Chapter 6: Angels Cried

What Love Got To Do With It

This is the day where Kim doesn’t know what to do, she hasn’t heard from her friends yet. She MSN Melissa last night but until now she didn’t have response yet. Her Tita Vangie and Tito Randy already left for their meetings while she doesn’t know what Gerald is doing. She decided to get out from her bedroom and go downstairs, for years she didn’t g back to Anderson mansion she actually forgot how it looks.

As she was going down the stairs, the grand piano catches her eyes, she look around no one is around, and the whole living room is so quite that all she can hear is her foot steps. Slowly she went closer to the grand piano, pull the stole set down and start to feel the keys. She close her eyes and run her fingers to the keys, somehow by doing that she felt so peaceful and happy. Doing that for a second make her feel so at home and the feeling of joy just rushing into her nerves, she starts make a humming sounds accompanied by a very peaceful and angelic melody. As natural pianist as she is, she starts making music in her hearts transmit to her fingers that make her just sing and swing her head to the melody her fingers make.

Standing from the banister, Gerald is watching her in amusement. He can’t understand what to feel, watching Kimmy’s angelic face and voice He is so afraid that his heart might jump out for joy...then Gerald close his eyes and just listen as Kim sings …..

Ten Thousand Angels Cried

Stillness filled the Heavens,
on crucifixion day.
Some say it rained, I don't know if it's true.
Well, I can just imagine

Ten thousand angels cried
That would seem like rain to me and you.
The angels all stood ready to
take Him from the tree
They waited for the words from His voice.
And when he asked the father why
has thou forsaken me.
They watched the saviour die of his own choice.
I've never seen ten thousand angels cry
But I'm sure they did
As they stood by
And watched the saviour die.
God turned his head away
He couldn't bear the sight
It must have looked like rain
When ten thousand angels cried.
As the sun slipped away
The skies turned to grey
And when Jesus gave his all
That's when the tears began to fall
I've never seen ten thousand angels cry
But I'm sure they did
As they stood by
And watched the saviour die.
God turned his head away
He couldn't bear the sight
It must have looked like rain
When ten thousand angels cried.
It must have looked like rain
When ten thousand angels cried.

 

Gerald decided to come closer, close enough … standing right beside the piano facing Kimmy still closed eyes and her tears go down her face while singing. As she finishes she slowly open her eyes…..

Kim: (was surprise) Heaven gracious Gerald …… so sorry that …. (Wasn’t able to finish what she about to say)

Gerald: (wipe the tears from Kimmy’s face).. That was amazing.

Kim: (shyly) thank you…must be the Holy Week that got in to me…… I don’t mean to just seat her freely and start playing the piano; it’s just a habit I guess… (With hand gesture) the piano, me and …. The moment? ….

Gerald: what are you talking about? Kimmy this is your home….. I hope you feel at home staying here.

Kim: I do… it’s just I am not used of you being around … I guess (smile)

Gerald: so you want me to go away?

Kim: (embarrass) Oh no I don’t mean that way … and beside how can I this is your home….in all fairness I’m the one (can’t talk anymore as Gerald put his 2 fingers in her lips)

Gerald: enough …. You know you’re so cute, I can’t believe you….

Kim: that Fat Frankenstein girl grow up to be not bad after all (laughing)

Gerald: (couldn’t understand what she was saying) hah?

Kim: nothing I was just joking.

Gerald: so you’re a good pianist, a singer and …. (Looking serious) there’s a lot about you I need to know.

Kim: naaah not a lot I am still the old Kimmy you know …

Gerald: (serious and took Kimmy’s hand) Kim, I am so sorry for the time that I wasn’t there when you need a friend….. I really am…. how I wish I can make it up to you.

Kim: what are you talking about, you don’t owe me anything, and your parents have done a lot already. If there someone to be sorry, that should be me…. I am so sorry that I barge-in into your life, to take so much time of your parents.

Gerald: Ok that’s it…. You got to stop thinking like as if you’re such a burden…I want you to know that from now on, I’ll be always here for you.

Kim: Thank you… but you don’t have to do that. 

Gerald: … doing what? (Confused)

Kim: doing what you just did… say things to make me feel……

Gerald: (hold Kimmy’s hand again) oh no Kimmy, I’m not saying these things to you to make you feel better.

Kim: Ge, what I am saying is, you don’t have to make any promises to me. I don’t expect you to be there with me every time my world goes upside down.

Gerald: Ok we got to stop this coz obviously this is going no where….. So tell me what are your plans for today?

Kim: Nothing really, this is just my second day, I think I’ll just stay home for now… to relax, I have 3 more days before the party.

Gerald: If you want we can go around the mall or any places you want.

Kim: thank you but really I just want to rest for now….. (Then she turns around and about to go back to her room when) …..

Gerald: (grab her arms) … I think I haven’t really give you a welcome home hug yet… (Then hug her)…welcome home my Kimmy…(then whisper in her ears)..I miss you so much….(then give her a kiss at the back of her ears)

Kim feels a high voltage just rushing through her veins.

Kim: (feel so awkward) Thank you. See you later.

As she walks away…Gerald called her.

Gerald: Kimmy, I mean every word I say.

Kim just gives him a nod then she walks back to her room while Gerald left standing watching her walks away. As he stand there thinking what He just did, he realise that He really doesn’t know Kimmy anymore. The Kimmy He used to know changed a lot, the girl that used to be head over hills over Him is now managed to just walk away from Him just like that. Now he has a taste of how it feels to be ignored