Court

What's mine is yours, BABE

D.O. POV
I came home late again after such a long day. I haven’t heard from Hana all day, I wondered what she’d be doing. I came in and the lights were off.

Sleeping already? I switched on every light that I passed and noticed that the house was spotless clean. But there was a certain emptiness to it.

“Hana! Babe, I’m home!” I called from downstairs hoping to see her run to the top of the stairs with her usual smile.

I waited a couple minutes and nothing. She didn’t come out. Maybe she really was sleeping.

I ran up the stairs only to be greeted by a lightless room. She wasn’t on the bed, she wasn’t there at all. It was only the owl that laid on top of the bed.

The room was clean too and again with the emptiness. Something wasn’t right. There was no laundry on the floor no scattered, facial products... weird.

Maybe she was playing hide and seek with me again. I thought.

The first place I checked was behind the door. Nothing.

Next, the bathrooms. Nope.

I opened and closed every cabinet of the house. Not there.

Under the bed? I checked that too. No.

I approached out closet hoping that she’d be there. And in the end, it was empty. Literally. All of Hana’s stuff was gone. From her clothes to her bags. Everything that she owned. All that was left was again, my belongings.

I ran downstairs to the door of the garage and faced another empty room.

I called her cell numerous times, but each time, it said she was unavailable.

Not again...

I don’t understand... I thought we were happy.

If anything, she’ll show up tomorrow. Hana can’t miss a hearing like that unless she’d want to be fined. I’ll definitely see what’s up tomorrow.

I climbed into the half empty bed and cuddle my owl. my only companion who’d stuck me through all of this. I’ll see you in court tomorrow, Lee Hana.




The next day......

My and my loyal trustee aka my lawyer aka Park Chanyeol. waited on our side. I glanced over to the right. She still hadn’t arrived. Where are you, goddammit.

The judge was staring at me and I gulped nervously, I didn’t know what to tell him if she didn’t come.

“I’m guessing Mrs. Do is a no show?” He asked.

“Uh, I-”

“I’m here your honor.” I heard Hana’s voice call from all the way from the back of the room. She and her Lawyer had just entered through the large doors. She walked seriously to her side without looking at me.

“Han-” I tried to say but she ignored me and passed me.

“Now, we may proceed.” The Judge said as he hit the heavy gavel on the wood. Chanyeol massaged my tensed shoulders. “Let us begin with a few words from miss Kim Yoonhee, the marriage counselor.” He gestured towards Yoonhee who sat in the box next to the judge.

“Alright, I have nothing else to say but they’re the perfect couple, enough said.” Yoonhee said smiling at both of us.

“Hmm...thank you, Ms. Kim. You may return to your seat.” The Judge told her. Yoonhee got up and went to sit somewhere behind us. The Judge then looked back and forth between Hana and I, “ 10 months ago you two were sentenced to a supervised marriage. I’ve held the money frozen for that period of time, I assumed the happy couple will share the prize?” He asserted.

Hana stood up, “No, your honor, I withdraw from this case. He can keep it. I'm done here.” She said. My eyes bulged and my jaw dropped. I couldn’t believe what she was saying. I heard Chanyeol yell ‘WHAT?!?’ really loudly but I ignored it. Does this mean... we’re over?

No...

The judge slammed the gavel for the last time, “Case closed. You may leave.” He announced.
Hana placed the ring on my table and walked off.