Chapter 2: The call

Believe in Me

 

[Seoul, South Korea]

'Finally you answered your phone! I tried to call you since 3 days ago.'

Those words attacked Luhan's ears even before he could say 'Hello'.

He hasn't even put his phone on his ear. It hasn't touched his ear.

Knowing his best friend's voice out there, Luhan laughed and said, 'Kim Jongin, I know you miss me, but please lower your voice a little. I don't want people near you think that we're dating or something. Maybe you're used to the gay gossip, but I'm not.'

Kim Jongin laughed dryly. 'So funny,' he said with no emotions.

Luhan stood up, facing the big window in the office, staring at Apgujeong-dong's street. That street looked pretty crowded, lots of people in their colorful and thick jackets, were walking and cars could be seen everywhere in that street. A normal view. Just a view that most people often ignored. But Luhan likes it. He likes to observe everything around him, every pedestrian and every car that passed.

'Actually, I know you called me,' Luhan said, 'and I'm sorry because I don't have time to call you back. You are a famous singer yourself, so of course you know how it feels when your schedules are so freaking full that you don't even have time to think of other things. I must go to London next week, so all my works here must be finished before that.'

'I know that you are going to London. And that's why I called you. I need your help.'

'Of course,' Luhan answered without hesitation, 'Just tell me.'

'I want you to appear in my music video.'

'What?! Your music video?'

'Yeah. It will be taken in London. Do you know who agreed to be the director of my music video?' 

Without waiting of Luhan's answer, Jongin continued, 'It's Park Sungjae! And because I know that you are going to London to work together with him, I think there's no need to look for other male models. You're perfect for it. What do you think?'

Luhan sighed, 'Do I have another choice?'

'Definitely,... No,' Jongin said while laughing. 'Okay then. So we agreed. And by the way, just so you know, your face are not going to show in the music video. Only the girl's face will be shown there.'

Luhan rose his eyebrow, 'What? Why?'

'In my opinion, you are too handsome for my music video,' Jongin joked. 'But, even when your back or the back of your head appeared, all people in Korea will know that Luhan is the one who acted in Kim Jongin's music video. If you objected it, you can talk to director Park. He's the one who makes the concept.'
Luhan sighed again, but he smiled, 'Kim Jongin, I'm a busy person, here and in London. So tell me, why do I must spare my precious time to appear in your music video if my face wouldn't be seen?'

Ignoring his question, Kim Jongin asked him back, 'Busy? Do you mean you're busy dating someone?' Then he laughed. 'When will you introduce your girlfriend to me?'

Luhan rose his eyebrow, confused. 'What do you mean? What girlfriend?'

'The girl I saw. She went out from a restaurant in Gangnam with you last night. Is she the girl who makes you busy these days?'

Luhan's eyes grew smaller when he remembered it. And some things happened before last night's. 'She's not my girlfriend.'

'Oh, don't lie to me.'

'She. Is. Not. My. Girlfriend.' he repeated. 'And what's this? You're changing your profession to paparazzi or what?'

Kim Jongin laughed. 'Hey. I'm just asking.'