Chapter 17

Living in Fears

 

That day after Victoria visited her husband one last time before leaving to Thailand to meet her father-in-law, the official Blue Dragons’ leader, even though he has retired already he still holds the power. But unexpectedly she also met that girl, that girl with a cute face and beautiful eye smile that she cannot forget. It was Victoria’s luck that she had to catch a flight otherwise she wouldn’t know how to face that girl. Should she pretend she forgot since she was drunk or should she talk it out to get things clear? Victoria shook her thought away about Sulli and instead of thinking about that girl she met once she should  think how she should deal with Kim Tae Woo once she land at Bangkok.

 

Once Victoria landed at Bangkok with Taecyeon following they immediately hailed a taxi heading to where the official Blue Dragons’ leader live. Speeding to the destination they arrive at the big mansion in no time. Victoria stomp in the mansion as the maids greeted and bow.

 

“Where’s father?” Victoria asked the butler.

 

“Young mistress, master is in his office room upstairs.” The butler said and bow.

 

Without saying anymore Victoria quickly walks up the stairs. At the front of the door Victoria saw two of Kim Tae Woo’s bodyguard outside she knew things won’t going to be positive. Victoria tries to enter the room but was immediately block by the two bodyguards. As Victoria’s personal bodyguard Taecyeon quickly reach both his hands out each hand holding a hand to the blocking arms. Taecyeon raised his leg and kick the bodyguard on the right first then twisted the arm of the left bodyguard. Since the two bodyguards is eliminated Victoria walked straight through without any troubles.

 

Victoria slam the door opened revealing the scene of her father with Kim Tae Woo sitting across each other.

 

“Father I need to talk to you…” Victoria was about to reveal the bad intention Kim Tae Woo had but a slap has interrupted her talk.

 

“You !” Although old Mr. Horvejkul is around 70 years old but he still has the strength to swing his skinny arm with power. After the slap old Mr. Horvejkul grabbed the pile of photos on his desk and threw them against Victoria’s face.

 

Victoria held on to her swollen red cheek, eyes watery without knowing what had happened. She bends down and pick up the photos that was thrown onto her face. Her eyes widen when seeing the photos, it was photos of her and Sulli kissing and being too intimacy before entering to the hotel room. Even though the scenes are blurry but Victoria can still recall what had happened in her head. She thought about it and indeed she was too careless. Victoria became speechless there was no excuse since there’s proof. Victoria also know she’s the one at wrong.

 

“You got nothing to say?” Mr. Horvejkul shouted.

 

Victoria stayed silent.

 

“You betrayed my son. You no longer have what it takes to be the leader of Blue Dragons.” As much as Mr. Horvejkul sounded angry but there was a tint disappointment in his eyes. He really did believe in Victoria to help and take Blue Dragons to a different level but not anymore.

 

Kim Tae Woo smirked he was like watching a movie the whole time without saying anything. His is plan is taking action and he finally got what he wants. The elders of Blue Dragons will now trust him and not some weakling women.

 

After announcing that Kim Tae Woo will be taking over the leader position of Blue Dragons Mr. Horvejkul left his office ignoring Victoria who still stood there dumbfounded.

 

“Oh my… Victoria-ssi… You never thought you’ll be taken down like this right?” Kim Tae Woo finally spoke. He stood up from sitting and flattens the folds of his black suit. 

 

“I never expect to have caught this on camera. But it would be even better if I can take photos of what happened inside the hotel room it would give Mr. Horvejkul a heart attack.” Kim Tae Woo chuckled as he fish out his pitch black sunglasses and putting it on. Victoria just stared at his cocky face and scrunching the photos in her hand. Kim Tae Woo smirked and left the room laughing.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Once Kim Tae Woo has got the leader power he continues to work on his plan. Firstly he must eliminate the ones that are helpful to Victoria that is a threat to him. If he can’t make them stand on his side the only choice left is to kill them. On his list there was Jonghyun, Amber, Key and Henry. He ordered a group of people following each one of them except Henry who is in China.

 

 

 

It has been a week already since Kim Tae Woo has taken the leader spot. Sitting at the Blue Dragons leader’s office, he lit up a cigarette listening to the weekly report from his men.

