Chapter 18

Living in Fears

 

Krystal woke up the next morning finding an empty spot beside her. She remember they spent the rest of the night hugging each other instead of talking because they don’t need to speak to know what each other is thinking. She stared at the empty spot that was occupied by Amber last night. She shuffles her body to the spot and buried her head in the pillow used by the tomboy trying to inhale the scent that left behind.

 

Krystal did not cry this time. With determine eyes she held back her tears and believes that Amber will survive and come back to her soon.

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

Amber and Key were called to meet up with Victoria. There’s a saying that the most dangerous place is the safest place, so they decide to meet up at Amber’s apartment.

 

“You guys might lose your life if you agree to do this but I will respect your choice.” Victoria said beforehand since Jonghyun is already dead she wants the two of them to think thoroughly.

 

“If it wasn’t you Victoria unnie I would be dead already.” Amber said remembering how Victoria saved her to escape out of China. Key nodded his head in agreeing what Amber said.

 

“Great. The hospital have contact me saying that there’s sign of Khun waking up. The news got to Kim Tae Woo already and he ordered some men standing outside of Khun’s room. I’m afraid Kim Tae Woo won’t let Khun wake up since once he wakes up he’ll lose the leader spot.” Victoria worriedly said.

 

“So we need to get him out of the hospital before Kim Tae Woo does any harm to him.” Key said understanding the situation.

 

“But there are only 4 of us including Taecyeon, we need to have a plan.” Amber was concern whether they can safely transfer Nichkhun out of the hospital with just the four of them.

 

“Don’t worry I have it all planned out, just wait for my call.” Victoria said before leaving the apartment with Taecyeon following behind.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

There was no other choice the plan that Victoria had in mind involves Sulli’s help. Before she left to Thailand she met Sulli again at the hospital who is responsible to take care of Nichkhun. She’s the only one that can get close to Nichkhun and as much as Victoria doesn’t want to ask Sulli for help, someone that she must forget but there’s no other choice.

 

Since Victoria always visits Nichkhun she knows when the time that there are fewer visitors in the hospital. Avoiding all familiar nurses that might recognize her she sneaks in the hospital waiting for a chance to pull Sulli in a corner.

 

Sulli just finished her shift and was off to lunch break. She went towards the nurse office to get her wallet but before she got inside she was pulled by a hand into an empty corner.  Sulli yelped at the sudden action, a hand then covered stopping the sound from coming out. Victoria pin Sulli against the wall and it was then that Sulli saw who it was. Seeing that Sulli has no intention of screaming anymore Victoria slowly removes her hand.

 

“I need you to help me.” Unknowingly Victoria caress Sulli’s cheek, her eyes shown how much she missed seeing this pretty face.

 

“I thought you don’t remember me?” Tears began to build up in Sulli’s eyes as she brought her hand on top of Victoria’s hand.

 

“How could I not remember you?” Victoria whispered.

 

The two continued to stare at each other eyes for a moment and suddenly they both lean forward until their lips meet. Their soft kiss slowly turns into a more passionate kiss, both lusting for more. Sulli pulled away when she heard footstep coming near, she grab onto Victoria’s hand and drag the older girl to an empty patient room.

 

“What kind of help do you need?” Sulli asked when she knows they’re safe and won’t be found out.

 

“I need to get my husband out of this hospital.”

 

“You just need to do the paper work and he can transfer to another hospital.”

 

“No, I need him out without those guys knowing.” Victoria explained.

 

Sulli knew there’s something going on ever since she didn’t see Victoria coming and those strange men who stood outside of Nichkhun’s room.

 

“Unnie you do know that if anyone finds out I’m doom too.”

 

“I know but I have no choice you’re the only one who can get near my husband.”

 

It went silent between the two as Sulli took a moment to think.

 

“Okay I’ll help you if you answer this question honestly. How many did you had before me?" The moment Sulli woke up alone and found an anonymous note she had the impression that Victoria does this all the time and she's not the first girl. It just upsets her thinking that she might be the nth girl Victoria had.

 

“You’re the first that made me cheated on my husband. No matter how lonely I felt before I can still control myself but I don’t know why that night I was acting like that with you. I’m sorry…” There was sorrow in Victoria’s eyes.

