Is it HIM?!

The Matchmaker's Masterplan !!

' Ah haha!! I got it now!! Jongup is planning to do the project with Himchan! That's why he ditched me!  thought stupid Daehyun.

It was monday morning and this was the first thought that flitted through his head.

Hmph. I shall confront him. 

*******************

When Daehyun entered the school, the first thing that hit him was the air that hung over the school.

 Hmm... Somethings very fishy...he thought, scanning the school grounds.He took a few steps but stumpled on a soft pile and fell on top of it.

" What the -

" ARRRGH!!!! " came a muffled scream as an arm, 2 legs and a head  appeared from the pile, and Daehyun was face to face with a boy.

" WHAT THE HECK!? THIS IS NO WAY TO BE -- Daehyun!! What a pleasant surprise! " exclaimed the boy, rubbing his eyes.

The two nerds who yelled at Daehyun in the cafeteria previously,were now staring at the two, mouths agape. Daehyun climbed off the boy hastily and sat beside him.

" Long time no see... " said the boy grinning at him.

Hmph. What a loser. I avoided him. 

" So, have you come to say something to me? " asked the boy smiling slyly.

Daehyun ignored him and looked around to be surprised even further.There were tents pitched up all around the school and people were getting up... which means they camped out. So... a giant sleepover huh?  And I wasn't even invited. Not that I'll go, but still, it's common courtesy.

" So so?"  asked Kyung, (that was the boys name) leaning towards Daehyun, who pushed him away roughly.

" Sorry Kyung but I am aual. Meaning, I am not atrracted to girls or boys " he said stiffly getting up.

" Whatever. We'll see. Say Dae, do you set up guys with guys cause if you are, I wanna sign up " said Kyung yawning and ruffling his hair.

Daehyun shook his head. " Sorry, but I am not that comfortable around that subject " he said.

" Aw. What a sore loser " 

" Hey Kyung, why is almost the whole school camping out here? " asked Daehyun, watching a girl brushing her teeth in her pyjamas, and a boy carrying a towel to the washrooms.

Khyung laughed, resting his hands behind his back, he sniggered at Daehyun. " You don't know?! Today is THE day.

" What?" asked Daehyun blankly.

" The day dude! The day when everything in my life will change... the day I will be satisfied " rambled on Kyung dreamily.

Huh? thought Daehyun. He's mad.

" -- the day I can start a new life, of love, and making love " finished Khyung.

Eww. " OH! I got it! " cried Daehyun, snapping a finger.

Kyung opened one eye to look at him skeptically. " You did?  " he asked.

Daehyun nooded. " Happy birthday Khyung !" said Daehyun shaking the surprised boy's hand. " I hope your wishes comes true! Gotta go!"

"  What a derp " said Khyung watching Daehyun's figure dissapearing into the school.

********************************

Daehyun was utterly confused. Everyone in class seemed to be excited... anticipation hung in the air, and they passesd notes, with the occasional squeal or sigh from a girl.

 Why is everyone acting so weird?

At lunch, everyone was huddled up in groups. Daehyun caught a few words. Somehow everyone was planning something big. Like a programme or something. He shrugged and made his way to the computer labs, where he decided to read about some scientific stuff. 

*********************************

Daehyun now at the library, was reading a book labeled ' How to get rich in just a fortnight '. He didn't even notice the crowded schoolgrounds.

Let's see... Oohh.... I should try this makeover parlour thing for the girls... they'll all come because they all want that man thought Daehyun flipping through a page using the arrival of Yongguk for his advantage.

" Hi ! Why are you up here? " asked a voice. It was that girl." I'm Su min... remember?" she added sarcastically.

" Look. I don't know you " said Daehyun, adjusting his glasses.

" I give up. So why aren't you joining in the fun? It's like a mini carnival out there. People are even selling food "

" Oh.... is that why Jongup asked me to cater food? For a mini carnival? " asked Daehyun looking up at her.

She raised a brow. " You are doing the food ? " 

" Yeah. And the money's just tumbling in " said Daehyun in satisfaction.

" Wait.... you don't know why there is a mini carnival.....?! "

" Who cares? Now let me think about how to start a new business..."

" Dude.... today's THE day..."

Daehyun raised an eyebrow at her. " Really? That's exactly what Khyung---- AH! I get it now!! You and Kyung like each other!! The Day is your special day! But you're afaid to admit it huh? And that's why you suddenly turned up out of nowhere!! And that's why you are talking to me! It's ok I'm here to help, but pay me first " said Daehyun, a smile spreading on his face, at the thought of his next cheque.

" NO! TODAY IS THE DAY THAT YONGGUK IS COMING BACK! "

As if on cue, the crowd began to cheer wildly. Su min stood next to Daehyun and peeped over his head at the crowd below. They were crowded around a black car, pounding on the windows and showing boards that said ..... stuff.

" Who's  that? " asked Daehyun nonchalantly,  squinting at the car.

" Pfft. THAT's Yongguk!"

" Him? Today?! "

The security had managed to push and pull the people back from the car.

The door of the car opened  and a person stepped out. He was wearing a grey hoodie and black pants. His hood was drawn up covering his face.

Su min and Daehyun were both peering at the  person , Su min with hanging open and Daehyun with narrowed eyes. 

" That.... is .... Yongguk. He's back...." whispered Su min, in an awe struck voice.

Daehyun smirked.