 

“Boss, Key has declined to stand on our side and like you ordered we’ve been following him for a week now. He hasn’t been contacting Victoria or Amber at all. It seem like he’s searching for something.” One of Kim Tae Woo’s men reported back.

 

Kim Tae Woo scrunched his brows thinking hard, he then remember the last person Lee Joon with was Key. A sudden thought of the drugs pop up in his head. He might know where the drugs is he thought to himself.  It was just a wild guess but he cannot let this slip even if it’s a wild guess.

 

“Continue to follow him. If you still can’t find out what’s he’s looking for then use the hard way.” Kim Tae Woo ordered.

 

“Boss, Jonghyun has also declined to stand on our side. Victoria has contacted him a few times and we also seen him meeting up with her secretly.” The next person reported.

 

“He can go for good.” The person who reported nodded his head knowing what his boss mean.

 

“Boss, Amber has also declined the offer. We have keeping an eye on her she only contacted Victoria a few times on phone and that’s all.”

 

“Hmm… She’s a smart girl it’s a waste to kill her but she’s a threat.” Kim Tae Woo said showing signal to his men to kill her.

 

The three men left the office after reporting on their spying. The office is now left with Kim Tae Woo and Jaebum.

 

“Boss I don’t understand why do you need to spend the time on spying them you can just kill them.” Jaebum questioned not understanding the reason for wasting time when they knew the three of them won’t stand on their side.

 

“You do know that all three of them are useful, it’s because the three of them that’s how Victoria can stand that long as the leader.” Kim Tae Woo explained. He’s been eyeing Victoria ever since she became the leader and he knows how much they have helped her in standing solid as the leader.

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

At a late night Jonghyun has been secretly following Jaebum to ‘My Heaven’, the place where the Black Tops hangs out. Victoria have ordered Jonghyun to secretly follow Jaebum who Kim Tae Woo trust the most to find out his plan so Victoria can protect the Blue Dragon from being destroy by Kim Tae Woo. Jonghyun stayed in his car outside of My Heaven waiting for Jaebum to come out since it was too dangerous to go inside. While waiting in the car suddenly another car strongly smash into him. The sudden force pushed Jonghyun to hit his head on the steering wheel.

 

“Sh*t!” Jonghyun swore. He was feeling dizzy from the sudden hit and the car from behind smash into his car again causing his entire body flying forward hitting the horn.

 

Blood flows out from Jonghyun’s forehead, he dizzily turns the engine on to drive away from the crazy car behind him.  The crazy car continues to follow speeding his way to smash onto Jonghyun’s car again. Jonghyun step on the accelerator on full speed trying to lose the car behind him but because of his injury he wasn’t driving straight and crashes his car to the walking path into a store. The car behind him quickly drove away as it gathered a lot of citizens’ attentions, some even calling the police. 

 

Shortly afterward the police came and Jonghyun was sent to the hospital. Through his list of contacts Amber was the only one the hospital nurse can get through. They told Amber the situation and in no time Amber came puffing to the front counter desk of the hospital. She walks in to the ER room finding Jonghyun dead core on the bed. All the doctors beside him shook their head.

 

“Jong…oppa…” Waters can be seen on Amber’s eyes.

 

“Are you Kim Jonghyun’s family?” One of the doctors asked.

 

“I’m his friend.” Amber said without leaving her eyes off the dead body.

 

“I’m sorry you’re friend didn’t made it through. The last thing he said was ‘be careful’.” The doctor said before leaving the room.

 

Amber dragged her legs in front of Jonghyun dead body. A tear drop fell sliding down her face. She bit her bottom lip trying to hold back the tears as she recalls all the memories with Jonghyun. To Amber Jonghyun is like an older brother who took care of her when she just joined the Blue Dragons. He had taught Amber a lot in the past which is very precious otherwise Amber wouldn’t able to survive in the gang.

 

Amber kneels down on the floor, her head rested on Jonghyun’s body and hands held tightly onto the bar of the bed.

 

Amber’s phone suddenly rang.

 

“So how is Jonghyun? Is he dead already?” Through the other side of the phone was Kim Tae Woo.

 

“Kim Tae Woo!!!” Amber shouted earning stares from everyone in the hospital but she couldn’t care much about it.

