Room 309 (Part 2)

SINS

Looking at the information they have on hand, Taeyeon’s frown deepened as she skimmed through the report prepared by the local police. According to the report, the janitor locks up the main door everyday at 10pm and all the lights go off automatically at 2300hrs. Although there are security guards patrolling the area, due to the approaching holidays, the patrolling rounds have decreased and thus there are times where there is completely no one nearby the dormitory grounds. 

Reading through the report, Taeyeon jotted down the few questions she have and decided to find out the answers for them. The first and most important question was, how many assailants there are in total and how exactly did they managed to gain access to the dormitory ground through the locked doors. The second question that came to her mind was the identity of the unknown victim that had contributed her head to the snow man. The school’s population came up to a total of 9000 over students and teachers and many of them have chosen to rent a room outside instead of staying in the supposedly haunted dormitories. For the few staying in the dormitories, many of them have left early to return home for the holidays so there is actually very little people around these days.

During the initial evidence search, Traces of blood were found beneath the shoes of one of the students staying in Room 308 but eventually, a statement given by her room mates ruled her out as a potential suspect. She was one of the more popular characters in school, and has always claimed to be able to see ghost, thus earning herself the nickname Luna.

Deciding to speak to Luna again in the bid to find out if there was anything they missed, Taeyeon walked over to room 308 and knocked on the door. The door opened with a creak a short while later and Luna’s head popped out from the between the crack. Inviting the team in, Luna sat down on her bed and started telling the whole story again from scratch.

Luna’s POV

I vividly remember that I was sleeping and that night I had a nightmare. The nightmare felt so real and even till now, I cannot forget the look in Paula’s eyes. It was a look of complete despair, a look you will never be able to forget for the rest of your life.

Well in that nightmare of mine, I remembered waking up to use the toilet. In the dark, I noticed that the door for room 309 was partially opened and even though I could not see the interiors of the room, I somehow knew that everyone inside that room was dead. The door opened wider suddenly and one of the girls crawled out of the room. Scratching sounds could be heard as she crawled and even though there was a huge gaping hole on the top of her head, I recognized her to be Paula, the mayor’s daughter. She was holding on to one of her legs as support and she was crawling out of the room on her hips. There was long trail of blood behind her and I could even see the white glistening bone on the leg she was holding on to.

I was horrified by the scene I saw and I knew she had seen me because she was crawling towards where I stood. Not knowing what to do, I chose to run away from her and ended up hiding in the toilet instead. Inside the cubicle, I could still hear the scratching sounds sounding outside and the only thing I could was shiver in fear and hope that Paula will not be able to find me. Eventually I headed out of the cubicle and the moment I stepped out, I tripped over something and fell hard onto the ground.

Looking down, I saw a solitary arm lying on the ground, its red painted fingernails reflected in the moonlight. The hairs on my neck stood up all at once and I completely lost it. Screaming loudly, I ran out of the toilet as fast as I could and after that, I could not remember any more happenings because I had out in fear.

==============================================================================================

 Referring to the report in her hand, Taeyeon looked at Luna and patted her shoulder. “That was not a nightmare; you were really at the crime scene that night. We have spoken to a few of your room mates and they have confirmed that you have a habit of sleepwalking.”

Looking up from her laptop, Tiffany stopped recording the details of Luna’s statement and spoke up “We also managed to find the hand you tripped over inside the toilet and confirmed that there is an imprint of your shoe on it.”

Turning pale instantly, Luna pulled her blanket tighter around herself and murmured the words “So… you mean all those nightmares I have had in the past are all real as well?”

Putting the report down, Taeyeon folded her arms before asking “So what other nightmares have you had before?”

“I once dreamt that I was in Room 309 and I was studying at the study table by the window. That night, I felt something brush constantly against the back of my neck and even though I swept at it a few times, I was unable to chase it away. So in irritation, I turned back and to my horror, I saw a body hanging from the ceiling fan. The thing that had been brushing against the back of my neck was her dangling legs. Her eyes had popped out from its socket and her tongue limply stuck out. She had short hair was dressed in a white long dress. She looked tormented from the look on her face, it was clear that she had suffered a lot before dying.”

Remembering something, Taeyeon hurriedly instructed Tiffany to bring up the picture of the head that was buried inside the snow man. Showing the picture to Luna, she asked in an excited tone “Is this the face you saw in your dreams?”

Turning even whiter in fear, Luna took a quick look at the picture on the screen before reverting her eyes and turning to look at Taeyeon. Slowly nodding her head she gripped onto Taeyeon’s hands tightly. “I cannot be sure, but these two faces look very similar.”