New Rules ~

Butterfly

#Jae Kyung's POV

"Oppa! I'm back!" I called as i took off my shoes. Seungri happily followed behind me. 

"Noona... Noona...." I laughed at Seungri's silliness. I wouldn't be surprised if he had already called me noona a hundred times at the rate he was going. I grabbed a cap off the sofa and slapped it onto the maknae's head. He whined. "Noona...."

I felt a warm hand on my shoulder. I spun around, and found my face just centimetres away from JiYong's. My gaze automatically dropped to his thin, pink lips. I gulped and blinked repeatedly as i tried to look away. 

"Ahem, um.. I.." my eyes followed the movement of his lips and my stomach felt like there was a million butterflies inside me. 

"YAH!!" i heard Tabi's voice and quickly averted my gaze. Ji and I cleared our throats awkwardly and took a step back. I glanced nervously at Tabi and he gave me a warning glare before returning to his room. 

I tried to break the silence. "Um, it's as if my brother has telepathic powers or something. How does he always know whenever I'm with a guy I.." I caught myself before the words escaped from my mouth. 

"A guy you..?" JiYong bent down to meet my eyes. 

A guy I like.. I said in my heart. However, the words that came out from my mouth were different. "A guy I.. a.. a guy i know. Yeah. A guy I know. Heh." I am such a bad liar!! 

"Ahh.." I could sense disappointment in JiYong's voice. Or was it? Maybe i was just hallucinating. Why would Kwon Ji Yong be disappinted when i regarded him as a guy I know? I laughed the matter off. 

"Anyway, were you looking for me?" I asked, hoping to change the topic as quickly as possible. 

"Ah, yes. I.. um.. I think you should go and talk to your br.. I meant YoungBae." Ji was stuttering, which was unlike him. 

"Oh, okay. Where is he? Is he in his room?" I asked.

"Yeah." 

~

I knocked on YoungBae's door. No answer. I opened the door quietly. "Could he be sleeping?" I asked myself. I peeked in, expecting to find YoungBae in bed. 

"YoungBae-ssi.." my eyes slowly scanned the room. At one corner was a cupboard, and outside the cupboard lay at least 20 pairs of shoes, no kidding. I looked towards the far end of the room and saw YoungBae sitting on the window seat, hugging his knees to his body. He was looking out the window, and in his hand i saw him clutching two shiny objects. I moved closer to him. I was about to surprise him by jumping on him when i got a closer look at the two shiny objects. 

I gasped. 

In YoungBae's hands were two identical rings strung onto two identical necklaces, one with the initials Y.B and the other with the initials J.K.

~

#YoungBae's POV

My mind was lost in space. I was thinking of my parents on the night they died, and my helpless little baby sister, wailing desperately for mum. I couldn't do anything, there was a burning plank separating us. I could only cry out three things, Mum, Dad, and Jae. The wound that JiYong had afflicted upon me was burning, but it was nothing compared to the wound in my heart, the memory of me losing my family. A tear was on the brink of falling, and i was using the last of my willpower to hold it back. I was winning, when i heard a tiny gasp behind me. 

I turned around. 

Jae Kyung, my long-lost sister, my only immediate family left, the one closest to my heart, the one who would understand me. I could see tears welling up in her eyes. I didn't want to cry in front of her, especially not when she was on the brink of crying herself. I wanted to be her shoulder to cry on, her strong tower. I wanted to make it up to her for all the years that i left her alone, all the times she cried alone. 

But i couldn't hold it in any longer. 

A tear rolled down my cheek as Jae Kyung sat down beside me. I smiled at her and wiped away the tears before it could fall out of her eyes. I wanted to explain everything to her, but I couldn't find the words. Maybe it was sibling telepathy, or maybe we just understood each other too well, or maybe we had such mixed emotions, but I didn't have to open my mouth to explain anything.

Our feelings were mutual. Our thoughts were mutual. We understood what was going on immediately. This discovery did not need any words. It explained itself just as it is. 

We sat in each other's arms for almost an hour, just crying onto each other's shoulders. Soon, we fell asleep. And I knew that she was dreaming the exact same thing as me. How happy our lives would be having each other.

#Ji Yong's POV

You did well, I congratulated myself. You did the right thing by giving YoungBae the necklace and letting them solve things themselves. 

I had a tendency of wanting to solve everything myself, even if it was none of my business. But this time, although the urge was there, I controlled myself. They are my two best friends. I had to let them solve this themselves. So I had passed the necklace to YoungBae. And I did well.

*flashback to earlier 

I came home staggering and kicked off my shoes. I still couldn't help myself from hurting because of the sight that i saw outside the steamboat restaurant. I stared blankly at the necklace in my hand. I had to explain everything to Jae. I had to. But i stopped myself as I walked past YoungBae's room. Maybe i should let him settle this himself. For once. 

