Not Meant To Be

Consequences and Unexpected Results

 

 

Lunch was good, the members enjoying another meal at their leisure because they didn’t have to rush for schedules. They went back to the room to get ready for their massage appointment, although there seemed to be an awkward tension between Dong Woon, Ki Kwang and Doo Jun. The other three noticed it right away, but they didn’t know what was happening and they didn’t know how to dissolve the silent tension. Jun Hyung was the only one who knew a little more than the others, though he would never have suspected what was really going on between those three. They headed to the massage centre and it just happened the receptionist is a BEAST fan. Her eyes opened wide when she recognised them.

 

‘We are here for our reservation at 3 p.m. for six full body massages and a shared room for spa.’ Doo Jun went up to the counter, not really noticing that the receptionist was gaping at them. Jun Hyung noticed and interjected.

‘Hi, Ms… Ms. Kim. We are here for a private vacation so we would please like to ask you to refrain from telling anyone about this. We will be checking out tomorrow and we would really like to spend the rest of our stay here in peace. Can we have your help for that?’ the receptionist seemed to snap back to professionalism and inclined her head.

‘Oh, I’m so sorry. That was rude. Don’t worry. I will not tell. Please enjoy the rest of your stay. Please head to your right to the hallway marked Massage, and enter rooms 14, 15 and 16. Two will go into each massage room, and once you have completed your massage, the attendants will give you directions to the shared spa house.’ She smiled at them when she finished and Jun Hyung thanked her before gathering the rest and following the instructions. The members were glad the receptionist was cooperative. They had managed to avoid large crowds of people, and when the head to the dining area, they wore caps and shades. So far, only the receptionist was the only one who had recognised them, and they hoped they could keep it that way.

 

Jun Hyung was getting worried about the leader now. It wasn’t like him to not notice the receptionist had recognised them, and the receptionist had been right in front of his face! Something was going on, and he wanted to know what. His eyes narrowed while he thought about it and he followed Hyun Seung automatically into a room. Yo Seob snatched Ki Kwang away from Dong Woon before Ki Kwang could do anything about it and left Doo Jun and Dong Woon standing alone in the corridor. Dong Woon realised he and the leader was going to be going into the same room together and he blushed, though Doo Jun missed it because he was still zoning out. Dong Woon waited a while for the leader to snap out of his funk, but it didn’t seem like Doo Jun would be doing so anytime soon, so he grabbed onto the leader’s wrist, dragging him into the room with him. His face flamed even with that small innocent contact, and he thanked his stars once again because Doo Jun couldn’t see it from behind. Doo Jun jerked his head up when he felt someone pulling him by the wrist. His heart thundered when he saw it was Dong Woon. Dong Woon let go of his hand as soon as they were inside the room, but he felt the burn of his touch for a long while after that. They had to remove their shirt for the massage and when none of them moved, they looked at each other awkwardly. Then suddenly Dong Woon laughed, and Doo Jun marvelled at the beautiful sound.

 

Dong Woon was laughing at the leader and himself. The leader had his what-am-I-doing face and Dong Woon found it too cute. Doo Jun didn’t understand the situation at first, but he laughed along with Dong Woon because an answering smile just popped out in response to the maknae’s. It wasn’t as if they hadn’t seen each other’s body before, so why on earth were they acting like schoolgirls?

 

Soon, they were lying on their front, with the masseuse working their magic on them. After a while, they began chatting softly away with each other. When they ended their massage, feeling nice and loose, they grinned at each other and walked to the spa house side by side, each wishing they could have more time like that with each other. I wish we could spend more time together alone, both of them thought. Neither of them realised they had feelings for each other, nor that they were thinking almost the same thing.

 

When they went into the spa house, the others were there already. Ki Kwang and Yo Seob was talking and laughing about something, but when Ki Kwang saw them walking in together, his smile dropped. Dong Woon detached himself a little away from Doo Jun, and gave a tentative smile to Ki Kwang, worried that Ki Kwang would think too much into him and Doo Jun. there was nothing between them. He should know. Dong Woon can’t help but sigh when Doo Jun left his side and went to join Jun Hyung and Hyun Seung. Ki Kwang caught the sigh and Dong Woon widened his eyes when he saw that Ki Kwang had caught that too. . Did he find out that I like Doo Jun? , but how? What can I do if he really guessed that I love Doo Jun instead of him?

 

I knew it. I guess I was hoping for too much, expecting Woonie to love me just because I love him. I can see that he had feelings for Doo Jun now. Just now, when they came in together, they fit so perfectly. And I knew that Doo Jun has feelings for him too. Looks like I’m the losing party this time. But I’m glad, of all the people in the world, they have each other, Ki Kwang thought to himself sadly.

 

He was disappointed to see that Dong Woon, despite his silent agreement to test things out with Ki Kwang, with a twinkle in his eye that was present only when he was with Doo Jun. Ki Kwang knew that to be true because he had never seen it when they were with each other together over the years. It was then Ki Kwang realised the most Dong Woon feels for him is brotherly love. They were close, very close in fact. But Ki Kwang wasn’t what Dong Woon needed in a lover. He felt crushed for a moment, but he knew this was a possibility from the start, and since it was Doo Jun, he could say he can willingly give them his blessings. But first, he had to get them to reveal their feelings to each other.

 

[a/n: hey guys! i know im behind updates, but im busy these days.. >< tests, quizes and ccas need my attention.. sighz... i hope u guys like this chappie! please comment kays :D]