I LOVE YOUR BACKPACK

I LOVE YOUR BACKPACK

 

“I love your backpack”

“What??!” Baekhyun frowned. He turned around and saw his tall, creepy roommate clutching onto his (Baek’s) backpack.

“I said I love your backpack.. Umm.. It’s kinda cute…” Chanyeol, the king of derp, grinned awkwardly as he gave a thumps up to his roommate, Baekhyun, who just looked at him like he had two heads.  They were going to perform in Tokyo tomorrow, so here they were, all six of them, at Incheon airport, trying hard not get squished by their crazy loving fans.

They were now waiting for to board their plane in the waiting area, away from all the crazy fans and their cameras. “It’s not cute at all. It’s just a boring, ordinary backpack; I don’t even remember where on earth I got it from.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes, leaning towards the taller to avoid bumping into the security guard  that was walking passed him.  Chanyeol gladly accepted the shorter and put his hands on Baekhyun’s waist. But Baekhyun jerked away.

“What the hell? So it’s not just my backpack? You like my hips too??!” Baekhyun raised his voice, attracting the other boys’ attention.

“What’s going on here? Chanyeol? Are you annoying Baekhyun again?” It was their leader, Suho, that had walked up to where they were standing and was now looking at Chanyeol accusingly.

Chanyeol shook his head while Baekhyun nodded.

“NO!”

“Yes”

Chanyeol turned his head towards Baekhyun who gave him a plain look. Chanyeol’s cheek turned pink.

“Well you better not be fighting; we are in a public place. We need to maintain our image, so BEHAVE!  Okay? I’m going to check on our luggage now” Suho walked away.

Baekhyun sighed as he plopped down on a chair, putting his backpack on his lap.

Chanyeol’s eyes were still stuck on the backpack. “I swear if he keeps gawking liked that with his mouth open, he’s going to drool all over himself” Baekhyun thought. He was right. Chanyeol had started drooling.

“If you like it that much, I’ll give it to you when we get back” Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol who was now looking at him with a surprised expression.

“Wh.. What??!!” Chanyeol wiped his droll, his eyes the size of golf balls.

“You love my backpack right? That’s why you’ve been clinging to me this whole time. You said that yourself...” Baekhyun patted his backpack and smiled at Chanyeol brightly, “It’s ok; I’ll just give it to you”.

“Y.. yeah I did say that But Baek...” Chanyeol tried to explain but his eyes landed on Kyungsoo and Kai, who were standing behind Baekhyun, and he stopped talking.

“What’s going on here?” Kyungsoo asked first as he tried push Kai away from himself. Kai, who had been trying to touch Kyungsoo in any way possible, didn’t budge. Kyungsoo only managed to pry away one of Kai’s arms.

“Yeah man, what’s wrong? Your face is awfully red; are you ?” Kai grinned as he put his formerly swatted away arm back around Kyungsoo’s waist. Kyungsoo tried to push his arm away again, but Kai wouldn’t let go.

“What the… Jongin no one gets red when they are …” Kyungsoo gave Kai one of his best what-the- looks.

Kai raised one of his eyebrows. “Oh, but you do! You always get so excited and red when I touch your---hmph!!!” Kyungsoo had slapped his hand on Kai’s mouth and was now dragging him to the nearest restroom to do god knows what. Chanyeol shivered as he got a mental image of what they would do in there.

He looked at Baekhyun; he was in a similar state and was now shaking his head.

“Soooooooo….you are …” Baekhyun said; it was more of statement than a question.

Chanyeol’s eyes landed on Baekhyun’s inviting lips; he swallowed and answered anyways, “Yeah”

“Didn’t know my backpack had THAT kinda effect on you….” Baekhyun added, wiggling his eyebrows.

Chanyeol nodded absentmindedly as he was still fantasizing about Baekhyun’s lips . “Yeah….I…wait… WHAT? NO!!!” Chanyeol yelled as he finally realized what Baekhyun had just said.

Baekhyun smirked. “It’s okay Chanyeol, you don’t need to be shy. I understand; some people have strange ual desires, and yours is apparently my backpa—”

“NO!  I SAID NO, BYUN BAEKHYUN!!” Chanyeol cut him off, flailing his arms in the air, “JESUS CHRIST! NO!!” he added.

Baekhyun was confused. He didnt understand why Chanyeol was madd? He(Baek) should be the one getting mad here; His did just witness his roommate hitting on his backpack…Baekhyun snortted. He didn’t really mind his roommate’s weird … He was just annoyed that Chanyeol had been clinging to him only for his ing backpack. Great. His pack was getting more action than him. Just great.

“I don’t understand Chanyeol...” Baekhyun turned his head to the opposite direction and bit his lower lip. “If it’s not my backpack, then why do you always cling to me like I’m a lost child or some sort of fragile glass” Baekhyun sighed. “Why?”

