After School.

You And I Were.....

After the longest recess ever Naeun  came inside the class only to find Ljoe sitting in the classroom.

L looked at the girl and he couldn’t read her face at all. Her face was devoid of emotions just like the face she developed when Lee Byunghun left for the states. But he knew her too well, he knew that she is bolting  up everything inside.

Ljoe looked at her too, but she was trying to avoid any eye contact with him. The girl, who always used to smile at him, is acting like a stranger to him and that’s all because of him.

 

School went by so slowly that Naeun thought that it was the longest day ever. But when the final bell rang, she was more than glad. She hurriedly packed her bag and ran out of the classroom. As she ran, she bumped into Miss Shin.

“Aah Naeun glad that I ran into you. I need your help on something. You don’t mind helping me out do you?” Miss Shin asked.

Naeun looked back and saw Ljoe coming out as well while talking to some girls of her class. Naeun looked front and shook her head, “I don’t mind Miss Shin.”

Teacher Shin smiled, “Okay good. I need your help in selecting few girls that will represent the school in the Interschool Sports Meet. I have the boys list but I can’t sort out the girls. Come and follow me to the staff room. Don’t worry, it won’t take more than 20 minutes of your time.”

Naeun nodded, “Yes, Miss Shin. Its not problem.” And she followed the teacher.

 

After about exactly 30 minutes Naeun came out of the staffroom. The school hall  were almost empty except for few students. She relaxed herself and prepared herself to go home. As she came out of the gate, she heard someone calling her name.  She turned around and saw LJoe there leaning at the school wall.

Naeun looked at him surprised that he was still there at the school. “You are still here?”

Ljoe smiled at her question and pushed himself of the wall and stood ibfront of the girl. “That’s the first thing you ask me after not seeing me for so long and as an answer to that,  I saw you entering the staff room after running out of the classroom in a hurry. So I decided to wait for you.”

Naeun frowned “Why?”

“Why? Can’t I wait for my bestfriend? And so that I can catch up with her after being gone for so long.” Ljoe replied without any delay.

“Who is your bestfriend here Ljoe shii?” 

Ljoe flinched at how she addressed his name so formally as if they were strangers. He used to like how she called Byunghun.

 “From what I can remember,  you clearly stated that you and I are no longer bestfriend on that day and you said that there is no relation between you and me. You didn’t even inform me that you were leaving for the States. Is that what bestfriends do?” Naeun said with her bitter tone. Just as L described she was bolting everything up inside her and now she was letting go of it.

Ljoe looked at her eyes and he could see that she was deeply hurt. “I’m sorry Naeun-ah. I should have told you that I was leaving but I just..”

“I don’t need your excuses anymore. Past is past. I don’t want to live with that past. I’m doing pretty well as you can see. I don’t in people’s business like you told me not to. I am happy with my own life so please act as if you don’t know me.” With that Naeun turned around and ran away.

Ljoe looked at running figure and sighed. “I guess this will take more time than I thought, and a lot harder. It  seems like you have changed a lot.”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone sorry for taking so long to update. I'm so sorry. I was busy and a lil bit too lazy too.

So how was today's chapter? Do comment, aite?

Thank you for reading once again! :)