"On Deadly Terms" (ChanyeolxOC) by ForeverTheHappyFace

Poppy Seeds (~^.^)~ {Review Boutique}

 

Grammar: 2/5

I understand that probably English is not your main language but what I’m trying to say is there could be room for some improvements. The use of the language in this story is sufficient enough for viewers to understand but it cannot be denied that some minor details were neglected. Most of the problems in grammar occur in subject-verb agreement. I will not state much specific examples but one that I recall is from this line of Bomi when she says, “He’s smart. Why does he needs cram school?” The word used should be need. As far as I can recall, the reason for this is because the use of does (which is singular) with another singular word in one sentence is not supposed to be done. Other than that, the use of words was actually quite good. The way you portrayed the words per character gives us readers a “taste” of each character’s personality.

 

Plot Flow: 4/5

I am not that stingy when it comes to rating storylines. I would say that this short story deserves a four in this. The plot flow was neither too fast nor too slow in terms of Bomi and Chanyeol’s relationship. Also, the fact that other parts/ characters from your side stories were added makes it more interesting since the focus is diverted at times rather than always staying on the two leads. Another good point is how you made Baekhyun’s role in the relationship as big as you made it seem. The fast that he was the one who set them up (but also threatened Chanyeol) was brilliant since it adds on to the “ever-beloved-and-protective-big-brother” factor that he has. Lastly, I think the best point was you showing us how Bomi was slowly opening up and leaving her shell. I think that was one of the key factors to the succession of the story.

 

Overall rating: 3/5

The story wasn’t exactly perfect but it was very much satisfying. I enjoyed reading it and I loved every chapter because you made them all interesting. To add on, I also loved reading the side stories. I guess you could say my love for these stories is kind of biased do the fact that I am very much in love with high school love or highschoolAU! Types of stories or schoolAU in general.

 

LINK TO THE STORY

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/302731/on-deadly-terms-comedy-you-exo-chanyeol-multichapter

 

 

A/N to the author: (ForeverTheHappyFace) I am so sorry this took so long. I hope you don't get mad at my ratings either. TAT