Don't Leave Me

My Hearts Insomnia

 

They should have been home by now, but I wasn't worried about when they would come. They wouldn't forget me, probably my dad had taken my mom out for coffee. He was always trying to make her smile at the end of the day. My mom's smile could light up a whole room. They always joked that I had gotten my smile and happiness from her. The truth was, I hadn't even gotten their DNA when I was born. I was adopted when I was a baby. I didn't know much about my biological parents or their families. All I knew is that I had this family that loved me, and to me, they were my only true family.

We lived in a large city, and I was schooled privately. I had some friends, a small close group, but I liked to study. Knowledge, there always seemed to be something more to learn and to question. And my brain was one that would find those subjects with eagerness. My parents told me a bit about my birthfamily. They didn't know much, but told me what they could. As far as they knew, my birthmother had fleed from my birthfather, for he was going to force her to abort the child. Apparently his parents wouldn't have approved of the scandle and it would have brought shame to there family. But my mother wanted to save my life, to her I was a life, not just a nameless mistake. My mother had been very young, and had died due to complications with the birth. She lived a few weeks after I was born, long enough to secure my new family and home. Then she passed away, my birthfather never knowing where I was.

~~

I sighed irritably. Where were they? I was getting hungry, and they should have been back by now. I searched the house for my cat, I needed atleast it as company. My cat Stone was fast asleep on my bed, where I flopped down next to it, the wind in my lungs escaping in a flash as my back made contact with the matress. “I'm hungry, and lonely.” I complained to no one in particular. My cat looked up at me for a moment before slouching over to curl up on my chest. Stone probably thinks he's a part of the family, my dad would say, before my mom would correct him and tell him that Stone was part of our family. I Stone's fur and in return he snuggle his head against me, purring in contentment. “Stone, you're pretty skinny for all the lazying around you do.” I muzzed, poking his pretruding belly. He just stretched out more on my body wanting more attention. After a few minuets I sat up, pushing Stone onto my bed to go and look out the window. The cities sky was grey and threatened rain. I shivered and moved back to my bed, pulling a blanket around my shoulders and resting quietly.

~~

I awoke to someone shaking my shoulder softly. “Five more minuets Mom.” I turned over, wanting to let sleep claim my warm body again. “Myungsoo... Myungsoo... Wake up...” 'That isn't my mom's voice.' I thought tiredly to myself, I sat up rubbing my eyes, blinking up at some strange lady in my room. “Hmm? Who are you?” She smiled warmly. “I'm a police officer... we.. uh...” She cleared . “We need you to come with us.” 'What did I do?' I thought, I was at home all day, then groaned inwardly. My friends had probably pulled some prank and now I was going to be questioned on which one it was. Why did they always mess around, and why did I have to be dragged into the mess. As we walked down stairs we were joined by a male cop. I didn't pay much attention to him, instead just pulling on a blue sweater and pulling up the hood over my tussled hair, hoping to look half decent. Even if it was miserable outside, I had just woken up and my stomach was empty, I didn't want to look like I had just crawled out of our drainage pipe. My parents were respectable citizens, and expected a certain amount of self respect for myself as well. It was just how I was raised I guess.

I climbed into the car, the lady driving, and the man taking the seat next to her. I looked out the window, the windshield becoming speckled with little dropplets. I closed my eyes and leaned against the window, falling back to sleep as the car travelled down the busy streets. I woke up once we came to a stop and the mans voice called my name. I blinked, looking around trying to figure out where we were now. It didn't look like a police station, it looked like... Wait! This wasn't just anywhere... I was at a hospital.

For the first time, worry began to slip into my heart, why was I here. Why had the police broughten me, why not my parents. Why had my parents not called if it was someone important. I stood frozen, confused and the woman gently guided my ridged body through the doors and into the elevator. My brain was numb, I was numb. They led me into a room, and told me to take a seat motioning to a couple hard plastic chairs in the corner. I stayed where I was, shaking my head slightly, trying to clear my foggy brain. What was going on?

~~

“Ah! You must be Myungsoo!” A man in a white coat came into the room holding a clip board, holding out a hand to shake mine. I didn't make any movement, I just looked at him. “Where are my parents? Why am I here?” My voice was surprisingly even for all the confusing and disorientation I was feeling. The doctors eyes darkened as he didn't meet my gaze. “Myungsoo, your parents... There was an accident... and your parents car was hit in it.” I felt myself sway as the truth suddenly smashed down my walls and flooded into my brain.

The doctor reached out to put his arm around me but I staggered away from him, trying to grasp what he had just said. My parents had been hurt... they had been in an accident... “How bad are they?” I croaked.

~~

The doctor motioned for me to follow him, We walked down the hall, I let my fingers trail along the wall. I didn't want to faint or pass out, or anything embarrasing. I had to be strong, for my parents. I wanted to be strong like I knew my father would be. The doctor led me into a room and motioned to a seat next to a bed. I walked over and saw my mom, I took her hand and she looked at my, her eyes glassy. “Your father..” She gasped, tears leaking as she was not able to hold them back any longer. “Shh... Mom.. it will all be fine,” I murmered. I glanced at other bed, my heart thudding agaisnt my ribs, trying to break free as waves of grief washed over me. The bed next to my mom's held my father, my mom's fingers and his were linked, but his eyes were closed. I moved away from my mom, who's petite figure started to quiver as she began to cry. I gazed down into the face of my father. “Dad...” I called, but I knew there would be no answer. “Dad.. please...” my voice broke and I ran to his side, shaking him, as the nurses pulled me away from his body. “DAD!” I began to shake as choked sobs came from me. I wasn't even trying to hold them back anymore. “Dad.. no.. dad.. you can't go.. I still need you! Don't leave me!!” I begged over and over, the nurses held me tight as my knees crumbled. They let my body sink to the floor, where I held myself shaking and sobbing. 'No! It can't be true! I wouldn't believe it. He couldn't be dead! No!'

My heart aching, I stood up and moved back to my mom's side. I had to take care of her, the responsibility now passed to my young shoulders. “Myungsoo...” She whispered. I looked up at her, trying to stop the tears from clouding my vision. “I love you...” I held her hand tight, “Don't leave me too...” I pleaded quietly, in answer, she squeezed my hand softly, her grip was weak. I already knew that she was tiring, her body wanting to give in.

~~

The doctor took me aside later that evening. “Do you wish to go home? We could arrange a ride...” He began but I cut him off. “What are my mom's odds of surviving?” “She'll be lucky to live through the night...” I nodded and took my place at her side again, studying her sleeping face, whispering softly, “Don't leave me too...”

 

AN: I hope this chapter isn't too short, I am working on the next one but I really wanted to post this one. Please comment because it will encourage me to keep writing... What do you think so far? xD I know this is only Myungsoo so far, more will come in the next chapter... hopefully it turns out ^^