Revelation?

Consequences and Unexpected Results

 

 

Dong Woon woke up with a start. It was 3 a.m. in the morning, and Dong Woon had been woken up by another dream. This time he had caught a glimpse of who his attacker is. Even though he was in a scary situation in his dream, he didn’t feel scared. He felt a sense of familiarity even though he was beaten by his attacker. He knew that person, but he didn’t know why he appeared in his dream.

 

What is Doo Junnie doing in my dream? Why am I even having these dreams? Even though he did nothing to protect himself from his attacker, he had tried to talk some sense into the leader. His dream-self had tried to coax the leader to stop, though without much success. He wasn’t afraid for himself, he was afraid for the leader. In the dream, he knows that when Doo Jun finally regains his senses, he will be devastated by his actions. He didn’t know what happened to cause his beating, and the dream did not give any indication. But the dreams look and felt so real! Could it be my memories? But I can’t remember all of it! Argh! This is so frustrating. All of them are acting weird! Especially Doo… He don’t talk much, he don’t do much except the routine things. He has shadows in his eyes… Could it be, that the dreams had really happened? If that’s so, that might explain his behaviour. Dong Woon suddenly remembered something. Something about…

A…

Funeral! Yes, a funeral!

 

He remembered now. Everything. He remembered when the Doo Jun came back drunk after his late girlfriend’s funeral. He remembered that he triggered the beating when he accidentally punched the leader. He remembered the kiss. Alright, Woon. Don’t go there. Dong Woon felt better now. He finally knew what happened. He knew that the leader must’ve been feeling guilty about his actions, and he intend to help his leader get over it. But first, he needs his sleep.

 

 

‘Dong Woon-ah, wake up. We gotta go for practice soon.’ Dong Woon came awake immediately. He saw it was Doo Jun who woke him up, and he gave the leader a bright sleepy smile. He saw the leader return a small smile of his own. It all came rushing back.

‘Hyung?’

‘Yes, maknae?’ The leader sat on the youngest’s bed.

‘Do you… Do you remember what happened?’ Dong Woon looked the leader in his eyes. He knew the leader understood what he was asking.

Many things flashed across the leader’s eyes. He saw fear, anguish, shame and anger. Doo Jun immediately shuttered his face.

‘Doo, I just want you to know… Look at me, hyung.’ Dong Woon took the leader’s face in his hands.

‘Doo, I know what happened. It wasn’t you. You were drunk, and I don’t blame you for whatever that has happened. You didn’t do it deliberately, and that’s all it matters. I don’t blame you, I haven’t before, and I won’t now.’ Doo Jun didn’t say anything.

‘Listen to me, hyung. You can’t keep like this forever. Let it go. I assume the rest already know what happened, and I can be sure they don’t blame you for it. They might be angry, but they don’t blame you.’

Doo Jun broke down. Tears started falling, and Dong Woon wiped it away with his thumbs. He gave the leader a hug, and the leader sobbed against the maknae’s shoulder.

‘I’m sorry, Woonie. So, so sorry.’

‘The only thing you have to be sorry for is that you didn’t come to me before. You stayed behind the shadows the first two times you all came to visit me.’ Dong Woon tried to cheer the leader up. ‘And you didn’t buy me nice food.’

He could feel the leader’s watery chuckle against his chest. That was when Hyun Seung poked his head into their room. He saw what was happening and made to leave but Dong Woon stopped him.

‘Seungie hyung, come here. We can have a group hug!’ Dong Woon sounded positively gleeful. Hyun Seung knew the leader didn’t really like much mushy things, so he went to join the fun.

‘Yah, what are you doing?! Get off!’ Doo Jun knew something was up. He tried to move away, but Hyun Seung joined in the hug. The rest had heard Doo Jun’s struggles in their room and went to see. Yo Seob was the first to join in the group hug, and soon enough, the six manly ‘BEASTs’ were enveloped in a long hug. By then, Doo Jun had stopped his futile struggles and had started laughing. Suddenly Dong Woon poked the leader in his ribs, causing him to jump. The maknae was laughing at the leader’s reaction that he didn’t saw Ki Kwang before it was too late. Dong Woon shrieked as he was being tickled as well. The rest of them laughed at him and they fell into a pile of tickling mess.

 

After the tickling war ended when Doo Jun shouted his surrender, the stood around in the room, panting and looking at the two attacked members. The said members were lying on Dong Woon’s bed, trying to get their breaths back, glaring at the other four members.

‘You - huff - guys are - huff - meanies.’ Dong Woon gave the four a baleful look.

‘Hehehe, maknae, enjoy your cuddle with the leader.’ Jun Hyung smirked and walked out, with the other three behind him.

Ki Kwang paused at the doorway and looked back.

 

‘Now, you guys don’t do anything funny kays? We need to leave soon.’ Ki Kwang winked and left the leader and the maknae together.

‘Woon-ah, you okay?’ Doo Jun looked over to Dong Woon on his left, trying to gauge the younger man’s emotions.

‘Ne, hyung. You?’ Dong Woon turned over and looked at the leader.

‘Me? Yeah, I’m fine.’

‘Should we go now? I need a shower.’ Dong Woon asked aloud.

‘Hmm? Oh, alright.’ Doo Jun sat up and stood. He saw the maknae still lying down.

‘Why are you still lying down? I thought you said you wanna shower?’ Doo Jun looked confused.

‘Yeah, I am. You go out first, then I’ll grab my things, kay? Go check if there is breakfast?’ Dong Woon gave a sheepish smile.

‘Ah, why are you like that? Fine. Sheesh, lazy maknae. Don’t you dare fall asleep, I tell you!’ Doo Jun grumbled on the way out, his eyes a little red from his tears earlier.

 

Actually, Dong Woon didn’t want Doo Jun around when he had to stand up. His muscles were protesting because of yesterday’s short practice, and he didn’t want the leader to see his struggles. He finally stood up, stifling his groans and shuffled out of the room with his kit. Thankfully, they were all at the dining table and weren’t paying attention to him when he stumbled across the dorm to the bathroom.

Dong Woon released a sigh when he closed the bathroom door behind him. He slowly removed his shirt. The expanse of his broad back was revealed when he drew the shirt over his head. When he turned his back to the mirror, he could see some of the bruises. They were fading, and in another few days they will be gone, but for now, they had taken on the colour of a weird greenish/yellow. Dong Woon snapped out of his thoughts and stepped under the hot spray. He immediately felt better. The water pounded on his sore muscles and released some tension, and it soothed his emotions and squashed his growing headache. He loves water, regardless of being in the shower, in the pool or in the sea. He wished he could stay under the water for a long long time before having to get out but he knew he needed to hurry. He remembered his package will arrive tonight. Normally the members will receive some fan presents every few days, so Dong Woon hoped his package will not be suspected. He turned off the shower nob and dressed in some loose and comfortable clothes for the later practice, and stepped out, ready for whatever the practice may bring.