Case 1: Love that is Obsolete

Best Absolute Sherlock~

It's been rather quiet at the B.A.S agency. Head detective Bang Yongguk kept his busy body listening to the Hot Shot detective Himchan's authentic drumming.

"Hey, Himchan~ah.....Are you sure you don't want to go out?" Bang chuckled with his gummy smile to himchan who didn't hear a word over his drumming. Bang snarled a bit kneeling down grabbing a hold of Himchan's drum stick. The ulzzang consumed in his drumming snapped back into reality as Bang pulled him close. "You didn't answer me...."
 

"OKAY." he puffed up his cheeks and 'buing buing' to his sunbae. "Leave me alone now." he playfully added pointing to the door. Suddenly there was a bit of a disturbance.
 

"BANG-SSHI!!!" called a sort of naggy voice. Bang quickly moved from Himchan and professionally leaned against the chair hiding his red cheeks.
 

"What is it Kibum~ah?" Bang questioned a bit startled. Kibum put one hand on his hip and adjusted his rounded glasses.

"Have you watched tv or read the news?!" Bang cleared his throat.

"Of course I have."

"Well you need to check again!" the angered reporter threw a news paper at his sunbae's chest. "Thanks to your crappy robot body gaurd he's dead!" He stormed out the room covering his face holding back his furious tears.

"What....? No way...? Zelo~ah was ordered to stay next to him and not let this guy get attacked!" Bang looked confused and dumbfounded at the face of a victim he couldn't protect. "...........How did this even happen...." Jong Up walked in with a file in his hands.

"Are we checking out the crime scene now hyung?" the leader grit his teeth looking down for a few moments.

"ne....and get Zelo into my office after we finish...." Bang threw the paper on the ground stomping out fiercely. Himchan quietly picked up his things and followed to the crime scene.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

In a dark lit bathroom laid a familiar face, arms stretched across the ground laying in a pull of blood. How could Bang let this happen? He was at the peek of his career and this...this horrible out come for such an early idol is too much.

".....Please forgive me....." Bang moved the corpse hair out his face with his gloves on to reveal none other than EXO's vocalist, Baekhyun. His eyes were wide open graying and tears dried on his face. "I should've kept a closer eye on you like I promised....." Bang's eyes watered at the sight of a young innocent man who probably cried in pain for help until his last breath. Youngjae slowly began taking photos of the room as Daehyun examined the bullet shells he pulled from Baekhyun's pool of innocent blood.

"Who could have done this?..." himchan muttered to himself as he walked passed Onew. Worried Onew grabbed onto Himchan's arm with wild glassy eyes.

"H-Himchan~ah...."

"Hyung.. you need to be down stairs asking questons with the other guys.." Himchan looked to his terrified hyung calmly. "We'll figure out who did this to your donsaeng as soon as possible okay?" Onew nodded quietly taking his pen and notepad out of his pocket leaving the gloomy bathroom.

"Himchan~ah...." Bang quietly spoke handing his partner a bloody hand phone. "check the last number he dialed." Himchan did what he was told and leaned against the wall next to the sink to view the corpse's history.

 

Down stairs the rest of EXO-K stood in disbelief. Sehun cried quitely on Suho's shoulder while Chanyeol fiercely yelled as Kai and D.O tried calming him down.

"YOU BASTARD!!!" Chanyeol repeated aggressively. "YOU BASTARD!!! WAEEE!?!?! WAEYOOOO!?!?!" his lips trembled and he sniffed. Chanyeol's eyes were red with pain and anger and Kai threw the angry giant into his chest holding him tightly.

"Hyung... jebal....calm down..." Chanyeol crinckled the back of Kai's shirt while he trembled in the midst of his sobbing. "We'll find this evil man... we'll find him..." the SHINee members watched quietly as the group cried out for their fallen member.

"If it's too much to ask, I'll ask the most stable of the group to come and answer a few questions for me..." Minho spoke out gesturing to the living room. "You can come in and chat whenever you are ready..." Minho motioned Taemin and Jonghyun to follow him into the livingroom with EXO as Onew and Key consulted the one unstable member, Chanyeol. 

 

"I d-don't know what went wrong.." Suho held his head in shame. "Baekhyun~ah was a good kid....He didn't deserve to die..." D.O rubbed Suho's back in a circular motion.

"It wasn't your fault hyung...Don't blame yourself." Jonghyun cleared his throat and flipped open his notepad.

"Which one of you were the last to see Byun Baekhyun-ssi alive?" the EXO members looked at each other thinking.

"I last saw him at six in the evening.." Kai spoke. " Then I went out with Suho hyung and Sehun~ah to buy food at seven."

"I was visiting my parents last night, since it was my mom's birthday." D.O raised his hand with a confused look on his face.

"So the last one to see him alive is, Chanyeol." the scribbling on Jjong's pad seem to echo through the room.

"Have they been fighting?" Taemin asked.

"Well, they fight all the time, but..." D.O began his leader's hair as he kept silent.

"It's honestly over really little things." Kai added as Chanyeol stormed in.

"WHY ARE YOU QUESTIONING THEM AS IF I'M THE KILLER?!?!?!" Chanyeol yelled grabbing onto Taemin's collar. "YOU THINK I COULD DO A THING LIKE THAT TO MY---" Minho interrupted Chanyeol as he swiftly got his maknae out of the grasp of the rapper gone mad.

"This is not a place for that kind of behavior, Chanyeol~ ah...." Onew and Key came running in.

