36

Stupid, Sidetracked Love

"SONG. SU. KYUNG!!" a voice screeched, jolting you out of dreamland.

Your eyes opened fast, wondering what was going on when your door burst open, an panicking mother running in.

"I YELLED YOUR NAME AT LEAST FIFTY TIMES, SUKYUNG-AH! WAKE UP RIGHT NOW AND GET READY TO LEAVE FOR THE SHOP!" she yelled, going back out like a storm.

You lay in bed for a while, still in shock and slowly sat up, rubbing the sleep out of your eyes. They felt dry and red - you couldn't sleep the other night because of the anticipation and nervousness for today - your wedding day.

*Aish...I'm only a 16-year-old and I have to go through this? On a Saturday morning too...* you thought, climbing out of bed.

As you showered and dressed yourself, your mind was blank. The only thing on your mind was Kai - if he was as nervous as you were, if he was thinking about you, if he loved you so much that he was willing to marry you at such a young age...

Your parents drove you to the salon shop where a group of stylists were waiting for you. They immediately go to work on you - your makeup, hair, dress, and nails.

Your mom watched from the side, her hands clasped together with shining eyes.

After you finished about four hours later, you went up to your mother, feeling a bit awkward and shy.

"So...How do I look?" you asked, fanning out your dress.

She sighed and said, "You're beautiful, Sukyung. Absolutely stunning. Oh...Why am I tearing up all of a sudden?"

A bit embarrassed, you put a comforting hand on your mom's shoulder, squeezing gently. You felt like crying with your mom, seeing her all emotional. This time, it was the sad slash happy type of emotion - the kind you don't see in your mom that often.

"Mom...Stop crying...It's not like I'm never going to see you again. I'm still going to be living at home with you and Dad until I graduate high school..." you murmured.

Your dad suddenly appeared at your side, tapping you shoulder. You looked up and saw a smile on his face, yet he looked a bit sad, too.

"You're growing up too fast, sweetheart," he said in English, pulling you into a bear hug.

"Dad, my hair!" you whined, but you hugged him back, feeling his warmth through his shirt.

"The car arrived, miss!" a woman employee called, waving for you to come with her outside.

You turned to your foster parents who have raised you for all these years, sticking by you and supporting you even though you weren't their bioligical daughter. A lot of emotions flowed through your chest, but you urged yourself to keep them all in - for these two people.

"I guess I'd better be going! I'll see you guys at there!" you waved, walking out with the female employees trailing after you carring your train.

-----------------------------------

 

*Aish...Why is my heart beating so fast?* Kai wondered, biting his bottom lip while pacing around the inside of the wedding hall.

"Yah, stop walking around like a nervous fool! The guests will be arriving soon and you have to greet them with us!" Kai's mom scolded. 

Kai's mom was wearing a traditional hanbok, looking very beautiful with her hair in a bun and her eyes shining with excitement.

"Agh, Mom I can't do this!" Kai complained.

"Omo, omo. Yeobo, look at him! I've never seen him so worried over something before!" his mom exclaimed, nudging her husband, who was wearing a dark suit and a carnation in his pocket.

He was jarred out of his thoughts and turned to her, a confused expression on his face. "What? Oh, yes, I agree! It's a nice change, don't you think so?"

They both laughed like it was the funniest thing ever, but Kai wasn't paying attention - his mind was only on you, wondering where you were and how you were doing without him.

"Hey, look! It's our y groom~" a loud male voice called from down the hallway.

Kai looked up and grinned when he saw EXO coming down in handsome matching suits.

"Hyungs! Why are you guys only coming now?" Kai asked in a sigh of relief.

"Uh, actually - we're the earliest guests here, babo," Tao laughed, clapping him on the shoulder.

Kai counted the heads and noticed there were only ten boys in front of him. "Where's Baekhyun hyung?"

The boys glanced at each other and Suho spoke up, "Oh, he said he was going to be a bit late - he had things to take care of before coming here. He said he'll be coming anytime soon, though, so don't be so worried."

Kai shrugged, "Okay then, at least he's coming." *If he isn't, I know Sukyung will be really disappointed.*

"Help me greet the guests as they come in," Kai ordered, lining them up along the hallway outside of the reception hall.

"What? No way! How can you treat your guests like this as soon as they come to your wedding?" D.O asked, making a face at him.

"Please~ I'm so nervous right now that I think I'm going to vomit. Just stay here with me at least," Kai pleaded.

"All right, let's help him," Chanyeol chuckled.

Kai smiled. *Thanks, hyungs. I'm really nervous right now, and I'm so happy that you guys are always there for me when I need your help!*

 

--------------------------------

 

Friends from school greeted you in the room for the bride, complimenting on how you looked and snapping pictures with you on their phones.

