Two Sides To The Story

I Shine Inside

-------------IU---------------

As I followed behind SHINee, they stopped every now and then to sign autographs. I kept my eyes on Onew.

He looks as good as always...

I watched as he angelically got down on one knee to sign an autograph for a little boy.

"When I grow up, I'm going to become a famous singer just like you!" The boy said ecstatic.

Onew ruffled the boy's hair and said, "I'm sure you will. I believe that you can."

As soon as we got into the van, the transformation of the two faced beast began.

"God, these fans are so loud and annoying. I am going to go deaf," Onew grumbled. He threw off his jacket and propped his feet up on the front seat.

I opened my mouth to say something to Onew... but then I hesitated. I finally gathered up the courage to say it, "What about me, Onew?"

"What?" He asked.

"Do you think I can become a famous singer like that little boy?" I asked.

"Pfft, what?" Onew scoffed and turned around to look at me. "Maybe if you..."

Jonghyun took out his headphones and quickly put them over my ears and cranked up the volume. I watched as Onew made a series of disgusted faces with frowns, furrowed eyebrows, and eye rolls. Two years of being friends with the band and that still hurts. But I can't help but harbor those feelings I have for him. They say that love blinds you... I must be as blind as a bat then. If only he knew who I really was... Jonghyun took his mp3 and changed it to the recording setting. He leaned in close to the microphone so I could barely hear Onew's ranting.

"Just ignore him. He's just a big fat meany," Jonghyun said, scrunching his nose and smiling.

I nodded and gave him a slight smile. He turned the music back on. I watched as Jonghyun and Onew began arguing back and forth before Onew finally gave up and turned back around. Jonghyun put his arm around my head and I put my head on his shoulder. At least when I need a shoulder to lean on, Jonghyun is always there...

--------Jonghyun---------

I listened to the roar of the fans as the six of us and our manager walked back to the van. Every now and then I glanced at Ji Eun-ah. I felt my heart skip a beat everytime I looked at her. But her eyes would always wander off to Onew, leaving me in the shadows.

Why won't she look at me?

Every now and then she would trail behind because she kept watching Onew. I would stop and slow down so she wouldn't be left alone. When we finally got to the van, Onew switched into the beast of which I had to protect Ji Eun-ah from. She's like a fragile little angel who had to be given constant care and love. I was willing to be there to give those things to her. If she leaves me in the shadows, then I'm willing to shine like no other star so she could see me clearly.

"God, these fans are so loud and annoying. I am going to go deaf," Onew grumbled. He threw off his jacket and propped his feet up on the front seat.

I sat down next to Ji Eun-ah in the back. I watched as she leaned forward, opening then closing it. After sitting there for a few seconds, she said what she had wanted to say.

"What about me, Onew?" She asked.

"What?" Onew asked.

"Do you think I can become a famous singer like that little boy?" She continued.

"Pfft, what?" Onew scoffed and turned around to look at her. "Maybe if you..."

Before he could continue, I took out my headphones and pulled them over Ji Eun-ah's ears. I cranked the volume of the music all the way up as Onew began his rant. Everytime I heard him rant about her, it made me boil over, but I kept calm for Ji Eun-ah, for her heart.

"Changed, oh, I don't know, everything about you. You might have a chance then," Onew scoffed. "I mean seriously, you braid your hair in two braids like a nerd. Your glasses are huge and thick. You don't even have a cute nose. If I were an audience, I wouldn't look twice at you. Have you seen your clothes? Where'd you get them? Your grandmother's closet? I mean seriously, have you even looked at yourself in the mirror?"

I watched her energetic eyes sink into sad little black holes. I changed the mp3 setting to recording and said to her, "Just ignore him. He's just a big fat meany."

I scrunched my nose and smiled at her, hoping she would smile a little. She nodded and slightly smiled at me. My heart began to beat out of control.

Progress...

I switched the music back on and turned to Onew.

"Are you done?" I said.

"No, I haven't even started on her habit of slouching and that face she makes," Onew replied.

I clenched my fist and slowly realeased it.

"That's enough," I said sternly.

"What? No way. I'm not even near done," Onew retorted.

"Stop it! What has she ever done to you?" I asked.

"She's a girl. Girls are annoying and troublesome," Onew said, pointing at Ji Eun-ah.

"IU's a girl. You seem to have a fancy for her though." I replied.

He scoffed in defeat and turned back around. I put my arm around Ji Eun for comfort and she relaxed her head on my shoulder. This might be as close as I'll ever get to her... but it's worth it, I'll take it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>__< Gah, I hate to make Onew look like a bad guy. How will this turn out ? Will JH get his girl? Will IU tell Onew who she really is? AJFAOEWJA WHO KNOWS.