"Mianhaeyo!" Key sighed. "I lost grip of his arm and he came storming in here..."

"No, it's fine. We needed every one here anyways." Minho and Taemin sat down once more and Jonghyun continued to question them. 

 

Once the questioning was over, everyone was sent on their way as B.A.S. took their evidence and got to work at the office.

"It just doesn't add up..." JongUp stated repeatedly looking over one mass text message Baekhyun sent. "what does this even mean? I can't correctly decode this with out some where to begin leader!" JongUp sighed laying his head back rocking uncomfortably in his chair.

"JongUp~ah... please work harder to find the answer...." bang emotionlessly said staring out into the gray sky. JongUp threw his hands up and left the room taking his files with him.

"I'll work some where else than..." Youngjae also requested to leave with JongUp and help him on decoding the message leaving only Bang and Himchan in the main office.

"Hyung....Are you alright now?.." Himchan asked wrapping his arms around Bang's waist. His hyung turned his head to him with a deep sigh exhaling from his mouth. "It's alright if you aren't..." He kissed the back of Bang's neck and held him tightly.

"Wae...." Bang repeated. Choking on his never ending question, he began trembling and Himchan's embrace grew stronger.

"Shh... You need to rest for a few hours before you can correctly finish this case okay?...." worried Him spoke softly to Bang. "Let's sleep..." Bang nodded his head and was led upstairs to the dorm rooms.

"but Himchan~ah..." he began as Himchan tucked him in for a a rest. 

"what is it hyung?" Bang's eyes shifted a bit and he looked to Himchan with worrisome eyes.

"If Baekhyun~ah is dead... Where is Zelo?" Himchan's eyes widen finally recognizing the robot maknae's abscence. 

"Oh god.... ZELO~AH." Himchan and Bang both looked at each other alarmed.

"We've gotta find him!" Bang jumped out the bed and darted out the front door while Himchan ran to the other detectives.

"Did EXO tell you if they saw Zelo around or not?!"

"No one told me anything." Taemin said while examining the photos.

"Same here.." Key said.

"Last night when me and Jonghyun went out for drinks, we saw Zelo.. but he was by himself." Minho squinted his eyes a bit. "wait... why would he be on our side of town?..." Himchan took out his phone and dialed leader's number.

"You saw him near the club, right?" Himchan asked as the phone kept ringing.

"Yes, he was at the market when we went into the club." Jonghyun stated. Bang answered the phone out of breath.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Hyung! Go to the market quick! Zelo~ah might be over there!" Bang hung up the phone and headed in the direction of where the baby robot was last seen. Himchan still held the phone to his ear speaking under his breath. "It couldn't be Zelo~ah...."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Bang huffed and puffed running down the street frantically looking for his beloved bot.

"ZELOOOO!!!" he yelled cupping his hands over his mouth to make a loud enough echo. "ZELLOOOO!!!" In the midst of running and yelling Bang stumbled upon an alley way that had a strong smell coming from it. "Zelo?..." walking into the dark alley he noticed a familiar figure. It sat against the wall with it's head dangling low next to the garbage cans. Leader's eyes widen to notice that this was who he was looking for, but he didn't want to believe it. Sparks flew from Zelo's neck as Bang knelt down a lifted his chin.

Zelo's eyes were black and they dripped oil. Bang put his hand on his forehead rubbing his eyebrows still in disbelief. "Why did it have to be him as well...?..." The obsolete maknae's creator held his hand to view the empty battery plate that kept Zelo alive. "It took me years to build you...you were like my son... ack!" the sparks from Zelo's neck burned Bang's hand but he kept holding onto the cold hand. "I-I can fix you Zelo...I can fix you..." Bang whimpered gripping Zelo's hand tightly. "Talk to me Zelo!.." he cried out. 

"H-Hyung...." the robot buzzed and twitched. "H-Hyung...." Zelo's gray and oily eyes had a faint light on as his head turned to his creator. "Hyung...you need to fin----" Zelo's body began malfunctioning and he began to jitter.

"ZELO! NO! ZELO!" bang yelled. "YAH! You can't breakdown here! I order you!" he shook the jittering robot who had a weak smile.

"ajsbdewuibcwhejf...." the light in Zelo's eyes began dimming and Bang began smacking his cheeks.

"ZELOOO!!!" Laeder's tears began falling on his fallen robot. He laid his forehead on Zelo's and began whimpering more. "Aniya...Aniya...." Around the corner Himchan came running.

"HYUNG!" his body came to a hault looking at another lifeless shell being cried over. "Hyung..." Himchan's eyes watered as he slowly reached his hand out to his aching leader. "Hyung please get up...we gotta get away from here..." Bang looked up to Himchan as he held Zelo. 

"Himchan~ah...I couldn't save him either...."

"Don't say that.." Himchan exclaimed squating down and grabbing Bang's wet face. "It isn't your fault okay...?..." He wiped his leader's face with his thumbs and looked to him with gentle glassy eyes. "It will take a while... but I believe we can fix him...okay?" Bang nodded his head.

"Alright...but we need to find this guy....he's really pissing me off..." Bang snarled behind his tears and stood up with Zelo's body craddled in his arms. Himchan stood once again and helped Bang carry Zelo back to their headquaters.

This killer will be found...

This killer will get no mercy...

You better watch out.

 

***Can you decode Baekhyun's message??

The Mass Text Baekhyun sent: 8P EXO4 I3S TO4O STRONG :3 TO BE9 TAKEN DOW3N ...

MOD6! SAR6NHAEYO

~Byun BaekHyun***