"You're so young and you're already getting married! Are you and Kai that much in love? It's almost like you guys got into an arranged marriage!" Kim Sooyoung said.

You blushed and nodded. *It was at first, but we fell in love over time. That's what matters to me the most.*

"Guys, we should get going - the reception's gonna start in five minutes. We'll see you down the aisle, Sukyung-ah!" Lee Nayoung said, rushing them out.

You sat there alone, sighing. *I've never been paid this much attention to before...It's a weird feeling...*

You heard soft footsteps coming your way and you looked up. You were surprised to see Eena walking over to you, wearing attire fit for a wedding. She didn't smile at you but she didn't look hostile, either.

"Hey there, bride," she said, standing in front of you now.

"Hi, Eena..." you said softly.

She looked at you for a long time before finally saying, "You look pretty today. Nervous?"

Taken aback by her compliment, you nodded quickly and looked down at you lap, "Yeah, a lot."

Eena nodded and said, "I guess you would be - getting married and all..."

There was an awkward silence until she said, "Look. I know we're rivals and all that, but whatever I did this past year to get Kai back didn't pay off. In the end, you won. So, congrats."

She held out a hand to you. You stared at it in amazement. *Is she apologizing to me or something? Or is she saying that she still deserves Kai?*

You didn't want to end this in bad terms with her, so you shook her hand briefly.

"I know I've been a to you by trying to take Kai back, and I was pretending to be your friend and all, but when I first moved to this high school, I genuinely wanted to be friends with you. I just wanted you to know that," Eena said, smiling a little.

You were surprised by her yet again, hearing her admit that she really wanted to be friends with you.

Eena pulled something out of her bag - it was a cold canned drink of aloe. She set it down on the spot next to you on the cushioned chair and left, leaving you stunned.

"Eena...Can I still be friends with you? Will it be possible?" you asked aloud, taking the can in your hands and cradling it back and forth.

 

-----------------------------------

 

"Ahem ahem. Uh, the wedding will start now. I'm Kris, the announcer for this reception...Wait, Suho, is that what it's called?" Kris asked off at the side.

Embarrassed, Suho just waved it off and mouthed, *Just go on with it!*

Kris shrugged and held the microphone back to his lips. "Yeah. Uh, anyway, today is a special day for two families - the Kims and the Songs. Especially for my good dongsaeng, Kai, and my soon sister-in-law, Sukyung-shi. This wedding is going to be a self-conducted wedding, which means that the bride and groom will be exchanging the rings and promises themselves."

"Kris hyung is pretty good at this," Sehun whispered to Xiumin. Xiumin nodded, "Yeah, even though he messed up in the beginning - he's a good MC."

"I will now present to you the groom!" Kris announced, gesturing to the back of the hall.

Everyone turned their heads to the end of the white carpeted aisle where Kai was standing stiffly. He began to walk down to the front, smiling and walking at a consistent pace as the audience clapped and whooped. There were a few cameramen taking pictures of him, too.

He arrived at the podium and faced the people in front of him. He spotted EXO, his parents, Sukyung's parents, his dad's business partners, friends from school, his teacher, the B.A.P members (Sukyung had invited them), and one person standing in the back with her arms crossed. Eena met eyes with Kai and raised an eyebrow, giving him a small smile and a thumbs up.

*What is she doing here?* Kai wondered.

"I will now present to you the beautiful young bride!" Kris said.

Kai heard a chorus of awed sighs and loud clapping. His eyes found you walking slowly down the aisle, your arm linked with your dad's. The wedding song was playing in the background with every step you took, your train flowing behind you.

Kai couldn't get enough of you - his eyes devoured you from head to toe, taking in your beautiful glowing face, your beautiful dress, and the rosy cheeks from your blushing.

With a smile, your dad let you go and handed his daughter to the man who would become his son-in-law.

"Take good care of her, Kai-goon," he said.

"I will, *ahbumnim," Kai said, a determined look in his eyes. (*Formal/polite way for saying "father")

You smiled at him, taking Kai's breath away. "You look beautiful," he whispered as he helped you go up the small steps.

"You're not too bad looking yourself," you whispered back, giggling.

Kai held your hand the entire time as you and him exchanged vows, promising to love and take care of each other for the rest of your lives.

It was soon time for exchanging rings. Kai slipped a pretty diamond ring on your finger, and you did it for him, too.

"I love you," Kai murmured before he leaned in and kissed you, wrapping his arms around your waist.

Feeling a wave of joy, you reached up around his neck and kissed him back.

Everyone shouted and clapped, standing up and throwing streamers. Your mom was crying, blowing her nose in a tissue with your dad tearing up a bit, too. Kai's parents were laughing and his dad's business partners tapping him  on the shoulder and congratulating him on his son's marriage with huge smiles.

