An Angel Reborn

I Shine Inside

-------IU---------

The next morning, I went to a local church and prayed for that little boy.

God, I’ve never really asked you for much, but please… please… save that little boy’s soul. Please don’t take him so early. Let him live. Let him spread his wings and share those wonderful talents of his. He’s a special one, I just know it. Please. If you are really listening to me, send me a sign. Amen.

I stood up and walked out the front door. As soon as I opened the doors, a ray of sunshine bursted through. The once dark and gloomy morning was now a bright and sunny day. I must have startled a group of doves because they flew off in all directions. I thought nothing of it and went to meet up with Jonghyun.

 

-------Jonghyun---------

As I walked around the park with Ji Eun, her phone suddenly rang. Ji Eun answered it.

“Hello? Dr. Park?” She answered.

“Dr. Park? SaeRyun’s heart doctor?” I asked.

“What?” Her face changed to a dead serious expression. “When? How? Why? Okay… thank you…”

She hung up and turned to me. She started to cry and she hugged me tight. I began to assume the worst.

“I… I can’t believe… SaeRyun… is…” I stammered.

“SAVED!” She sounded and jumped up and down happily.

“Wha?” I said.

“They found a heart donor with the same blood type as SaeRyun! Our little angel is saved!” Ji Eun shouted excitedly.

“Ji Eun-ah… THAT’S GREAT!” I shouted. “DAEBAK!”

We hurried to the hospital. For the next few hours, SaeRyun went into surgery. The doctor worked nonstop to transplant that heart. Once SaeRyun came out, Ji Eun whispered to herself, “Thank God…”

The doctor came over and talked to us for a while.

“It really is a miracle that we found a heart donor for him. He barely had a week left of his life and now he can finally live life as an average child,” Dr. Park said.

“No,” Ji Eun said. “He’s not average. He’s special. I can just tell. That little boy is going to grow up to be an artistic writer. I just know it!”

Dr. Park nodded and smiled. For the next few hours, we waited by SaeRyun’s side along with his mother until he woke up. As he fluttered his eyes opened, we all stood up.

“Am I alright? Am I with God?” SaeRyun whispered.

“No SaeRyun, you’re with us,” Ji Eun said, grabbing his hand.

“My boy!” His mother bursted into tears and turned to us. “You two. You’re miracle workers! I was waiting for the worse to come along but God watched over me! He sent me two miraculous angels. How could I ever thank you?”

I looked to Ji Eun and she smiled at me. “

You could put SaeRyun in an art school once he is well. SaeRyun is very talented and I think he could totally make it in this world as a writer or an artist. Whatever his heart desires,” I said.

“It’s what his heart longs,” Ji Eun added.

SaeRyun’s mother bowed again and again and thanked us.