A Message in Blood

Seungyeon's Knights
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jinyoung pov:

“Mama!!” I called, as I saw her collapse onto the ground.

I pressed my body against the wooden bars of the jail cell, I just wanted to go over and hold her…or catch her…but I couldn’t.

“Mama!” I called again, stretching my hand over and shaking her arm.

She wasn’t responding.

“Ibwayo!!! The princess has collapsed, come quickly!!” I called out to the guards.

One of the guards nearby shuffled towards our cells.

“What is gong on here? What’s the commotion!?” He demanded.

“The Princess has fainted!! Let me go over I’m a doctor!” I told him, desperate to be by her side to see if anything was wrong with her.

“I can’t let you do that, you’re a prisoner!” the guard replied, as he turned towards the other guards.

“Get the royal doctor here!” he ordered.

I could hear the sound of the other guards feet shuffling on the ground as they scrambled to get the royal doctor.

I felt so helpless.

“Keep your hands away!” the guard shouted as me as he slammed his sword against the wooden bars.

I slowly retracted my hands but continued to peer over at Seungyeon, I hope it was nothing serious.

How could the Crown Princess do this to her own sister?

If only she could disappear and return back to her own world right now, my heart would ache because I can’t bear to lose her…but that way she would be safe.

“Here!” I heard the guard shout as he opened Seungyeon’s cell, she was still lying there motionless on the ground.

The Royal Doctor entered the cell as the guard closed the door behind him.

“Is she all right??” I hissed as the doctor because I didn’t want the guards to hear me talking.

“She’s fine, it’s probably stress and she’s running a fever..but she should be fine after some rest.” The doctor replied, dabbing her forehead with a damp cloth.

“Doctor!” I called out as he was about to leave.

“You can't let her stay here, she will get more ill.” I protested.

The doctor sighed. “I’m sorry, there’s nothing I can do…it’s the Crown Princess’s orders that Seungyeon Mama is to be locked in jail until further notice.”

“How bout the King, if you let the King know maybe he’ll….”

“Hey you, stop talking!” the guard shouted.

“Doctor!!” I called again as he walked out of sight.

“Shut up before I beat you up!” the Guard bellowed.

I sighed as I knelt on the hay filled ground, it was so dirty here…she was sure to get more sick.

Just then, I saw Seungyeon move.

“Mama..” I whispered softly.

“Doctor Jung…” she mumbled, opening her eyes slowly and looking at me.

“I’m here….how are you feeling?” I asked, concerned.

She frowned as she got up slowly from the ground.

“Be careful, you have a fever..” I told her.

She looked out of the cell as if to make sure there was no one outside listening, then she moved herself nearer to me.

“The dagger…” she said.

She looked pale and her lips were chapped….it made me feel sad there was nothing I could do about it.

“What about the dagger?” I asked, moving my ear closer.

“I…I know where it is…” she said.

I widened my eyes at her. “Do you remember?”

She nodded at me. “It’s buried….under the east pillar of my quarters..” she explained.

I gasped. “That’s good…” I said, holding onto her hand which was icy cold.

“I promise I’ll get you out of here soon…” I assured.

If we could get someone outside to get the dagger…..we could prove Seungyeon really was the princess.

“How do

Please log in to read the full chapter