chapter 5

Love?!! Impossible..

Chapter 5

Lunchtime~

 

Victoria was reading her book quietly while her friends were busy chatting happily at the corner of the class. Most of her classmates in the class were crowding the new students while some were fooling around. She decided to finishes her book before she went to her friends.

Victoria was so focused on her books until she noticed someone was standing in front of her school’s desk. “Hello! I’m Onew. You’re Minho’s dongsaeng’s best friend, right?”

“I’m sorry what?” Victoria asked confusedly.

“You’re..umm..Sulli? Yeah! Sulli’s friend right?” He smiled with his dubu smile.

“Yes and you are?”

“Onew. I’m Minho’s friend. Sulli’s oppa. What’s your name?”

“Victoria,” Victoria went back to her book but Onew was still standing there, staring at her face and it kind of annoyed her.

“Excuse me, what are you still doing here?”

“You looked so awfully familiar. Have we met before?”

Victoria wanted to laugh hearing his sentences but she let it out with a smile, “You’re funny. This is the first time I meet you,” Victoria forgot that they actually met before.

A frown formed on Onew’s face, “I don’t know. It just feels so nostalgic every time I see you,”

“You’re probably mistaken me for someone,” Victoria brushed it off.

“Onew-ah! Come here,” Suddenly a voice interrupted their conversation. Onew wanted to say something but he chose not to and ran off to his friends.

“So, what were you guys talking about?” Hyoyeon came out of the blue. Victoria looked to her side and she saw her friends or as the others called them, Girl’s Generation, staring at her with a grin plastered on each of their faces except Seohyun who was nowhere in class.

“What?” Victoria asked back.

“You know. Onew,” Taeyeon wriggled her eyebrows at her.

“What about him?”

“Don’t play dumb with us-,” Sunny grinned at her.

“You were talking with him and he was staring at you,” Tiffany finished her sentence.

“I smell something fishy,” Jessica added in.

“That would be Donghae oppa, Sica unnie,” Yoona interrupted. Jessica’s expression changed after Donghae’s name was mentioned. Sooyoung and Yuri laughed at Jessica.

“There’s nothing going on between us okay?” Victoria stated before she ran out of the class as soon as she heard the bell rang.

--

 “Taeminnie! Where are you going?” Luna walked over to where Taemin was standing, followed by her friends.

“I’m going to Key hyung’s class then we’ll go to Onew hyung’s new class,”

“Let’s go together. We’re going to meet Amber unnie also. They are in the same building after all,” Krystal replied.

Taemin looked at them hesitantly, “Are you sure?”

“Well, I don’t really mind,” Sulli answered quietly while Krystal and Luna were grinning at each other silently.

“Okay then, let’s go!” Taemin led the way while the girls followed behind him. Suddenly an idea poped into Luna’s head.

“Taemin-ah, I just remember something,” Luna spoke after they exited the first year’s building.

“What is it?”

“I uhh…the teachers! Yeah! Ms.Han wants to see Krystal and me now,”

“She did?” Krystal was looking at Luna confusedly.

“Yes! Don’t you remember?” Luna smiled innocently but kept nudging Krystal so that she gets the idea. Eye contacts were also made.

Getting the idea already, Krystal acted as if she remembered something. “Oh yeah! How could I forget it?”

“You better go before she is angry at the both of you,” Taemin said. Sulli gasped at the very idea of her and Taemin alone, together.

“You’re leaving me alone?” Sulli pouted and tried begging them to not leave her.

‘Please don’t leave me alone with him. It’s very awkward,’ Sulli wanted to say what was on her mind but she couldn’t because Taemin was standing beside her.

Trying to hold her laugh, Krystal put on her stoic expression while Luna kept on smiling like she usually does.

“Sorry Sulli-ah, you go first and we meet later at the cafeteria okay?” Sulli nodded as she watched her best friends walking away.

“Sulli-ah, we should get going now,” Sulli just walked behind Taemin without knowing what to say. Suddenly Taemin stopped walking and waited for Sulli to near him so that they could walk together. Sulli then noticed it but still kept silent.

“So you are Minho hyung’s dongsaeng.” Taemin tried to end the awkward atmosphere.

“Yes,” Sulli don’t know what to say.

She could hear girls squealing here and there, looking at Taemin. “Taemin is very popular among the girls," Sulli muttered under her breath.

“Well, I’m not that popular,” Taemin smiled.

“Hmm?” Sulli was shocked as she didn’t expected Taemin to hear her words.

“My hyungs are more popular with the girls,” Taemin looked at her.  Sulli doesn’t know what to respond to him so she didn’t let out a single word from after that.

‘What should I do so that we don’t feel awkward?’ Sulli was thinking hard about the situation.

Taemin thought that he said something wrong which made Sulli to ignore him. ‘Did I say something wrong?’

--

‘Ah! I’m tired! The girls said that they would come to my new class so I have to wait for them before I could go to the cafeteria,’ Amber rested her head on the desk.

“Hey! Amber right?” Amber nodded her head. A group of people crowded her table.

“I heard you could play as well as the basketball team,” A person said.

Amber lifted her head and looked at the owner of the voice, “Maybe yes, maybe no,”

“You’re being modest. How about we play sometime?” Another person said.

“I’ll think about it,” Amber rested her head back on her table as the group walked off.

Suddenly there was someone standing near her desk. “No, no, no! What are you wearing? This is a disaster!” She could hear every word of the person but she chose to ignore it.

The person then tapped her shoulder so that she would look at him and she did. “What is it?” Amber asked.

