Strange

Baby U

At home Chanhee was in his room crying.  No one had bothered to comfort the crying boy, or even bothered to ask what was wrong.  In fact no one even noticed Chanhee was crying the entire limo ride, or as he ran to his room.  No one cared about Chanhee.

 

Chanhee lived in a large two story mansion with his parents.  They were accompanied by a staff of 2 chefs, 5 butlers, 10 maids, 10 security guards, and 3 chauffeurs, but none of the staff took up residence in the mansion.  Most of the time, Chanhee was alone at home because his parents were either at the company or abroad on business trips.  Even if his parents were home they were too busy to properly care for Chanhee.  Chanhee couldn’t even remember when was the last time his family spent quality time together, as their meeting and conversations consisted of accidentally running into each other in the halls, and simple greetings of “hello,” and “how was your day.”

 

Tonight Chanhee would be alone as Chanhee’s parents had left for a business trip to America.  His parents wouldn’t be back for another two months as they were promoting their newest ZipShock mp3 player and phone.  First they were having a week of workshops in California to promote the ZipShock company.  After the workshops they would spend a month promoting in American then they would travel to Europe, and the rest of Asia to promote the mp3 player and the phone.

 

Chanhee’s computer beeped indicating Chanhee had an email.  Chanhee reluctantly went to his computer to read the email.  At first he thought it would be his parents informing him of their trip, but Chanhee soon remembered that his parents wouldn’t do that.  They would tell their butlers or the maids to inform him of such news.

 

Chanhee opened his email box and saw the message was from an unknown sender.  At first Chanhee was reluctant to open the email in case it had a virus, but curiosity got the better of him.  Chanhee opened the email.  Chanhee read the message.

 

To Kangnam Academy’s gay school nerd, Chanhee.

How would this look on the academy’s next issue of Kangnam Weekly?

 

Chanhee scrolled down and he began to cry.  The email was filled with pictures of Chanhee’s body that Taehyun had taken at the school.

 

How’s about the latest ZipShock mp3 and phone in exchange for the pictures?

Or should I send this to the rest of the school?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day Chanhee dragged himself to school.  He wanted to stay home, but he was afraid that if he stayed home Taehyun and Jihyuk would send the pictures to the entire school.

 

Chanhee carefully walked through the crowd of students in the hall.  He could feel the eyes of all the students looking at him.  He began to wonder if Jihyuk and Taehyun had already sent the pictures to the entire school.

 

Chanhee couldn’t take all the staring and took a mad dash for his classroom.  As he turned the corner he bumped into L.Joe and fell on his .  The students that saw the incident started laughing, until they all caught sight of L.Joe glaring at them.  They all quickly scampered away leaving only Chanhee and L.Joe in the hall.

 

L.Joe extended an arm to Chanhee.  Chanhee looked at L.Joe’s hand curiously.  It was the first time anyone had offered him a hand.  He cautiously took it.  L.Joe effortlessly helped Chanhee off the ground.  Chanhee was about to say his thanks until he saw Taehyun and Jihyuk taking pictures of them from the corner. 

 

Chanhee ran up to his bullies.  “Please delete all the pictures.”  He took out two of ZipShock’s newest mp3 players and cellphones.

“Cool thanks.”  Taehyun and Jihyuk grabbed the electronics.

“Here.”  Taehyun handed Chanhee his phone.

 

Chanhee quickly deleted all of the pictures then ran off to his class.

 

“Yah!  Why’d you let him delete it?  We could have used it for more.”  Jihyuk elbowed Taehyun’s stomach.

“Relax.  I have copies on my computer.”  Taehyun elbowed Jihyuk back.

 

Jihyuk smiled as he and Taehyun high-fived each other.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was almost the start of second period and Chanhee was sitting in the front of the class.  Jihyuk was in the back toying with his new phone.  L.Joe was sitting in the back of the room like normal. 

 

The teacher, Mr. Choi, walked into the class unusually happy.  Usually Mr. Choi was grumpy and in quite a hurry to finish the lecture since he knew no one really bothered to listen to him.

 

“Listen up class.”   Mr. Choi made an unusual announcement.  “Today is study hall for the entire period.  I have some papers I need to grade.”

 

The class cheered until they were hushed by Mr. Choi and forced to silently study.  Mr. Choi went to his desk and took out some papers to grade.

 

L.Joe his ipod and took out his notebook.  He was about to open the notebook when he felt a pair of eyes on him.  L.Joe looked up and saw Chanhee looking at him with his notes in his hand.

 

L.Joe’s chair made some noise as he stood up.  He could hear his shoes clicking as it hit the ground.  He could feel everyone’s eyes on him as he walked to Chanhee to get his notes.  L.Joe turned around to face the students as he reached Chanhee’s desk.  Everyone instantly looked back down at their books, afraid of being caught staring by L.Joe.  L.Joe turned around and grabbed his notes from Chanhee.

 

“Lee Byunghyun, what are you going to our Ace student?”  Mr. Choi questioned.

 

L.Joe lifted up the notes for Mr. Choi to see.  Mr. Choi wasn’t amused by L.Joe’s silence and grew irritated.

 

“I was borrowing his notes.”  Chanhee replied for L.Joe. 

“You were borrowing his notes?”  Mr. Choi raised an eyebrow not believing that the Ace student was borrowing notes from the gangster looking student.

“I mean he was borrowing my notes.”  Chanhee corrected since he knew it sounded stupid that the school nerd was borrowing notes from the school gangster.  “He asked for it yesterday.”

Mr. Choi looked at L.Joe and Chanhee in disbelief.  “Whatever.  L.Joe, return to your seat.”

 

L.Joe gave a last glance at Mr. Choi before turning around.  He swore he saw Mr. Choi dangerously glaring at him.

 

L.Joe sat back down and began to look over his notes.  After a while, he felt a weird aura in the room.  L.Joe looked up from his notes and looked around the classroom.  He looked at Chanhee studying diligently, but then saw Mr. Choi staring at Chanhee with an unrecognizable look in his eyes.  L.Joe wearily glanced back and forth between Chanhee and Mr. Choi before going back to study.

 

After class was finished Chanhee was called to the Mr. Choi’s desk.  L.Joe lingered around as he stuck his notebook into his bag, taking longer than usual.

 

“I have some things to discuss with you after school.”  Mr. Choi told Chanhee.  “Can you stay for a while?”

“Is it about my grades or class work?”  Chanhee asked.

“It’s actually about some extracurricular activities I’d like for you to participate in.”  Mr. Choi replied.

“Okay, I can come after school.  How long will it take though?  I have to call my chauffer.”  Chanhee asked.

“It might take a while, but if it takes too long I can take you home.”  Mr. Choi replied.

“Okay.  I’ll see you then.”  Chanhee replied.

.

.

.

.

.