Disaster

Consequences and Unexpected Results

 

 

When they got back, they found that the dorm door wasn’t closed. They figured Dong Woon was in the living room, waiting for them but when they entered the dorm, there was no sign of the maknae. They were getting frantic by now. No one had seen the youngest since they finished their performance, and it had been hours since then. He hadn’t answered his phone, which wasn’t weird, but he hadn’t turn up when he promised he would, which was highly unusual. The maknae was never that irresponsible. The managers also said they didn’t see him since after the stage. The members had reassured the managers, who were more frantic than the members themselves, by saying he was back at dorm. In fact, they weren’t even sure if the maknae was in the dorm or somewhere else. They had hoped he would be, but they looked at the shoe rack, and Dong Woon’s shoes weren’t there. The maknae never wear shoes into their dorm, ever, that’s why they thought he was still outside. They sat down at the table, dropping their bags on the floor. They were throwing ideas of places Dong Woon could be at around, trying to guess where in the world was the maknae.

 

‘The park?’ Yo Seob suggested.

‘Or maybe the streets? He likes to walk along the streets, remember?’ Ki Kwang pointed out. Ki Kwang gasped, then paled.

‘What is it?’ Doo Jun asked, sharply.

‘What if… What if something happened to him on the streets?’ Ki Kwang looked horrified.

‘Yeah, maybe he got mobbed by sasaeng fans and is trying to escape. And remember he wasn’t feeling well.’ Yo Seob pitched in.

‘Then we should go out and look for him now.’ Doo Jun said, standing up and heading out.

 

They decided Jun Hyung and Yo Seob would go to the park and search while Doo Jun, Ki Kwang and Hyun Seung went to the streets. They were already wearing hats and shades as disguises so they went their separate ways immediately. They reported back to each other through phone, and soon enough Doo Jun’s phone went flat. He was the coordinator so he needed to recharge his phone. He told the others he would go back to the dorm to get his portable charger and ran back to the dorm. He normally brings his charger around so the portable charger is rarely used and is found in his room’s table. He crashed into the dorm and slammed open his room door. In his hurry, he didn’t notice the prone figure on the other bed. Only when he stood up to go then he saw the still body. He dropped his phone, now connected to the charger, on the floor in shock.

 

Am I imagining things or is the person we’ve been looking for here in the room all the time? Doo Jun stepped a little closer, suddenly hesitant. Why am I suddenly afraid? I should be pissed off! Doo Jun scoffed at his foolishness and went to the other bed.

 

‘YAH, SON DONG WOON! WHY THE HELL DID YOU NOT PICK UP YOUR PHONE? YOU KNOW WE’VE BEEN-’ Suddenly, the said phone rang. He looked around, and saw that the phone was on the bed, near the side pocket from where it must have dropped out from. The youngest didn’t even stir despite the loud ringing of the phone. Doo Jun picked up the maknae’s phone, and saw that it was Ki Kwang calling. Before Doo Jun had a chance to answer, the ringing stopped. He saw that there were tons of missed calls from the members, him included. He decided to call them back first before interrogating the maknae. He used Dong Woon’s phone, since his was still charging. He called Jun Hyung, who picked up by the second ring.

 

‘YAH MAKNAE WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!!!’ Jun Hyung yelled. Doo Jun had anticipated the yell but was still startled. He wrenched the phone away from his ears, and looked at the phone in disgust.

‘It’s me. Dong Woon is in our room, and he looks like to be sleeping. He didn’t wake up even though the phone rang. I’m gonna try waking him up. You call the others and let them know.’

‘Doo? What the? Never mind, will do.’ Jun Hyung didn’t bother asking questions now. They ended the call and Doo Jun went back to where the maknae lied face down on the bed.

 

Doo Jun tried shaking, yelling and tickling but Dong Woon didn’t stir. His face was away from the increasingly pissed leader, and Doo Jun gave up and just rolled the maknae onto his back. He saw that Dong Woon was still wearing his shoes, and took them off for him, dumping them on the floor. He looked around, taking in the scene of the room around him. Everything looked as it should be- Wait. Why is the drawer open? He would have closed it. And what is that bottle? I haven’t seen it before. He picked up the bottle. It looks like a medicine bottle. The tag said it was something called Tramadol and it was for pain relief. Painkillers? Why the heck does he need these things? What for? Doo Jun felt completely clueless and frustrated. He didn’t like knowing that there were things he didn’t know about the members. And there was the matter of the maknae not waking up. He went back to where the maknae is, and turned the peaceful and innocent looking face towards him. When he did, something red caught his eyes. It was a stain on the bedsheet. It looked like dried blood. Wait! Why is there blood on the sheets?!

 

‘Dong Woon! Yah! Wake up, you’re bleeding! Son Dong Woon! What is wrong with you?! Get up!’ Doo Jun frantically slapped Dong Woon’s face, trying to rouse the unresponsive man.

 

Just then, the members who were just walking through the dorm door when they heard Doo Jun’s exclamation. They rushed into the room, wide eyed at what they were seeing. They spotted the blood on the sheets immediately. The panicked leader was still trying to wake the unconscious man.

 

‘What happened?!’ the members rushed into the room, after freezing for a moment when they saw the blood, eyes glued to the patch of rust red on the sheets. 

 

‘The bottle! And call the ambulance! He’s not responding at all. Yah, Dong Woon, get up!’ the members saw their panicked state of their leader and they were at a lost, and Doo Jun wasn’t making much sense in his state. Jun Hyung snapped out of confusion and called the hospital. Hyun Seung saw the bottle on the floor where Doo Jun had dropped it earlier. His eyes widened further when he read what was on the tag. He passed the bottle to Jun Hyung who had ended the call. The others crowded around to read and they were shell shocked.

‘There is a possibility of him overdosing on the pills. Could it be that?’ Jun Hyung said. Doo Jun turned and looked at him with horror in his widened eyes.

‘Yah, you’re not helping!’ Hyun Seung shot Jun Hyung a dirty look. ‘We should get him downstairs to save time.’ Hyun Seung motioned for them to carry the unconscious maknae, but Doo Jun blocked them all and carried the maknae all by himself. Hyun Seung didn’t bother arguing; he just ran and got the door opened for them.

‘Junnie, grab the bottle will you?’ Hyun Seung yelled from outside, not looking back to the dorm. Everyone rushed out of the dorm, worry lining their faces.

 

The members all waited at the basement where the ambulance will pick them up. Doo Jun was pacing around, alternating between the prone form of the maknae and walking circles around, not leaving the unconscious man for long. He had set Dong Woon on the floor, with Ki Kwang holding on to his head, making sure his breathing passage way is clear.

 

‘Hyung! He is bleeding again!’ Ki Kwang looked up to the leader, eyes filled with helplessness they all could feel. Doo Jun immediately ran back to them.

 

‘Argh! ! Damnit Dong Woon! What the heck did you do?!’ They tried to stop the bleeding by tilting up the maknae’s face and pinching his nose bridge. Just then, sirens can be heard, and the paramedics arrived. The got Dong Woon strapped onto the bad and wheeled him in. Doo Jun stuck close and got onto the ambulance. Hyun Seung followed, grabbing the bottle from Jun Hyung and instructing him to meet them at the hospital. Jun Hyung nodded, and got the other two into their car, racing to the hospital.

 

[a/n: hey guys! what do you think? comments are appreciated! <3]