Chapter 004

In the Shadows [Girl Group/Mystery] Apply Closed

"U-um, sirs..." A lowly assistant walked into the room where the four founders of SJCY sat. He set a coffee in front of each of them and looked around the relatively dark room. "A-are you sure it was a good idea to put those four in a group together...?"

SooMan shrugged as he sipped his drink. "Absolutely not."

"It was the worst idea we've ever had," JinYoung said, grinning.

Hyunsuk nodded. "We're hoping they'll either kill each other or cancel each other out with their... gifts."

Seung-Sung chuckled in agreement. "Whoever comes out of the wreckage will be deemed our winner and a soloist in whichever company they're from."

The assistant's eyes were wide as he looked at the screens the four CEOs were sitting in front of. He saw an empty kitchen and living room, and a girl in each bedroom. He shook his head and sat in his designated spot, awaiting his next assignment.

-

- Cam 1 - SM -

Eva sighed, flipping another page in her book. She groaned in frustration and the signal flickered on the screen. She tossed the book onto her bed and laid back against her pillows.

- Cam 2 - JYP - 

Soo Ji sat in her room, aimlessly glancing around. She grabbed an apple from her bedroom's secret stash and wiped it off on her shirt. She took a big bite of the apple and glanced around once more. After concentrating for a moment, her door locked and she smiled, letting loose her wings. It wasn't painful to keep them in, but sometimes she just felt like being herself.

- Cam 3 - Cube - 

Mizuki clicked through the channels of her personal television, looking for a good movie to watch.

"Ani, I don't feel like dancing..." she murmured to what looked like herself. "My body is tired today." She side-glanced towards the edge of her bed and shook her head. "Mian, but no."

- Cam 4 - YG -

AiRin smiled as she continued reading her book, curled up on her bed. She seemed completely absorbed by what she was reading.

-

The assistant looked away from the screens as he heard the CEOs begin talking once more.

"There's a storm moving in, isn't there?" SooMan asked, looking at Hyunsuk.

The founder of YG nodded. "Shall we cut the power?"

JinYoung grinned. "I think that's a wonderful idea."

Seung-Sung flipped a switch with a chuckle.

---

"What the-?" Eva groaned and opened the palm of her hand, allowing a small burst of flame to appear just above her hand. She looked around her room and then rolled her eyes. She blinked a few times before her vision became much like night vision. She walked to her door and opened it to be met with Soo Ji. She looked from the second oldest group member to the ball of fire in her own hand.

"Do you know what's going on?" Soo Ji asked, as if she wasn't phased by the fire. She suddenly remembered that her wings were visible, but for some reason - after seeing Eva holding fire - she didn't care.

Eva shook her head. "No... Power outage? There is a storm supposed to be here tonight, right?"

Soo Ji nodded. "We need to get the other two and get to the basement."

"Already heading that way," AiRin said, seeming annoyed. She really wanted to read her book.

"There's a generator down there, right?" Mizuki asked, tilting her head as she opened the door to their basement/practice room.

It had been a while since the girls had even been in their practice room. Their manager and dance and vocal instructors went MIA after the first meeting when they were supposed to come back a week later with a debut song and dance. The girls' debut had been postponed indefinitely, and with no word other than that, the girls hardly practiced. They stayed in their rooms, but had gotten to know each other a little better - ok, that last part was a lie. They didn't say more than two words to each other usually; however, they did have more of a bond with each other from living together doing nothing for months.

The four of them carefully walked down the stairs to the basement; Eva had created a bit more fire and Soo Ji had used her own power to move it and hold it in front of everyone as they walked.

Once they were all safely in the basement and had the back-up power going, the four of them looked at each other.

Mizuki's eyes widened at the sight of Soo Ji's wings and the fact that the two older members had used fire to guide their way into the basement. "What... Ok, you two have some explaining to do..."

Eva raised an eyebrow and looked at the two younger members. "I think we all do..." She said softly.

AiRin tilted her head and nodded. "I agree." She said softly. "Oldest first?"

Eva bit her lip. "I'm a witch, I guess you would say?" She sighed softly and sat on the floor. "I have magic and my eyes are "special," that's what my boyfriend says, anyway. I can switch the way I see things: night vision, infrared, zoom in and out. I can sometimes project images from them - but that's harder to do usually. And I can see the red threads of fate..."

Soo Ji nodded in amazement. "I actually didn't think magic existed anymore..." She said. She shook her head. "Well, um... I have these wings, and... I can heal people - unless they're dying..." She was silent for a moment before sighing. "Oh, and I have telekinesis, which is how I moved Eva-unnie's fire in front of us..."

"I'm nothing special," Mizuki said simply.

"Liar," AiRin said, not even looking at Mizuki.

"What?"

"Oh, that's just part of my "gifts;" I can sense emotions and somewhat read thoughts, and I know when someone is lying or not." The maknae smiled. "I'm a black Unicorn, and I can also heal, except - like Jiji-unnie - when someone is dying."

Mizuki rolled her eyes and sighed. "Fine..." She muttered. "I'm a medium. I see, talk to, and am sometimes possessed by spirits..."

---

"And it's all out in the open," Seung-Sung grinned, clapping his hands together once.

"Just like that," Hyunsuk said, sighing.

"Time to go home for the night. We'll check on them in the morning." SooMan stood and stretched.

~*~*~*~*~

How's that for a sudden update?
I'm so sorry for abandoning this story! *bows a thousand times*
But I have a debut song in mind now and it gave me inspiration for this chapter!
I hope you like it, and my excuse for them not debuting yet. xD
MYSTERY. Lol.
Also, douchebag CEOs. ^^'
<3
Jae