“What are you doing with that lovely uniform?” He asked with a diva-ish tone.

“Wearing it. Who are you?”

“I am Key and I will be your guide in fashion world,” Amber looked at him weirdly.

“Nice to meet you but no thanks. I don’t need guidance for anything,”

“Yes you do! Look at-”

“Key-umma!” A boy came rushing to Key.

‘Umma? That’s a weird name to call a boy,’

“Taemin-ah! You’re hungry?” Taemin nodded. Key instantly forgot about Amber.

“Unnie, let’s go. Vic umma, Luna and Soojung are already at the cafeteria,” Sulli dragged Amber out of the class without even greeting her first.

“Where’s Minho hyung and Jonghyun hyung?” Taemin looked around the class.

“Cafeteria. You sure took a long time to get here,”

“Something came up?” Actually it was because he was walking slowly to match Sulli’s steps.

“Okay I believe you. Let’s go, they’re waiting for us,”

--

“I can’t believe you could simply thought about that,” Krystal laughed.

“I know,” Luna laughed also. Both of them were sitting on the bench near the fountain in the school’s garden.

“Ah..So, what are we going to do while waiting for them to arrive at the cafeteria?” Krystal stopped laughing after hearing Luna’s question.

“I completely forgot that today they’ll be selling cupcakes at a half price. How could I forget?”

“Really? You better go right now or you won’t be able to eat some,” Luna scared her.

“Okay, I better go now. Bye!” Krystal dashed to the cafeteria.

‘So what am I going to do all by myself?’ Luna thought. She took out her phone and earphone before she started listening to music and sing along.

On the other side, Jonghyun was tired of escaping from the girl that he had just broken up with so he sat on the bench under a tree near which was near to the school’s garden.

Unexpectedly, he heard an angelic voice singing along to SNSD’s Let it rain. He walked towards the voice was but stopped at the fountain as he saw a petite girl with ears plugged with earphone. She was pretty with her angelic voice and her sitting in front of the fountain made her look pictorial. He could only stare at the girl in awe.

Feeling like she was being stared at, Luna looked around and saw one of Sulli’s oppa’s friends. She immediately took off her earphone, stood up and walked to him. “You’re Sulli’s oppa’s friend right? If I’m not mistaken Jonghyun oppa, is it?” Jonghyun nodded.

‘A girl with an angelic voice! My next target. And she’s pretty too.’ Jonghyun’s playboy thought wandered off. He started his conversation like he usually does.

“Yes. You must be Luna right?” Luna nodded while beaming a smile at him.

“What brings you here?” Luna asked innocently.

“Actually, I heard a very beautiful voice singing so I followed it and it lead me to you,” Jonghyun said flirtily. Luna mistook it as a simple compliment from a sunbae.

“Thank you,” Luna bowed when suddenly, her phone vibrated. She opened her phone to read the message. Her eyes widened.

“Who is it?” Jonghyun asked as he was annoyed that someone was bothering him in his ‘operation’.

“My friend. I have to go,” Luna dashed away leaving Jonghyun behind.

‘She left me? It’s impossible! There’s no way a girl would be unaffected and left me alone just like that! Just you wait Luna,’

--

“Unnie! Did you buy me the cupcakes?” Krystal asked Victoria who was standing in front of the counter, ready to order the food.

“No. It’s sold off,” Krystal sighed in defeat.

“Never mind, I’ll just eat anything,” Krystal replied slowly.

“Soojung-ah, go find a table. I’ll buy the foods,” Victoria instructed her. Krystal only nodded before she walked around the crowded cafeteria looking for an empty table.

Her eyes then caught sight of one table at the corner of the cafeteria so she went there. She sat there waiting for her friends to come when suddenly a familiar voice from her back.

“Excuse me miss, that’s our table,”

“Oh really? I’m sorry,” Krystal got up from her seat.

As soon as she eyes landed on the owner of the voice, “Actually I’m not sorry at all,” She sat on the chair again, ignoring the person.

“So you want to steal our table now after you steal my bag, thief?” Krystal immediately stood up.

“First, I didn’t steal your bag and second, this table didn’t have your name on it, frog,” Krystal glared at him.

“So? This is the table where I always hang out with my friends. Automatically, this is our table,” Minho answered back.

“Who’s the teacher that teaches you that?” Krystal scoffed at him. This made Minho’s temper increased.

Just then, Victoria came with a tray of foods on her hands. She looked surprised seeing Krystal with a guy as she had forgotten that she met Minho before. Krystal rolled her eyes before she sat down again. Victoria puts down the tray and sat on the chair also.

“Krystal-ah, who is he?” Victoria asked. Krystal looked at her in disbelief. Then an idea formed in her head.

“Oh him?” She pointed to Minho who was still standing there. Victoria nodded.

“No one. Just a stalker,” Krystal answered with a smirk on her face. Minho stomped away after hearing what Krystal had said.

A few seconds later, Luna came with a tray of drinks on her hands, “If I’m not mistaken, I saw Sulli’s oppa just now. He looked so mad,”

“Sulli’s oppa?” Victoria looked confuse while Krystal never ended her smirk. Luna noticed the devilish smirk on Krystal’s face.

“Did you guys just fought?” Krystal’s smirk widened. Luna shook her head in disbelief.

“That was Sulli’s oppa just now?” Victoria soon realized that Minho was Sulli’s oppa.

“Yes, you forgot? Unnie, you should try to remember everyone’s faces,” Luna sighed.

“Where’s my food?” Amber arrived on their table followed by Sulli.

“Here,”