The withering lotus

Seungyeon's Knights
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jinyoung pov:

I was in school, sitting down at my desk trying to listen to the lesson but all I could think of was if the girl had woken up yet. There was something about her….

“Scholar Jung!” the teacher bellowed after I didn’t respond after the first few calls.

I was shook out of my thoughts.

“Yeee..!” I replied, my body shooting up straight.

“What is the answer?” he asked.

“….mianhada…what was the question again?” I asked embarrassedly.

My teacher shook his head as the other students laughed, this wasn’t like me anyway I ALWAYS paid attention in class.

“Surprise test tomorrow students, thanks to scholar Jung.” The teacher said as he closed his book shut.

The whole class groaned in dismay and some of them started to crush their papers and threw them at me, I covered my head with my hands as the papers hit.

I sighed as I walked out of class, the other students were all making faces at me because I caused them to have a surprise test tomorrow.

“Scholar Jung!” someone called.

What now? I thought.

“Oh…seonbaenim.” I replied as the proctor’s figure appeared in front of me.

“Aren’t you supposed to stay back to clean up the shrine today?” he asked.

“I….” he cut me off.

“Well, unless if you don’t want to….then I’ll give u some demerit points…” he started.

“ahhhh nononono! It’s fine, I was just about to go get the cleaning stuff…” demerit points meant a lesser chance for me to become a minister and earn more money for my struggling family.

“Good then, make sure its sparkling when I see it.” He said as he gave a smirk and walked off.

This really isn’t my day, I told myself as I accepted my fate and went to clean the shrine.

It was already almost sundown as I left the school, as soon as I reached home I went into the room to check on the girl.

She was still unconscious, but breathing normally like she was having a long deep sleep.

I checked the wound on her head and changed the bandages, it was healing nicely.

“Jinyoung ah~” my mom suddenly called as she slid open the door.

“eomeoni.” I replied.

“Jiyoung’s sister passed away recently, the funeral is today why don't you go over and see her?” my mom suggested.

Jiyoung was a girl that lived in my village, her mom and my mom were close friends so we used to play with each other when we were kids together with her sister….

“What? When did this happen? How did she die?” I asked.

My mom sighed “Why don’t you go over and talk to Jiyoung, I heard she’s really upset.”

“I will.” I said as I stood up.

My mom nodded as she came up to me and dusted my clothes “Don’t wear something too colorful.” She said as she turned and left the room.

I left the house after making sure the girl was fine.

It was so sudden, her death…even though I haven’t seen Jiyoung’s sister for a long time cause she had went to the palace to work as a maid for the princess….

At the funeral, the sound of sobbing was immense.

I peeked in through the door, there was Jiyoung’s mom kneeling in front of the altar and sobbing. Jiyoung was beside her, she turned her head to the door and saw me.

She stood up and walked towards me, I could see her eyes were swollen and red from crying.

“Orabeoni…” she started in a weak voice and then she started sobbing.

I put my arms aro

Please log in to read the full chapter