3. An Unfortunate Clash of Destiny

Living under one roof

 

Memory 3 - An Unfortunate Clash of Destiny

 

"MOVE OUT?!! ARE YOU FREAKING CRAZY!!!" A crowd of different ages, height, weight and even sizes said those words at the same time. "W-Well that's what the manager said... I-It's not my decision to kick all of you out... The building's been unexpectedly sold to another... management..." A fat guy who's ready to piss himself any minute kept on shaking out of fear. The angered crowd were still not convinced even how many times he explained why. "Why tell us on the last minute?! You didn't even give us any kinds of notice!" "And you expect us all to leave and pack all our stuff out by 3 days?! Are you out of your mind?!" The crowd kept on protesting, like a riot will be initiated any second from now.

 

"I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I JUST PAID THAT GUY LAST NIGHT AND HE KICKS US OUT JUST LIKE THAT? HIM!" Yoona screamed in frustration and annoyance. She slumped herself on their couch after the whole incident in the dorms. "Yeah... I can't believe that of a manager just did this to us..." Taeyeon joined Yoona and lied on top of the irritated girl. Sooyoung just sighed in disbelief. "What are we gonna do now?.. We don't have any place to stay..." "Yeah... I don't want to go back at my Aunt's house... It , but I don't want to go back home to Incheon. It's too far away from the University!" Yoona complained making the atmosphere even worse than it was.

 

The three kept silent and nobody dared to break it. They're trapped by the fact that they'll be homeless if they don't find any place to stay in. Taeyeon took a deep breath and sat up. "Great... I guess in three days time, the three of us will get separated..." Sooyoung and Yoona's faces became saddened by the thought. Taeyeon teared up and hugged the younger girl underneath her. "I don't want us to ge tseparated... Not unless one of us wants to... but out of this..." Sooyoung rested her forehead because of the words that wanted to get out of her mind. "I don't want it to happen either..." Yoona added.

 

The three felt tired of thinking about the sudden announcement so they slept the night, except for Sooyoung who's busy on checking on her best buddies. Taeyeon kept on crying, which is really out of her character. Every night she'll either squeal or shout a certain eye smiling girl's name on her sleep. "Aigoo... Poor Taengoo, her cheeks are so puffy and red... This really made her bawl her eyes out..." Sooyoung pushed some of Taeyeon's hair at the back of her ear. The tall girl kept on brushing the older girl's hair as it makes her sleep so peacefully. She averted her gaze onto Yoona hiding herself in her blanket. She doesn't like using thick blankets but not tonight. 

 

"Three days are not enough... I want to be with them a little longer... Please God..." The tall girl looked up and held the part where her heart is located. 

"Guide us and protect us... No matter what happens, don't ever let us get separated..."

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Geez Youngie! What are you doing?"

A little girl asked towards her friend. Her friend is holding a rock, drawing something on the poor bark of an Old Oak Tree.

 

"There! Done! Look -----! Our name's will always be implanted in this Old Tree!"

Her friend said in happiness, proud out of what she has done. The other girl just looked at it with a confused expression.

 

"What the heck is this for, Youngie?.."

The girl asked out of curiousity. Her friend looked at her with a broad smile plastered on her face. She grabbed her hand and stared at the two names, now embedded on the tree for the rest of its life.

 

"This will be the proof that we'll always be together! Just like this tree, until we're old and wrinkled, we'll never be separated!"

Her friend grinned widely towards the blushing girl. The other girl pouted because of another thing.

 

"But what if we did get separated? What will happen, Youngie? Will our name's fade away? Will it kill the tree?"

The girl asked, horrified by what she thought making the other girl think deeply.

 

"I... I won't ever let that happen! No matter what happens..."

Her friend tightly held her hand and grabbed the other, looking intently at her eyes.

 

"No matter what happens, even if we get separated... I promise you, we'll find each other and be together! Forever!"

The girl was taken aback by her friend's sudden proposal. Her big brown eyes are burning with determination to keep the promise. She embraced her friend and smiled.

 

"That's a promise that you'll keep forever right? Youngie?.."