I was about to knock on the door when I cringed. I pulled back my hand. Will he hate me? I'd never punched YoungBae ever before. Would he be pissed? I know it's my fault. I misunderstood and jumped to my own conclusion before finding out more. I was being rash and immature. Maybe he won't want to be my best friend anymore. I dreaded the outcome of me entering his room. I wouldn't mind if YoungBae decided to throw me out of his bedroom window and laugh at me as i fell to my death, but the thing that would break my heart is if he didn't want to become my best friend anymore. 

I shoved all these thoughts out of my mind and pushed open the door. I immediately fell to my knees. 

"I'm so sorry YoungBae but I shouldn't have punched you it was the hugest mistake I've ever made please don't hate me it was all a misunderstanding I know i was being rash and immature but I wasn't thinking straight at that time i know i'm a really bad boy so please punish me but please don't say you don't wanna be my friend anymore!!" I blurted out in a single breath, my eyes glued on the cow patterned rug in front of me. 

I was expecting shouting or maybe hitting. But instead, YoungBae let out a chuckle.

"Yah, do you know me to be an unforgiving, grudge-holding person? And i thought you were my best friend." he sarcastically commented. 

I looked up at him in shock and couldn't resist a smirk. "YoungBae ah.. THANK YOU FOR NOT BEING ANGRY!!!!!" I shouted and jumped into his arms. I hugged the breath out of him. 

"Yah, you want me to get more injuries?" he shoved me off and started slapping my . 

I shouted at him, my sore, but i was glad to have the old YoungBae back. 

~

#Jae Kyung's POV

I woke up in my oppa's arms. YoungBae was drooling. So cute, I pinched his cheeks.

"Uhh.." he grunted and slowly opened his eyes. His eyes rounded at the sight of me. I tilted my head, and he burst out in laughter. 

"HAHAHAHAHA YOUR FACE IS PUFFED UP!!!" he roared. 

"Muh?" I exclaimed, and ran over to the mirror. "AAAAHHHH!!! NO!!! MY FACE!!!"

"That's what you get for crying yourself to sleep!" 

I glared at my oppa, then burst out laughing as well. "You.. your.. HAHAHAHHAHA!!!! Your face is horrible as well!!!!" 

YoungBae joined me in front of the mirror. "OMMO!! NOOOOO... my idol image is ruined!!!" 

Daesung popped his head in. "Like brother, like sister!" he grinned from ear to ear. 

"How did you know.. about.." I stared blankly at Daesung's face which was half-covered by his mouth. 

"Oh, JiYong hyung told the rest of us. Congrats!" he smiled even wider. I was shocked his mouth didn't explode.

"Yah.. and what exactly are you doing in my room, Daesung?" YoungBae spoke my thoughts.

"Oh, Tabi called you guys for dinner. He cooked spaghetti!!! Kyaaaaaa!!!!" and with that, the joker skipped out of the room, shrieking in excitement  like an over-obsessed fangirl.

"Aishh, my silly Daesung." YoungBae smiled. He looked at me and cupped my cheeks in his hand. He leaned down and planted a kiss on my forehead. I hugged my oppa tightly, clinging on to him for dear life, not wanting to lose him. "My loveable dongsaeng."

~

We joined the others at the table. I sat down in between Seungri and Daesung. 

"Noona...." Seungri smiled innocently at me and hugged me. "I'm glad you're okay!!" I patted his soft hair.

"Jae ah.. I wish i could call you noona too. Since i'm only a few months older than you, can I call you noona too?" he asked, smiling that ridiculous smile again. 

"Hmm.. okay then. Dongsaeng." I grinned evilly as Daesung hugged me as well. I couldn't move my arms.

Tabi sat down opposite Daesung. "Jae ah, so are you happy you've got a new brother? You won't forget me, will you?" he asked, trying to pout cutely but failed.

I laughed. "Yes, I'm very happy, but i won't ever forget Tabi oppa." I winked at him. 

Tabi smiled and started on his food. 

JiYong sat down opposite Seungri, and YoungBae stood behind him. My two dongsaengs were still clinging on to me. 

"Yah, hands off, boys." YoungBae smirked evilly. "Now that Jae has found her birth brother, there will be some new intimacy rules around here."

The boys groaned. 

"Rule number one, no skinship." YoungBae glared at Seungri and Daesung, who immediately let go of me and played with their food. "Secondly, my orders come before T.O.P hyung's orders." he smiled innocently at Tabi, who glared at him and pouted. "Thirdly and most importantly, none of you are allowed to hit on my sister without my permission. So, hands off." he smirked. 

JiYong choked on his spaghetti. I glanced quizically at him, and went back to my own food.

I grinned at my oppa as he sat down to eat. Now I had two oppas, two dongsaengs and one.. best friend. I smiled to myself, grateful to have such a happy family.