CAP, Neil, Ricky, and Chanjo

Baby U

“No.  No.  No.  NO!!”  Chanhee woke up from his nightmare.

 

Chanhee was covered in sweat, and he realized that he had tears in his eyes.  Chanhee looked around and noticed the unfamiliar room.  He quickly remembered he was a L.Joe’s house.

 

Chanhee looked for L.Joe on the bed, but he was gone.  Chanhee began to panic, until the bathroom door opened.  L.Joe walked into the room with a towel on his neck.  He had just finished showering.

 

“What’s wrong?  You okay?  I heard you screaming.”  L.Joe sat beside Chanhee.

Chanhee hugged L.Joe’s waist.  “I had a dream that Mr. Choi was trying to me.”

“He won’t hurt you.”  L.Joe pat Chanhee’s back.  “I promise he won’t hurt you.”

 

L.Joe continued to comfort Chanhee until he calmed down.

 

“Listen, I have to go to work now, but you can stay here if you want.  Or you can come with me.  I can also drop you off at home if you’d like.”  L.Joe said.

 

Chanhee looked at the time, it was only 4:30am.  He wondered why L.Joe would have to go to work so early in the morning.  He wanted to stay in the house and sleep, but at the same time he wanted to know more about L.Joe and where L.Joe worked.

 

 

Chanhee sat down in a booth in the back of the restaurant.  The restaurant was a small family restaurant.  Chanhee could see the entire restaurant from his booth. 

 

Chanhee could also see L.Joe working.   L.Joe was dressed in a uniformed blue dress shirt, and black slacks with black shoes.  He also had an apron tied around his waist.  L.Joe looked like the other four male waiters working, but he also stood out from the other waiters due to his brightly colored hair.  He also had this charming smile that he gave the customers when he took their orders and delivered them their meals.

 

Chanhee patiently waited for L.Joe to come and take his order.  He saw L.Joe coming his way and his heart began to beat nervously.  He never felt so excited about a waiter coming to take his order.  Chanhee began to wonder why he felt that way, but quickly shook off all thoughts when L.Joe stood in front of his table.

 

“Good morning, what can I get for you?”  L.Joe asked with his charming smile, which made Chanhee blush.

“Is there any recommendations?”  Chanhee asked. 

 

Chanhee had scanned the menu, but everything looked so delicious he didn’t know which to choose.

 

“I recommend the Chef’s Special Breakfast Platter.”  L.Joe replied.  “The Chef makes the best cheese omelet which melts in your mouth.  It also matches perfectly with the hash browns.”

“I’ll take that please.”  Chanhee replied.

“Would you like anything to drink with your meal?”  L.Joe asked.

“Orange juice please.”  Chanhee replied.

 

L.Joe repeated Chanhee’s order before leaving to give the order to the chef.

 

“Hey!”  Niel, one of L.Joe’s co-workers walked up to him.  “Hyung, who’s the boy?  Boyfriend?”

“Really?  I thought L.Joe-hyung was straight?”  Changjo, another co-worker popped up beside Niel.

“Really?  I always thought he was gay.”  Niel argued.

“Guys I’m right here you know.”  L.Joe glared at the boys.

“Sorry.”  The boys laughed. 

“That’s Chanhee my friend from school.”  L.Joe replied.

“He goes to Kangnam too?”  Another co-worked, Ricky, popped up beside L.Joe.  “Is he rich?”

“Do you have to ask?  He’s entire body screams rich kid.”  CAP, another co-worker jumped in the conversation.  “I mean look at him.  Glasses, designer bag, totally off hairstyle, he entirely shouts sheltered rich kid.”

“I agree.  He doesn’t really look like the ty, fashionista rich kids.”  Niel added.

 

L.Joe went to get Chanhee’s orange juice as the boys began to berate Chanhee’s appearance.

