Farewell

My Hearts Insomnia

 

Chapter 2

“Don't leave me too...”

That night was hard for me. I was afraid to sleep, for the fear of loosing my mom and my dad in the same moment. I dozed off around 4 in the morning, I think the nurses felt bad for me because I woke up with a hospital blanket draped around my shoulders. My head had been resting on the rail by my mom's bed and I looked up at the heart monitor that they had installed during the night. Her heart beat was slower then it had been earlier.

 

“Mom...” I whispered softly. “I love you Mom.” I linked our fingers, fixing her hair. I looked at the necklace around her neck. It was simple, but I knew that it was the one Dad had given her for her birthday three years ago. She never took it off, I was glad that she was still wearing it and they hadn't taken it from her or that it hadn't gotten lost. I ran a finger down the bridge of her nose, memorizing her features. They looked pale, and pained, yet oddly peaceful.

I was still holding her hand when the little heart rate went from spikes to a straight line. There was a blur of figures and I was ripped away from her. My eyes moistened, but oddly I didn't feel sad. I felt numb inside. I staggered around and was bumped and jostled by all the strange people. They were trying to help my mom, didn't they know she was gone? She was gone.. she had died just like my dad. She had been taken away from me... she was gone.

 

I was pushed roughly into a table of tools as they tried in vain to revive her. I felt a little twinge of pain as I crashed backwards into a stand of medical tools. It felt like something cold had passed through my side. I looked down disoriented at a hilt, a medical knife was protruding from my side.

 

“Oh... that isn't good...” I whispered, looking down at the hilt of the knife in my side as blood begins to leak from my wound and soak my skin.

I hissed quietly as I pulled out the knife and lifted my shirt revealing the wound. Blood flowed out of it, deep red, staining my flesh crimson as my heart continues to pulse slowly letting more blood pour from me. I clutched myself, my arms becoming slick with blood.

“D..doctor.” I swallowed nervously as my breath becomes more shallow, closing my eyes as pain enveloped my already numb my mind. 'I'm not dead yet..' I thought wildly,closing my eyes, while holding my wounds in a futile attempt to stop the blood flow. 'Do I want to die? I could... I could stay quiet. Everyone was busy they wouldn't notice if I slipped away as well. But I didn't want to die. I already knew, I didn't want to.'

“Doctor!” I called out, the doctor glanced in my direction, before turning back to my mom. He froze suddenly and spun back to look at me. His mouth formed a silent 'oh' and he rushed to my side, barking orders as he went. I let go off my bleeding side, gasping as my head felt light and nausea began to make me sway back and forth. The Doctor grabbed my just as I felt the floor come rushing up to meet me.


 

I woke up, I was in a hospital bed and there were bandages around my stomach. I moved my arm, and saw and IV sticking from it. I blinked, my head pounding inside trying to remember why I was here. Then it all came rushing back to me, in great title waves of pain and disbelief.

“No.” I gritted my teeth, closing my eyes. It had to be a dream, I let the warm darkness flood into my mind again and numb my body once more. I couldn't deal with this now, I couldn't process it. It couldn't be, I couldn't handle it right now.

 

I drifted in and out of consciousness. I didn't like to talk to the nurse, even if it was just answering their questions. I didn't like when they touched me, how they would cup my face and call me a poor babe. I wasn't a baby anymore. I didn't need them acting like I was a three year old. It was hard enough to numb the pain, I didn't need them to reopen the wound and remind me that I was now an orphan, in a large city who had been in shock and accidentally been impaled. No, their swooning wasn't helping anything. They didn't understand, so I slept or pretended to during the day and watched as the moon silently crept across the sky. I liked to escape reality, but it began to seep into my dreams as well. It haunted me, whether awake or asleep. I couldn't escape... I didn't know how. 

 

AN: So I have been going through alot in life lately.. so sorry, I will update the next chapter soon. I already started to write it <3 So excited for the other characters to come into the story ^^ Thanks everyone for subscribing and commenting, who knows with enough views and love I might post the next chapter sooner <3... Anyways, Love ya~