She held her pinky finger out to seal the promise. Her friend, without any hint of hesitation, accepted making their promise kept in their hearts and mind for the rest of their lives.

 

"You can bet on it, Sooyeo---"

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"The time is ticking out, we have to find a new stay to shelter in. This is getting annoying by each second." Yoona's busy packing the books she needed for research assignment. Sooyoung just kept on reading while Taeyeon is on a venture to look for certain locations for the three of them to move in together near the Campus. The tall girl flipped a page and continued on reading as Yoona remained on whining and whining until there's no more to whine about. As the two are having their moment of silence, the short girl walked to their table holding a printed poster.

 

"Guys Guys Guys!!! I found a location! And this might be the best one I found so far! Well actually the only one but, you gotta check this out!" Taeyeon declared as she hid the poster behind her back, making the two girls left hanging. "Just show it to us, Taeyeon-unnie!" Yoona impatiently dragged Taeyeon to her side. "Aigoo Yoong... Okay here... Ta-dah!!!" Sooyoung and Yoona leaned in to see what the whole thing is about. Their eyes suddenly beamed out of the image. Two person giving a thumbs up, a series of connected houses can be seen in the poster. Taeyeon smirked.

 

"So? What do you think?" The two proceeded on reading the whole poster. "U of Seoul Residence... The official student live-in houses of U of S Students. WOW!" Sooyoung said in amazement. "I've heard of this place, but I also heard that it comes with a much higher price than any other boarding houses or dorms." Yoona explained, making Taeyeon nod her head.

 

"We don't have any much choice but to try and get in here. When the school heard this incident about our dorm which is obviously where most of the student who lives far away stays in, they decided to make some changes in the amount of students that will stay in one house." Taeyeon clarified. "Let's take a depper look into things. In one house, 9 people can now stay in the house instead of only 6. There are 4 bed rooms, 2 double and 2 single rooms. 3 bathrooms, actually only 2 and a half since one of it only consists of a toilet and a sink, the other two has a bathtub and a shower I think? Anyways, there's also a storage room which they made a single bedroom now to squish one more student in so that all the rooms will be used just in case a large wave of students apply for a stay."

 

"... But what about the price?" Sooyoung asked Taeyeon after she made all the necessary information about the house free and clear, but when it comes to the amount of money needed to pay for the stay in the house is blowing away all of her excitement. "It's been down to 10% this year. The University management is planning to talk to the new who bought our dorm to possibly keep on the business of being a boarding house of the students. About the price... It's still higher than we imagine it will be... It's still 20% higher than what we pay in the dorms..." The three of them became silent once again. "T-That's not a good idea I think... For me it's not..." Sooyoung confessed. "Me too..." Yoona second that motion.

 

"But it's the last resort we can get if we want to keep on studying here!" Taeyeon noted. "The price is terrifying me... My family won't be able to sustain to pay for this... It's too much!" With Sooyoung's heartfelt sentence, this made Taeyeon speak out what's on her mind when doing the research. She knew this time will come out of this, and she readied herself for it.

 

"Take it or leave it, Soo! Didn't you say that you're doing this for your family? It's too late to back away now and go back to them saying "I'm home" with dissatisfaction obviously planted on your face, right?!" Taeyeon retaliated towards the discouraged girl. "Try to keep your promises! We'll do it altogether! I don't ever want to get separated with you two! You are the best roommates I ever had! Last year, my old roommates always called me a freak and an elementary school kid! And when they knew that I'm a fan of the U of S Goddess, they called me a lez and all that kind of stuff... But you two..."

 

Taeyeon bent down and pleaded against the younger girls. "Please, stay with me..." "T-Taeyeon-unnie..." Sooyoung just sighed as she closed her eyes to think. The scene of seeing her siblings saying to do her best and they will always cheer her made her tear up. Just the thought of seeing them starve in the future made her horrified, especially when it comes to Minho and Jinri's future. Taeyeon looked up when a hand suddenly reached out on her shoulders. The petite girl looked up and saw Sooyoung smiling.

