Weary Travels

My Hearts Insomnia

AN: I am so sorry guys, thank you for reading my fanfic and to be honest I know I was wrong not to write it so I'm apologizing. Yes I have thought of some excuses like family matters and school but I know I know not good enough. Promise I'll be posting more often and please comment and subscribe since that will make me want to keep writing it. This is a short chapter since I felt so bad that i hadn't updated it and figured I needed to tonight, more is on the way so share some love and get others reading too~ Thanks <3

 

Myungsoo's mothers friend kissed his head softly, he sighed. Why couldn't he just live with her. His fathers relatives were out of the country and his mother's parents were to old to care for him. He cursed quietly to himself as he thought of the day his mothers friend had offhandedly joked that maybe his birth family would be able to care for him now. She had meant is as a joke but the social workers hadn't taken to it lightly and within a month they had tracked them down. Which was the hell where he was being sent now.


He climbed into the car, not sure where he was going to be taken but from the location on the map it looks far. It was in the country side, so atleast he'd still be able to see the stars and his friends had promised to write him, or atleast the few friends he had. They had turned away when his parents died not sure what to say to him or what to do with him, as far as he concerned he was still the same kid who loved music, and could shoot hops or bump a volleyball for hours on end but to them he was the orphan who didn't have family or a proper home and who wasn't part of their class anymore.

~~~

The man upfront was listening to the radio, while Myungsoo zoned out the noise and world around him drifting to sleep while listening to his own music. He glanced at the screen, there was only nine percent left, and he figured that they wouldn't be reaching the place for a while yet. “Excuse me sir, but do you mind if I plug this in up there?” He asked holding out the cord but was dumbfounded when the man gave a curt answer in response.

“Yes I do mind, now pip down and let me drive.” To emphasize this and drown out anything that Myungsoo might have responded with he turned up the radio, Oldies music now blaring at Myungsoo only worsening his mood.

“Grouch.” He tossed his headphones into his bag, rummaging though it to pull out his pen and a note book. Smoothing out the creamy white page he because to sketch with smooth and fluent of his pen. A woman soon appeared with a man behind her hugging her waist as both of them laughed up out of the paper at him, tears burned his dark eyes but he refused to let the emotion slip out. “The coldness always is in their eyes.. they're lost and confused. Scared and...”

The man upfront broke his mutterings. “Yah! Cut that out punk, you're setting my nerves on edge.”

Myungsoo ignored him, turning the page to sketch their housing block. Soothingly speaking to himself was a way he could deal with things, and this trip certainly was giving him time. Taking his navy blue pencil crayon he coloured over the black and white drawing, so that a blue feather fell to pieces over the building, breaking and falling apart.

He blew the remaining blue dust off his page not really taking time to look at it, staring absentmindedly out the window sighing inwardly. Yes. This was going to be a long drive indeed.

~~~

“Mr. Kim.” Myungsoo woke, rubbing his eyes as the sun winking at him hiding within the trees.

“Where.. where are we?” he asked, still half asleep and completely disoriented. Suddenly the door was flung open and he was being pulled out, his hand somehow managed to grab his bag as two arms crushes him against some strangers chest.

“Now dear.. let the poor lad breath, I'm sure he needs some fresh air.” a gruff voice stated as I was gratefully put down, but as soon as the person let go my knees buckled, the ground rushing forwards to meet me.

“Whoa whoa whoa, easy boy.” That deep gruff voice was softer now as a pair of arms slide around his middle holding him up. “I'll take him up to the house. Goodness he's nearly asleep already.”

Myungsoo's body slumped forwards and the man scooped up the boy's smaller frame, carrying him up to the large manor and to the western wing where he would be staying.

“Sleep well, my sweet grandson.” He said, kissing the sleeping boy's brow as he went back out to help his wife bring up the boys things. pausing to look back at the peaceful face, a smile touching his own as Myungsoo's arms tugged a pillow close to him hugging it against his body subconsciously. “Welcome home.”