Chanyeol took a deep breath. He had to say it; it was now or never.

“Because you are one.”

Baekhyun looked puzzled. “What?”

“I said, because you are one…You are like a fragile glass and I’m afraid that you’re going to break at any moment. So I always hold on to you tightly; I don’t wanna loose you.” Baekhyun was stunned at Chanyeol’s words. Chanyeol was not finished though:

“I am not in love with your stupid backpack. I’m in love with its owner; even if he’s the biggest er of all time, even if he always refuses my hugs, and even if always pushes me…I still love him” Chanyeol was proud of how clear his voice sounded. Finally, he had said it. It has been eating his insides, he was happy he had gotten it out of his chest.

“Chan...”

“I am in love with you, Byun Baekhyun. You are the one I want protect and hold, not your damn backpack” Chanyeol leaned closer to Baekhyun, wipping the tears that had started falling from Baekhyun’s beautiful eyes.

“You’re messing up my eyeliner... ugh.. Idiot!” Baekhyun hit Chanyeol’s chest as the taller hugged him around the waist.

“I’m sorry. I’ll make it up to you when we arrive in Tokyo” Chanyeol gently wiped Baekhyun’s tears with his thumb again. He wondered where all his shyness went. He couldn’t believe he had just confessed to Baekhyun. Chanyeol smiled. All the shyness was now replaced with a fluttering feeling in his chest.

“I’ll hold you to that promise!” Baekhyun leaned his forehead on Chanyeol’s shoulder and put his arms around his waist. He was amazed at how perfectly they fitted eachother.

“Yeah yeah.. Now let’s get on the plane before I change my mind and drag back home and kiss the living daylights out of you” Chanyeol murmured as he gently pushed Baekhyun away.

“Kai was right; you are .” Baekhyun’s chuckled.

Chanyeol picked up Baekhyun’s backpack from the floor with one hand and grabbed Baekhyun’s hand with the other one.

“Yeah well at least it’s not because of your stupid backpack.” Chanyeol rolled his eye at the backpack in his hands; it was so heavy. He decided to carry it for Baekhyun for the rest of the trip.

“Why are carrying my backpack? Give it back; I can carry it myself!” Baekhyun said as he tried to snatch his backpack from Chanyeol’s hand. He just managed to get a peck on his cheek in the process.

His face got redder than it already was.

“This thing is always ing us. See what happened when it’s not near you? I kissed you…” Chanyeol sang happily, putting his arms around Baekhyun’s shoulders. They started walking towards the exit. It was almost time to get on the plane.

“I think you’re lying though. You just wanna steal my backpack, you don’t actually love me. You love my backpack more than you love me; don’t you?!”

Chanyeol laughed at Baekhyun’s childishness.

“I do like your backpack, but my love for your backpack can’t compare to my love for you”

They finally boarded the plane. Chanyeol waved at his leader and the maknae that had already sat in their seats. He guided Baekhyun to their seat. Baekhyun took the window seat and Chanyeol sat right next to him.

The plane was about to move; Chanyeol shut his eyes tightly. He has always been afraid of heights, but he had never told anyone about it. Baekhyun leaned closer to Chanyeol, observing the fearful expression he had on his face.

“You are afraid of crowds, Chanyeol; aren’t you?” Chanyeol turned his head to look at Baekhyun. He instantly calmed down a bit…yeah…Baekhyun had that powerful of an effect on him.

“What?”

Baekhyun chuckled.

“You get scared whenever there are a lot of fans crowding around us, so you look to me for comfort, that’s why you always cling to me in public. You feel safe like that.” Baekhyun smiled, more explaining it to himself than to Chanyeol. “Just like now. You are afraid of heights, that’s why you are holding me so tightly. Am I wrong?” Baekhyun asked.

Chanyeol was surprised at how much Baekhyun knew about him.

“How did you know?”

“Simple..” Baekhyun smiled, hugging Chanyeol’s arm tightly and leaning his head on it.

Chanyeol smiled, thinking how cute Baekhyun looked clinging to him like that.

“Well I’ve always had a crush on you too. That’s why I know so much about you”

Chanyeol blushed beet red.

Chanyeol wished he hadn’t put the backpack away; he desperately needed something to cover his red face with.

“Thank you Chanyeol..” Baekhyun planted a short kiss on Chanyeol’s lips, giggled, and went back to clinging to his arm as if nothing happened.

Chanyeol swallowed, hands on his lips.

On second thoughts…maybe putting away the back was a good idea…

 

END

 

 

thanks for smazoury who edit this one for me.

thank you for read this too, you're a nice reader!

please go to read my baekyeol's sequel fics : THE (GAY) COLLEGE TALES