 

"I'll be right there with you Taengoo..." "S-Soo!" Another hand was placed on her shoulder. "Where ever you two are, I'll be there!" Yoona blasted her most gorgeous model-like smile ever. This scenario made Taeyeon cry and hug both of them, tip toing to keep her balance. "This is why I love you guys!!!" "We love you and your weirdness too Taeyeon-unnie!" The three kept on hugging til the next session bell rang. On the way to their different classes, Sooyoung wore a serious look.

 

"I will definitely keep my promise... Siwon oppa, Minho and Jinri... Wait for me!"

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Crap! Taeyeon unnie, did you bring all of the furnitures in the dorm or what? This is super heavy!" "No! That's all my books needed and the stuff I had last year that I didn't throw yet..." Taeyeon pointed out towards the ever whining Yoona. "Aishhh! This is too freaking heavy! What are you? A horder or something? Sheesh." "Can both of you just stop arguing? I think we're here." Sooyoung stood in front of a wide house, 2 meters ahead of the struggling girls. "This place sure is secured. They won't even let the taxi in the residence..." "Of course!"

 

"Should we get in? You have the key right, Soo-unnie?" Yoona asked. Sooyoung grabbed the keys out of her pocket. "Here we go once again... Hope this will let us have nice housemates..." "I sure hope so..." The tall girl slowly inserted the key as she was nervous to know what and who might be waiting for them inside. The door suddenly swung open. Welcoming them is a tan-skinned girl who's wearing short shorts and a sports bra. "Eh?.." The three girls said in a very confused surprise.

 

"I got tired of waiting for you three! As a punishment, you'll have to massage my beautiful body until you move out of here! Be blessed as I'm letting you do so!" The tanned girl announced making SooTaeYoon even more confused. Another girl suddenly pulled the tanned girl's ear, resulting her to scream out of pain. "Don't scare the newbies!" The bleach haired girl stated as she pulled her out to the back. "Come in! Come in! We've been waiting for the three of you to come! Come!" The enthusiastic girl dragged the three inside since they were hesitating. Taeyeon even whispered to Sooyoung that they might be in the wrong house. In the living room, 5 girls are waiting to meet them. Two person caught their attention, particularly the short girl who's spazzing right about this moment.

 

"WELCOME! This is the Girls' Generation Boarding Home! I'm Kim Hyoyeon! Nice to meet you!" Hyoyeon introduced. The three girls became silent when the two familiar girls are staring at them, surprised. "Hey! Earth to ding dongs? Elowwww! Your names please?" Hyoyeon demanded towards the dumb founded girls.

 

First "K-Kim Taeyeon! A sophomore studying Law! I'm forever blessed and thnakful that God gave me the chance to live with The Goddess all of you!"

 

Next "Im Yoona, a freshman taking Fine Arts... Please take good care of us!"

 

Lastly "Choi Sooyoung, a freshman in the field of Music. Pleasure to be here with you guys..."

 

"What respectful newbies! Oi! Introduce yourselves! Keep the fun going! Come on!" Hyoyeon announced making the introductions start.

 

"Me first! My name is Kwon Yuri! Pleased to meet the three of you! And my foot needs masssaging tonight, be sure t---"

 

"Shut up ya disgustin' woman! Lee Sunny in the house! Play with me when you want to, I'm always free! *Winks*"

 

"Seo Juhyun. Freshman. *Bows* *Blushes*"

 

"Is it my turn? Oh okay. Hwang Tiffany! I bet the three of you know me and my friend already right? Can't believe that you'll be our new house buddies! Enjoy your stay! *Eye smiles*"

 

"I-I'm Jung Jessica... You already know that and it's tiring to introduce yourself over and over again so... yeah... *Stares at the tall girl*"

 

"Well ain't that nice? With all that said... This is the Girls Generation boarding house. Only girls who can open up and share their secrets can stay in this home. That will also be your initiation in the club. You all got that memorized?" The three nodded their heads even though they don't really get anything she said. "Very good."

 

"Then we hope that we can all be nice to each other and enjoy your stay!"

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

:) Hope that flashback gave you a hint 

♥ SooSicFany