 

“Careful the next person dead is…you.” Kim Tae Woo chuckled before hanging up on Amber.

 

Amber angrily threw her mobile phone on the floor, the phone bounced two times before landing in pieces on the floor.

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

Donghae left the police station to the parking lot fetching his car. He press the alarm button to unlock his car, after entering his car the passenger door from the back opened and a person sat inside wearing a black cap.

 

“Who are you?” Donghae tried turning his head back but was stopped by a hand. Instead he looks on his rear mirror.

 

“Amber Liu?” He managed to see the face that was hiding under the black cap.

 

“What are you doing here? You do know that everyone from Blue Dragons is finding you.” Donghae said while looking at Amber from his rear mirror.

 

“I know but I don’t think they’ll kill me right in front of the police station.” Amber lay back comfortably.

 

“If you help the police out, we can protect you.”

 

“No thanks. All I’m here is to tell you that take care of Krystal and she should leave that place right now.”Amber chuckled making it sounds as if it’s a ridiculous idea.

 

“I’ve tried and I don’t think she would leave after knowing that you’re Yiyun.”

 

“What? How did she know?” Amber bounces forward with a surprising expression.

 

“Long story but the only one who can convince her to leave is you.”

 

“You know I can’t see her right now.”

 

“I can help you out.” Donghae offered.

 

Amber wasn’t going to see Krystal at this state but Donghae insist telling her that Krystal won’t listen unless the words come out from Amber’s mouth. They had an agreement that Donghae will protect Amber to where Krystal is then after Amber convinced Krystal Donghae will safely send Krystal home. Donghae drove outside of Amber’s apartment, Amber look up at the window where her place is and she could see the lights still on from outside. Amber carefully left the car and cautiously arrived in front of her door. She took out her key to unlock the door. The place was still in a mess from what happened before. She quietly walk to her own room only to find Krystal fallen asleep holding onto the ring necklace tightly. Tear stains can be seen on her face too. Amber sat on the edge of the bed she reaches her hand out to brush the strain of hair out of the way then gently caress her cheek. She leans in and kissed her forehead. The sudden touch woke the sleeping girl up. The first thing she saw after opening her eyes was the person she most wants to see.

 

“Amber!!!” Krystal screamed then jolt up throwing her arms around Amber hugging her tightly. Krystal began crying again.

 

Amber couldn’t say anything she tighten her arms holding onto the skinny body and inhaling her scent that she miss the most. After awhile Amber slowly pushes Krystal away.

 

“Krys…you got to leave it’s not safe here.” Amber said with a worry look.

 

“Amber why didn’t you tell me earlier that you’re Yiyun? Why did you give me the spot to be loved by a family while it could have been you?” Krystal ignored Amber’s words and questioned.

 

“I’m glad that I gave you that spot.” Amber replied back.

 

“Krys let’s go. Donghae is waiting for us.” Amber held onto Krystal’s hand pulling her up.

 

Krystal followed and stood up, Amber then dragged Krystal to the wardrobe she open it and in the corner was a small safe. Amber pushed the 4 digits opening the safe, inside was filled with cash. Amber casually grabs her back pack and shoved the money inside.

 

“I saved all these money waiting for the day I meet you again and to run away to live with you.” Amber said while shoving the money in the bag.

 

“Let’s run now to a place where nobody knows about you, where you can be out of the gangster world.”

 

“I can’t… at least not right now. I can’t leave Victoria unnie fighting alone.” Amber said with an apologetic expression.

 

She held Krystal hand again and they intertwine their fingers together leaving the place. They safely reach outside to where Donghae’s car is. Amber opened the door she pushes Krystal inside and threw her back pack inside too. Amber was about to shut the door but was stop by Krystal.

 

“You’re not leaving with us?”

 

“No. It’s safer if I leave.”

 

“Then I’m not leaving too. I’m not leaving without you.” Krystal stubbornly said. She step her foot outside then crosses her arms.

 

Amber scrunched her brows she look around the street hoping their little fight won’t catch any attention.

 

“Come on Amber hop in first then we talk about it.” Donghae finally spoke seeing that Krystal is standing still to her decision.

