07;

To France, with Love

Sungyeol is woken up almost immediately by his alarm the next morning (he's always been a light sleeper, but he's still not too sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing) as he sits up with half-lidded eyes, thick blankets pooling around his waist. He fumbles around for his glasses on the nightstand before sloppily swinging his long legs off the bed and stumbling to the bathroom. 

He rushes a little as he gets ready because they have to report to the ski room at nine sharp, and it's already nearing eight and Daeyeol's still off in dreamland, not to mention he also sleeps like the dead (just like Myungsoo, Sungyeol remembers he and Moonsoo had taken this to their advantage and screwed up their brothers' faces with markers one time when they were having a sleepover at the Kims' house) and they have yet to eat breakfast. 

Sungyeol's bathed and changed into his three layers of clothes and he's busy tugging on his hoodie as he moves to wake Daeyeol up. Sungyeol thinks he should just jump onto his brother to wake him, but then he sees him buried underneath the blankets with a peaceful expression on his face that makes him look so much like the little boy he once was that Sungyeol just can't do it, so he just sighs and kneels down, settling for shaking his shoulder instead. 

"Daeyeol, it's already past eight, you have to wake up now," Sungyeol mumbles to the still-sleeping form. 

Daeyeol groans and flings an arm across his face, accidentally (or maybe purposely) whacking Sungyeol's head at the same time. Sungyeol sputters and recoils, then proceeds to rip the covers off of his younger brother, grab him by the ankles and tug him off the bed. 

Needless to say, Daeyeol gets ready pretty quickly after that.

-

"You two fought, didn't you." 

Daeyeol scowls and Sungyeol rolls his eyes as their mother stares the both of them down threateningly in the dining hall. The moment Sungyeol and Daeyeol had jogged down the stairs, Mrs Lee already knew- Daeyeol was poking Sungyeol's ribs excessively and Sungyeol was snarling at him. It was always the same few telltale signs when the two brothers fought. 

Mrs Lee sighs and tells them both to grow up before shooing them off to get their breakfast, settling back in her seat at the table with some of the other parents in the tour group. Daeyeol chucks Sungyeol in the side and Sungyeol, finally snapping, throws an arm around Daeyeol's shoulder and grabs him in a headlock, dragging him along to the bread section to get their food. 

Of course, Sungyeol should've known this would just be a bad idea. With two pairs of long limbs flailing about clumsily, it shouldn't have been so surprising when Daeyeol's legs end up kicking against another pair that most definitely isn't Sungyeol's. 

A head snaps up and dark brown eyes are what greets Sungyeol and Daeyeol.

Daeyeol immediately stutters out an apology before slipping out from under Sungyeol's arm, grabbing a plate and dashing away. Sungyeol clears his throat, "Sorry about that."

Woohyun eyes him for a while before shrugging and looking back at the toaster, as if this was something he had expected all along. Sungyeol wonders how he still feels like he's being teased, even though Woohyun isn't even saying anything at all. 

"I know I'm a hot piece of , but you don't have to be so blatant with your staring," Woohyun informs him. 

Sungyeol picks up the tongs he was using to slide a piece of bread into the toaster to grab at Woohyun's hair. " off, Nam." 

Woohyun jerks away instantly and Sungyeol knocks his hip against Woohyun's to claim the prime spot in front of the toaster. Woohyun barks out a laugh, "Oh, if this is how you want to play it, you'd better prepare for two weeks of hell, Sungyeol-ah." 

Sungyeol chortles and flicks his long bangs out of his eyes before turning to face Woohyun, eyes sparkling with mischief (but not noticing the way Woohyun's eyes flicker and rake over his face). "You forget that I have a younger brother who I prank and pull pranks with almost everyday of my life, Woohyun hyung." 

Woohyun's just about to retort but then the toasted bread slides out from the machine and Sungyeol takes his food quickly before stepping away, popping a piece of toast into his mouth before messing up Woohyun's artfully tousled hair. When Woohyun's eyes darken in annoyance, Sungyeol only flashes him a lopsided grin because yes, I just found the way to piss Woohyun off the most- play around with him and grate on his nerves

"By the way, hyung, you might have to toast another slice of bread," Sungyeol chuckles before finally walking off to find his brother. 

When Woohyun looks down at the empty toaster and finally realises that Sungyeol had taken his toasted bread as well (that he waited a good five minutes for, okay), he grips the tongs so hard he thinks they might dent. Violently, he throws another two slices into the toaster before pinching the bridge of his nose in irritation. Sungyeol is screwed on the mountains later, he'll make sure of it (and Daeyeol, too. Woohyun's going to screw everyone over, dammit).

(Woohyun also wonders why he spends the rest of breakfast wanting to see that spark in Sungyeol's eyes again.)

-

A/N: Yall, I'm so sorry for the really late update! School has been ridiculous and I'm finally able to catch a break, so here's a quick update! Thanks for your support, hope to see your comments too! :)