must’ve exhausted himself from talking too much. While Yifan was out, I tried to walk my injured foot. Although the pain isn’t that intense anymore, I was glad I can walk straightly. My landed his bed after some few steps, taking a rest. I touched the sheets on his bed, and it’s deceiving me to sleep. My eyes felt heavy and my body is telling me that I should sleep now.

 

But before I could lay down the bed, I saw something peculiar on his lamp table. I took the small book and scanned the pages. Each page contains sketched images, drawn in pencil. Most of the drawings are landscapes and sceneries, and I can’t help but admire the artistry. My gaze landed at the signature below the images.

 

Ah, they’re drawn by Yifan. He’s really artistic, and a very talented man. He’s one of a kind.

 

I continued flipping through the pages when I felt myself yawning. Aigoo, I’m sleepy.

 

-

 

Yifan’s POV

 

I never had talked that long before. The more I talk, the more I can feel my throat getting drier. I went out of my room to get myself a glass of cold water. After getting the pitcher of water from the fridge, I poured some in the cup. The cold water bathed my dry throat and it felt so good that I finished the whole cup until the last drop.

 

Burp. I grinned at this action. Although teaching Jaein is quite exhausting, I’m glad she’s catching up. She’s a fast learner I would say. I find it really cute when she asked my opinion why Helen is so seductive when we tackled the epic story ‘Helen of Troy’. I wanted to laugh at her query but the look on her face is really serious, so I have no choice but say something.

 

Jaein is a curious girl. A smart girl, I would say.

 

I poured my cup again with water for Jaein and went back to the room. What greeted me when I came in is her, lying on my bed.

 

I gently placed the cup on the table and check up on her. She was already asleep. I guess I’m not the only one who’s exhausted. The look on her face shows that she’s really tired.

 

I noticed the familiar object lying beneath her arms. Ah, my sketchbook. She must be looking at my drawings before she drifted to sleep. My drawings must be boring.

 

Smirking, I gently pulled out my sketchbook from her clutch and placed it aside. I poked her shoulder but she won’t budge. She was deeply asleep.

 

I shook my head in dismay, but then smiled when I stared at her face. Jaein is actually pretty, a very innocent looking girl. I kneeled on the floor, observing her sleeping face. Flushed cheeks and fluttering eyelashes. She must be dreaming.

 

Before I could drown in my thoughts, I stood up and carefully slid in my hands under her back. With a force, I carried Jaein on my arms. She made a sound and when I finally adjusted to her weight, I walked out of the room. While heading to her room, I saw auntie coming closer.

 

“Oh, she’s already sleeping?” she asked. I nodded. Auntie opened Jaein’s door for me to come in. I placed her gently on the bed. “Aigoo, she must be really tired,” she said, tucking the blanket for her daughter.

 

I scratched my head, “Yeah, I think she must’ve exhausted herself from the lessons we studied.”

 

Auntie turned around and smiled at me. “Thank you, Yifan. Thank you for helping Jaein,” she tapped my shoulder. “Now, you have to sleep too. You shouldn’t tire yourself too, arasseo?

 

I nodded. “Neh, auntie.” I glanced back at Jaein on her bed. I hope she’ll sleep well.

 

-

 

Your POV

 

I feel a little bit drowsy but I shouldn’t let this feeling take me down. Today is the examination day, and I have to do my best. Jaein, fighting!

 

After the bell rang, the classes started and the test papers were released. Everything is so quite, and people passing by the road would think there’s no class going on. Everyone is totally immersed in answering the questioners.

 

I cringed my forehead, not taking my eyes off from writing the equations. I know I can do this. Yifan thought me this last night. I can still vividly remember.

 

I stuffed my things inside my bag after the last period teacher left the room. That was exhausting, but the feeling is so great. The examination is successful! I hope I did well.

 

“Wooh, that’s tiring!” Luhan exclaimed, wiping the invisible sweat on his forehead.

 

“Yeah, I hope I won’t fail the test,” Misoo pouted, clutching her bag on her chest.

 

“Yah, I’m hungry. Let’s go eat samgyeopsal!” I encouraged. I vaguely noticed Yifan smirking before we left the room together.

 

-

 

The four youngsters went to the town and strolled at the market to do some window shopping. Misoo pulled Jaein’s hand when they passed by the accessory shop. Smiling, the two boys followed them in.

 

The two girls tried on some headbands and laughed after seeing their reflection at the mirror. Luhan was checking out some key chains and admired the Bambi plush staring at him cutely. Yifan was checking out some reggae bracelets at one corner.

 

After they left the shop, they bought some Beard Papa’s Cream Puffs from the rows of food stalls aligning the edge of plaza.

 

Yifan admired the view, feasting his eyes everywhere. There were some kids running around the fountain playing with their water guns. He noticed himself smiling. It was his first time to stroll in the plaza. He realized Gyeongpo is a very beautiful place. The people are very friendly too. And he can see that citizens here are very proud of their beaches due to the products the souvenir shops are selling—shell key chains imprinted with the name of the town, pearl necklaces, and etcetera.

 

“Yah, are you okay?” He felt a nudge on his shoulder. Jaein was eyeing him quizzically.

 

Yifan smirked and nodded his head. “It’s my first time here,” he blurted.

 

“Fun isn’t it? This place is the busiest place in Gyeongpo. The Gyeongpo Central Market.” Yifan wanted to laugh. Jaein was introducing the place to him. She’s like a tour guide.

 

“Beautiful,” he blurted, staring at her.

 

“Yes it is,” Jaein beamed and then smiled.

 

If she only knew, that Yifan meant it to someone, not only to the place.

 

 


 

Sorry for the late update. I haven't updated for three days straight. Gomen~ I got busy with the Cosplay and KPop Convention. I hope you don't mind. But despite, this is the best weekend ever! Don't forget to comment subscribe. I'll be updating soon, so stay tuned. <3