 

“I’ll help you.” Sulli wiped the tears in her eyes, whether Victoria’s words were true or not it has touched her.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

It was the day, the day that they’ll be rescuing Nichkhun out of the hospital, away from Kim Tae Woo’s watch. Sulli will be doing her usual job as a nurse while Amber and Key will be disguised up in a male nurse uniform wearing a mask to help Sulli out. Taecyeon will be the driver who is on standby at the back door and Victoria will just stay in the van since she’s recognize by a lot of people in the hospital.

 

In the busiest time of the day where visitors are allow to visit the patients. Victoria especially chose that time to take action as more people in the hospital will create more confusion. Victoria looked at her watch, it reads 12:30pm, and she anxiously waits in the van thinking it’s time for the plan to start.

 

On the other side Sulli walks to Nichkhun’s room like usual but the only difference was there are two male nurses walking behind her and one is pushing a wheelchair. Sulli stayed cool and walk up to the door like usual. But before she enters she was stop by a hand.

 

“We’re bringing Mr. Horvejkul for a checkup.” Sulli said sounding a bit annoyed.

 

The men hesitated a bit before dropping his hand down signaling Sulli and the two nurses to enter. Amber and Key disguise as male nurses had their heads down the entire time. Key was pushing the wheelchair while Amber was carrying a red blanket. They enter the room without being suspicious. Once they’re inside Key pushes the wheelchair next to the bed and Amber threw the red blanket away. They both help and got Nichkhun safely on the wheelchair. Once they were all done Sulli walk back out while Key and Amber both push the wheelchair. They slowly walk out of the room, Amber and Key still had their heads hang low.

 

“Wait!” One of the men suddenly shouted which startled the three of them.

 

Sulli slowly turn around controlling her expression trying not to look afraid. She can already a sweat breaking out from her forehead.

 

“Yes?” She said with her eye smile.

 

“How long would this checkup take?”

 

“Around 1 to 2 hours.” Sulli calmly reply back again with a smile.

 

The man didn’t question anymore and relax their body after standing at the door for so many hours. Sulli, Amber and Key continue to walk normally to their destination. Victoria has planned beforehand on what route they will take to avoid any nurses that might think they’re suspicious. At the back door of the hospital a black van parked in front with Taecyeon sitting at the driver seat and Victoria on the passenger seat. When seeing two familiar figures Victoria immediately got out of the van and helped them to settle Nichkhun in the car.

 

Victoria faced Sulli and handed her some papers.

 

“I’ll hand these papers in for you and said you have transferred Mr. Horvejkul to another hospital.” Sulli said.

 

It would be Sulli’s responsibility if Mr. Horvejkul went missing so Victoria already signed the paper works so that Sulli wouldn’t need to take the blame.

 

“Here. This is my sunbae. Although he’s still a trainee but he’s really smart. He’ll be taking care of Mr. Horvejkul.” Sulli handed Victoria a note with an address scribble on it.

 

The two had a few seconds of staring in each other eyes before Victoria smiled and went back in the van. They immediately drove off to the address given by Sulli. Once they got outside they pushed Nichkhun out to the door.

 

Victoria pressed the door bell. The door opened revealing a young man wearing glasses.

 

“You must be Sulli’s friends?” The young man said as he widens his door to let the patient in.

 

Amber walks in and when he saw the young man she immediately recognize who he is.

 

A little flashback came in Amber’s mind when she looked at Onew.

 

“Hey let me introduce my friend here, my date for today his name is Onew. He goes to the same university studying to become a doctor.”

 

She then remembered this guy was Sulli’s date when they had their double date in the amusement park.

 

“On…ew?” Amber said sounding a little unsure.

 

“Hi we meet again.” Onew greeted with a smile.

 

He then lead them to a room with a king size bed in the middle of the room. Victoria, Key and Amber all helped to lay Nichkhun onto the king size bed. Afterward Onew began doing a simple checkup on the patient.

 

“I have received a copy of Mr. Horvejkul illness history from Sulli. He seems to be doing fine and there are signs of him waking up.” Onew said.

 

“Thanks.” Victoria said and she looked at her husband with hopeful eyes.

 

“No need to thank me. Thank Sulli, it’s because of her that I agree to do this.” Onew said before he left the room.