Baekhyun was watching from all the way in the back, leaning against the glass doorframe and watching you and Kai kissing, promising each other to love the other forever.

He had a sad smile on his face. *I'm happy for you, Song Sukyung. Even if you're marrying and loving another man, I'm glad that you're making yourself feel happy and satisfied. I still love you and I'll never forget you.*

With that, he slipped around the corner and disappeared into the hallway, tears flowing from his eyes.

 

---------------------------------

 

"Hey, you guys can't just leave us hanging! Bring us to your honeymoon," Luhan joked.

Kai punched his arm lightly, "Hyung! Shut up, there's no way I'm taking you on the plane to Jeju Island with us."

"Aish, being unfair to your hyung," Luhan said with a laugh.

Baekhyun smiled. "Yah, leave those two lovebirds alone, Luhan!"

EXO laughed. The reception had ended and the cake had been cut at the lunch. B.A.P had given a performance, singing a lovely wedding song for Sukyung and Kai. Everyone was chatting and about to leave the wedding event, congratulating Kai and Sukyung as they left, wishing them a happy life together.

"We'd better go anyway. Congrats again, Sukyung-shi!" Lay said, bowing to her.

The rest of EXO bowed and waved goodbye, you waving back with a grin.

"Sukyung-ah..." a soft voice called. You turned around and was surprised to see Baekhyun standing there, his hands in his pockets with a small smile.

"Oh, oppa! You're not leaving yet?" you asked cheerfully. Kai eyed Baekhyun but looked away, leaving you two alone to talk.

Baekhyun glanced at Kai before nodding, "Yeah, I just wanted to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"I already told Kai this...but...I'm leaving for America again," Baekhyun said.

You stared at him, stunned by this sudden news. "What? Why?"

"I've decided to go there and study to become a vocal coach. I really love singing, and I've decided to get focused on vocals to become a coach. I'm sorry I didn't sing you two a song during the reception," Baekhyun chuckled.

You shook your head - was this really happening? One of your closest friends leaving you forever? And this was Baekhyun - the one who loved you, took care of you, listened to your problems, protected you, and watched your back.

"Do you have to leave? Can't you study in Seoul or something?" you pleaded.

Baekhyun looked pained to talk, but he shook his head. "I need to leave. To maybe start over, train in voice more, get married..."

You were silent before you nodded. "Okay then...You're coming back, right?"

Baekhyun smiled, "Of course. Here is where all of you people are - I can't just leave you guys."

You laughed, "Yeah..."

"I'll be going then. I'll see you around," Baekhyun said, stepping back.

"Yeah, see you around, Baekhyun oppa," you said back, waving.

Baekhyun gave you the last wink you would ever see from him in a long, long time before he turned around and walked away.

 

------------------------------------

 

Zelo came up to you and nudged your shoulder. You turned around and your mouth stretched into a wide smile. "Oh, it's Zelo!"

He grinned and nodded, "Yeah, congrats on your marriage!"

"Thank you," you blushed. "You look really nice in a suit."

Zelo gave a little bow. "Why, thank you."

You laughed at his charming act. "Thanks for the performance today with your members - I really liked it!"

"Good! I could tell your husband didn't like it though," Zelo laughed.

"Don't mind him - he's a jealous wart," you said, making a face.

Zelo nodded and looked up when he heard his name being called. "Zelo-ah! We need to go!"

"Daehyun hyung is always calling for me..." Zelo muttered under his breath. "I need to go for our  next schedule. I wish you the best of luck and happiness, Sukyung-ah! Let's keep in touch!"

He waved as he jogged over to his leaving members.

You waved back and sighed happily. *I've made so many new friends and discovered so much about the world...People like Zelo, Baekhyun, and even Eena will be unforgettable people in my memories.*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

WOOT WOOT! wedding!~~~~~~ ^^ BUT....THE STORY'S OVER NOW GUYS TT.TT I've enjoyed writing this fanfic so much (especially cuz you guys commented and read it! :D) and I appreciate all of the support you all gave me and the fic! My thank you's will never be enough to describe my feelings! :)

All you 500+ subscribers - thank you over and over again! For making this story so successful and fun to write! ^^

Please keep subscribing and commenting and upvoting! :) ALSO - please subscribe to my next fic, "One chance, Multiple thefts"!! >.< If you haven't please click on the link below and subscribe!

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/423759/one-chance-multiple-thefts-adventure-korean-romance-you-bap-theft

Thank you all once again! I love you all!~~~~~~

-supergirl14

P.S. - I WILL be writing an epilogue for this, so please stay tuned for the next update next week! :D