 

Amber had no choice but to enter the car as well. She sat inside and Krystal quickly cling onto Amber’s arm making sure the tomboy won’t leave her side. After the two girls settle down at the back seats Donghae drove off back to Krystal’s house. The entire way Krystal did not loosen her grip and the two didn’t talk either.

 

They arrive in front of Krystal’s house safely. They got out of the car and Krystal still clings onto Amber’s arm. When she tried pulling the tomboy to her house door she couldn’t as Amber stood still on the spot.

 

“Come inside.” Krystal pleaded with watery eyes.

 

Amber didn’t what to do. One side of her wants to spent some time with Krystal after not seeing her beloved girlfriend for so long but the other side of her tells her that it’s safer if she leave.

 

“Go in Amber. You can leave tomorrow morning.” Donghae said which convinced Amber to stay.

 

Although Donghae does not approve of his cousin to be with Amber but after knowing Amber is Yiyun, the little childhood friend of Krystal, the bond between them were too strong to break them apart. He knows no matter what happens Krystal will not leave Amber. Forcing them to break up will make things worse.

 

Once the three of them enter the house Krystal’s parents immediately ran up to Krystal hugging their daughter tightly. When they broke apart they both look at Amber, the girl that they thought of adopting. The two knew about the whole story since Donghae have told them. He also told Krystal’s parents that Krystal is in love with Amber who is Yiyun. Mr. and Mrs. Jung were shock at this news but they accepted their love because they know how much Krystal wants to see Yiyun again.

 

Mr. Jung hugged Amber and Amber can feel his kindness just like how she felt back then in the orphanage. The hug from Mr. Jung makes Amber want to cry but she holds back the tears. When they parted Amber look at them closely, they have aged so much since then.

 

“You girls must be hungry. I’ll heat the food up.” Mrs. Jung said while wiping the tears away from her eyes.

 

They had eaten some food together then were left alone in Krystal’s room. They all know the two must have a lot to talk about. Inside Krystal’s room the two lie down on the bed hugging each other tightly.

 

“I can’t believe you’re Yiyun.” Krystal said not believe her wish came true.

 

Amber didn’t say anything and just tighten her arms around Krystal’s waist. A smile suddenly appears on Krystal’s face when she recall the old times with Amber at the orphanage.

 

“Do you know what I want to do right now?” Krystal asked.

 

Amber shook her head not knowing what the answer is. Krystal stood up and pull Amber along with her. Amber followed Krystal to the bathroom.

 

“Remember how we used to take a bath together all the time and you would always scrub my back?” Krystal smiled recalling her favorite thing back then.

 

Amber blushed, back then they were really young but now they are fully grown.

 

“Come on let’s go.” Krystal didn’t notice the blush on Amber’s face and began stripping her own clothes. Amber could only stare at the girl stripping each piece of garment off.

 

Krystal was the first to dip herself in the hot bath, she sat in the tube waiting for Amber to strip herself and climbs in. Since Krystal doesn’t seem to be awkward to be seen Amber also did the same thing. While Amber strips herself it was Krystal turn to stare. They both sat in the tube next to eat other now feeling a bit awkward. Breaking the awkwardness, Amber reaches forward for the scrub which her s has slightly touched Krystal’s back turning the younger on. Amber dipped the scrub in the water then starts scrubbing Krystal’s back like she used to.

 

“I wonder how the other orphan is now.” Amber suddenly said while thinking of the times she stayed at the orphanage. There were a few boys and girls that Amber played with before knowing Sulli and Krystal.

 

“After the orphanage was burnt down they all transfer to different orphanage and some even got adopted.” Krystal told Amber what she heard from Sister Mary.

 

It was silent again. There are a lot of questions that Krystal wants to ask Amber but when she’s with her she couldn’t ask anything. Just staying by her side is all she needs. Suddenly Amber stopped scrubbing Krystal’s back instead she wraps her arms around Krystal’s waist.

 

“Krys…if I die please move on and forget about me.” Amber said in a serious tone of voice.

 

Krystal quickly turns her head facing the tomboy while still sitting in the same position. “No you won’t die and I won’t ever forget about you.” Krystal’s eyes are red.

 

“Please…that’s my wish.” Amber whispered in Krystal’s ear before capturing Krystal’s lips and went into a deep passionate kiss.