 

“You know what’s funny?”  L.Joe said as he passed through the boys with Chanhee’s juice.  “He’s the son of ZipShock’s CEO, the company you all practically worship, and you guys are talking crap about him.”

“!”  L.Joe could hear the boys mutter in disbelief.

 

L.Joe brought Chanhee is orange juice.

 

“You know you can leave anytime if you get bored.  I have to work until 2pm.”  L.Joe informed.

“It’s okay. I can wait.”  Chanhee replied as he sipped his drink.  “I have homework to do anyways.”

“Okay, suit yourself.”  L.Joe replied.  “But if you get bored don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

 

Chanhee literally did his homework from after finishing his breakfast until L.Joe’s shift was over.  The only time he stopped was to eat lunch with L.Joe during L.Joe’s lunch break.

 

Now Chanhee was waiting for L.Joe to come out of the employee room.  L.Joe came out with Ricky, CAP, Niel, and Chanjo.  CAP had his arm around Niel’s shoulder, while Changjo held Ricky’s waist.

 

“Guys, this is Chanhee.”  L.Joe introduced.  “Chanhee this is CAP, Niel, Ricky, and Chanjo.”

“Hello.”  Chanhee bowed to the boys.

“Yo!”  CAP, the eldest, and most muscular boy saluted.

“Hey.”  Niel, the boy with short, wavy hair and full lips smiled.

“Hi!”  Ricky, the cheerful boy with blue hair waved enthusiastically.

Changjo, the youngest boy with a charismatic aura just silently nodded.

 

Changjo’s phone rang with a text.  He looked at his phone then showed it to Ricky.  He whispered into Ricky’s ear.  Ricky nodded.

 

“Guys, we need to go now.  My mom wants us to babysit Minki.”  Ricky announced.  “You need a ride?”  CAP asked.

“Nah, we’re good.”  Changjo replied.  “If we take the bus then we won’t have to babysit longer.”

“You’re not even going to babysit.”  Niel rolled his eyes.  “You’re going to stick poor Minki in his playpen and make out on the couch until your mom comes home.”

“Will not!”  Ricky blushed.

“Whatever.”  Changjo grabbed his boyfriend’s hand.  “Let’s go.”

“Bye!”  Ricky and Changjo waved.

 

Ricky and Changjo quickly left.

 

“Okay we need to get going too.”  CAP told Niel.  “I remember someone calling me at midnight asking me for a ride to the doctor’s.”

“It was only 11pm and none of my parents would take me.  I don’t want to walk all the way there and the bus stinks.”  Niel defended himself.

“Whatever let’s go.”  CAP pulled Niel’s shoulder.  “See you tonight.”  CAP told L.Joe.

“Tonight.”  L.Joe nodded.

“Bye L.Joe!”  Niel waved, despite being pulled by CAP.  “Bye Chancy.”

“It’s Chanhee you dumb head.”  CAP corrected Niel.

“Whatever you face.”  Niel slapped CAP.  “Bye Chanhee!”  Niel waved at Chanhee.

 

CAP and Niel continued to bicker until they disappeared.

 

L.Joe turned to Chanhee.  “Sorry about them.  They’re my friends from my old school.  They seem like trouble, but one you get to know them they aren’t too bad.”

“No they seem like nice people.”  Chanhee replied.

“They are.”  L.Joe agreed.  “Until you let them spend the night at your place without supervision.”  L.Joe rolled his eyes.  “Don’t ask.”

“I won’t.”  Chanhee chuckled.

“What do you want to do now?”  L.Joe asked. 

“I don’t know.  What do you do with your friends?”  Chanhee asked seriously.

L.Joe laughed.  “Are you serious?  You don’t know?  Don’t you watch movies or something?”

Chanhee shook his head.  “I’ve never gone to the movies, and my parents don’t want me to do anything that will disturb my studying.”

L.Joe’s laughed faded.  “Wow, you really are sheltered.” 

 

Suddenly an idea popped into L.Joe’s mind.  “Let’s go watch a movie.”